LC
Years ago

NBA Finals: Miami vs OKC Game 5

Spoiler...

Miami are headed for LeBron's first ever NBA Championship...25 point lead heading into the 4th and seemingly only their way.

LeBron has 12 assists and 19pts so far. Good output from a number of players.

Durant playing an almost lone hand as Westbrook has gone cold and Harden remains MIA.

Topic #28576 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

OKC got screwed at the end of game 2... would have been different result if it had been called right.

Reply #367240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron 3 rebounds from a triple double!

Heat have it in the bag you would assume!

Congrats to the big 3 and the Heat, despite all the criticism, and a imbalanced team, teaming up 3 all stars has worked, obviously having the best player in the game as one of them helps!

Reply #367243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If lebron got the same calls Jordan got, he would get 50 a game. he gets hacked every single time he goes to the hoop

Reply #367246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame Miami had to ruin such a great season with a title... so unlikeable

Reply #367251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to the heat,

can LeBron win a MVP, Title and gold medal all in one year? you would have to back him i reckon.

Reply #367255 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Worst final series ever

Reply #367264 | Report this post

Flip Flop  
Years ago

Finally no more King with no Ring talk.

Now onto how many can he win!

Reply #367265 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Should rename this thread to "Every 2nd post, a sourpuss speaks"

Reply #367267 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Lebron wanted it more than anyone the whole playoffs/finals.

Reply #367270 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was hoping for a longer series, but Miami were just too strong. LeBron is just too good.

Reply #367271 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

And another guy who copped a lot over the last couple of years in Spoelstra certainly outcoached Brooks this series. His adjustments between games were excellent.

Reply #367274 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, full credit. I didnt expect it to turn into a rout, that's for sure. I wonder if this will uncork the genie, so to speak, and we will see a dynasty emerge?

Reply #367275 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I don't know about a dynasty. I think the Thunder may be a BIG threat for the next few years.

While Wade (as much as I love him) seems to be a different player now as he ages. He really has to change his game, develop a super outside jump-shot, or keep getting injured going to the hole.

There is also the Bulls in the East. One or two good moves by them, and Rose staying injury free, and the Heat will have a much rougher time getting out of the East.

Reply #367278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, 2 good young teams competing with Miami over the next few years in OKC and Chicago.

I reckon Miami might win 1 or 2 more in the next few years with their 3 stars, then OKC and Chicago winning a couple each in a few years, as both teams are a bit younger than the Heat.

Then there is always teams like the Lakers who will always be around the mark, even when Bryant retires, they will bring in another star,

and other teams like the Spurs and Mavs will stay competitive for the next coule of years, will be interesting to see what happens post Dirk and Duncan.

Hard to say it will be a Dynasty but you couldnt rule it out either as LeBron is only 28 and has many good MVP level years left in him.

Reply #367283 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

A monster game from LeBron to close out the series. Good to see a couple of the vets in Battier, Miller, and Howard get titles as well. Mike Miller has practically been invisible throughout the playoffs, but he certainly came to play today.

This year was another very positive step forward for OKC too though. Can they take the next step next season?

Reply #367286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fishers foul on Lebron that was changed to a flagrant was the worst call I have seen all season by a few thousand country miles. How the F that can be a flagrant is beyond me!!! OKC weren't playing well but were fighting back between 5-10 points, then from this call it all went south. OKC lost all opportunity to win the game at that point.

Reply #367288 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Terrible refereeing once again in Miami favour..Lebron only has 6 more titles to complete his promise last year of 7 championship titles.

Reply #367319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea 6 more will be tough but i sort of expect him to get atleast 1 more title before he is done.

Reply #367320 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Bahaha, this thread has so many funny posts. Derp.

Reply #367327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The referees and NBA conspiracy were the reason the heat won. Okc were in the driving seat for the championship before that flagrant foul.

Reply #367328 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Clearly Stern wanted Eddy Curry to win!

Reply #367329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 2: OKC gets screwed... lose
Game 5: OKC gets screwed... lose.

that flagrant was not even close to Seattle to being a flagrant... biggest bs call possibly in the history of the playoffs. Bosh should have been teched for making the signal straight in front of the official... virtually forcing the call.

Reply #367332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every team gets bad calls. Miami was clearly the better and hungrier team and two bad calls are not going to change a championship. Whats with all the crazy people on this forum lately with ref and stern conspiracies?

Reply #367336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That no call on durant in game two still
Makes me so angry!!! They call that OKC likely to go on and win we have game 6

Reply #367337 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Champagne comedy!

Reply #367339 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

Lol at all the haters. I was backing OKC to beat Heat for the same reasons. But OKC didnt get screwed they got outplayed. Miami won convincingly.
OKC will get up there again next year.

Reply #367341 | Report this post

Nba agent  
Years ago

There was always going to some reason to why they won other than out playing okc.
Harden trys just as hard to get the soft calls ie sticking his leg out when shooting but
i suppose the crucial turnovers durant had didnt play a factor either only the calls lebron got changed the game.
Miami won cause they wanted it more and learnt from last year.

Reply #367343 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I bet 250 on Durant to score over 30.5 :D

Reply #367345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Laughing at some of these comments haha. First of all, it was actually one of the better finals series in recent years, even though it only went 5 games. Also, how at all was is the refs fault that OKC lost by 20+ in game 5?

Reply #367354 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754