Commodore
Years ago

Cadee stars for aus select

20 points, good signs for our new bloke. Will he be a 6ers starter or come off the bench?

Topic #28591 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I watched the first game against the Tall Blacks, he was actually really impressive. I hope he gets to start or starter minutes, i think this year could be his break out season.

Good times ahead if you're a 6er fan! No so much if you're a Blaze fan..

Reply #367604 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Hey Nat, is there an online broadcast of these games?

Reply #367607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The plan is he starts, which I think is really risky. At his age, wouldve been a good idea to have him come off the bench for a solid veteran style US import and continue to learn the position. As a starter there will come time times down the stretch etc where he will become overwhelmed and it could be detrimental to the getting key wins. Hopefully Clarke knows what he is doing, but with his track record....

Reply #367608 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

We've got Crossy for that veteran support role.

Reply #367610 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Can anyone provide a full team list, or a link to a boxscore? Thanks.

Reply #367614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Details on the New Zealand players? I heard Tai Webster was good, any truth to that?

Reply #367616 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tai Webster is good! Not sure how he went on the weekend though. Re Cadee, skill wise he was right up there with Dellavedova as a junior, he just needed to get stronger.

The accident obviously set him back, but second half of last season he started to look like he belonged in senior basketball and if he keeps working on the physical side he should take some big strides this season.

The Sixers have spoken of him as their starter, which is a bit of a risk, but with his talent, Crosswell there to support and I imagine an import SG who can handle I think it is a risk worth taking.

Reply #367623 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

There was no broadcast of the games, was played in Canberra over the weekend.

Aussies was
Todd Blanchfield
Brad Hill
Clint Steindl
Mitch Norton
Cody Ellis
Jason Cadee
Shane Harris-Tunks
Hugh Greenwood
Owen Odigie

I'm missing a player there, im sure of it.
The NZ team was their current "full strength" team that was announced a few days ago.

Reply #367638 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Tai Webster was the most impressive young NZ player, easy.

Reply #367639 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tragardh is the aussie player you were missing. How'd Odigie go? It's about time an NBL team snapped him up. Great defender.

Reply #367644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan Crosswell is coming of an achilles, so that risk is more of a risk than many give it credit for. I really hope it all works out, nothing like getting behind a speedy creative young fearless PG, but with Adelaide's last few seasons, dont see how they have the audacity to take a risk of any kind at such a key position. Would love to be wrong, on this scepticism i have.

Reply #367646 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Tragardh! HA! Of course!!!
Odigie was ok, he hasn't improved as much as i thought he would. But i'm sure he's grown a little, must be 6ft 7 now.. I think he can make a budget team like the Hawks. Would be a good 3rd string swing man at this point.

Reply #367648 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Thanks Nat. Does anyone know if this is the team we're planning to send to the Stankovic Cup?

Reply #367651 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, his athleticism is way ahead of his skills, but his upside his huge given he is only 19 and physically he is ready to go at senior level.

Reply #367654 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anwhere we can access a box score?

Reply #367658 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Tragardh hurt his hamstring in the first game after having 22 in the first half. Doubtful for China now.

Reply #367660 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I haven't seen any box scores..

Reply #367669 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Triiger won't be on the plane to China....no good for his Big V team either popping a hammy!

Most hammys are minimum 4 weeks.....Any thoughts on which big they will get into replace him?

Reply #367684 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Kickert perhaps? Andersen replaces him in the Boomers side...

Reply #367685 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It would be good to see Khazzouh in.

Reply #367692 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It would be good to see Khazzouh in.

Yeah, I think we saw over his first three games in green and gold that he was pretty lost to begin with but gained that confidence over the course of the series and had a pretty good game 3...

It's a shame that none of these emerging talents vs NZ games were taken more seriously by Basketball Australia... They'll retweet every bit of smoke being blown up their butts, but not answer a simple question about where someone can see these games or a boxscore... very disappointing...

Reply #367695 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Khazzouh or Kickert would be the two guys likely to get the call up. Khazzouh probably suits as he is a simliar player to Trigger, Kickert is more of a 3 to 3 player with no interest in posting up.

Reply #367702 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In fairness to BA these games against NZ were organised at the absolute last minute when NZ's tour of China was called off, and they were more organised scrimmages than games as such.

Would have been nice to get boxscores or livestats, but I can understand all their limited resources were on the Farewell series.

Reply #367704 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wookiee, I imagine the question is too hard. If there were stats, they're probably printed and staff are too embarrassed to take a scrappy photo to upload, or time-poor/lazy to type it out. If there's video, might be too painful to digitise it.

Reply #367707 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Aussies lost Game 2 by 20 without Trigger and Shane Tunks Harris.

Reply #367716 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Thought you'd like to know, Isaac, that that last post of yours looks simply splendid in Dripping Sarcasm font.

Reply #367743 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol... It's a shame that when the NBL is making those little off season efforts with regards to the feedback from online regarding points values and the like that BA can't even send a tweet out...

Paul... I understand about limited resources, and don't really understand the logistics of getting a livestats feed set up, but what good is social media if you're not going to use it for things exactly like this? It doesn't cost anything, but I guess I just have too lofty expectations sometimes lol...

Reply #367811 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I actually agree with you. There has been a increase in interest in basketball lately, and people want to know these things. Fans of NBL clubs want to know if their player played and how he went.

I dont think it would have been hard to send out a few tweets with scores and a list of scorers. I do understand why it wasnt a priority though.

Reply #367822 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With quite a few college guys returning home to play, there would also be interest in these games overseas as well...

Reply #367824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So there are no articles or box scores or anything about how this team is doing? I'd like to hear about how some of the other guys went also

Reply #367895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think everyone's interest is fantastic but need to realize that these games were organized last minute in place of the Aussie squad just scrimmaging at training. So I believe the games were actually a scrimmage between 2 nations with both trying to get out of it what they can. Would training scrimmages of any level Aussie team have live stats? Even though many would love to know how each individual went what if there was only a couple of people on the bench just for fouls and team scores? What if the only video was from a personal camera of the team? I'm sure we would love to know and watch but sometimes it's just a practice match and there isn't any.

I heard though that Cody Ellis was great, Hugh was very good and Jason Cadee played really well looking positive for the 36ers! Bad luck about Trigger apparently he was killin it. Cameron Bairstow was another in the squad and I was told Matt Andronicos and Darcy Harding from the AIS were called into the second game. This is the squad for the Stankovic cup with 2 to come in.

Reply #367905 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Fair enough re: stats if it was really just a scrimmage, but it's been a blanket "no comment" from BA regarding this whole thing, which is disappointing in this age of social media where a few candid snaps here and there and a tweet about the game and some scorers or something is really no skin off anyone's nose, it's just a lack of thought and effort from BA...

I know it's an Olympic prep period, but what's the harm in a bit of extra promotion? I reckon this Emerging Stars team could play the Greek C-grade team that they sent over here and it would be a decent game to watch, but also if you're sending a team over to the Stankovic Cup, why waste that opportunity and not tell anyone about it? It's just stupid...

Reply #368006 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754