Anonymous
Years ago

Massingale didn't even score a bucket

How shit was CJ Masturebate?.

He didnt even score a bucket did he?.

Gone in 2 weeks time. This is not seabl.

Topic #29515 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Did you even watch the game? CJ is a role player with <20mins of court time and just didn't end up with any wide-open looks.

The 36ers didn't have the cash to sign an import of an all-star standard, so CJ won't be relied on for big on-court production.

It was only game 1 of the entire season, and besides, there's a difference between having little impact on a game and having a negative impact.

Reply #382251 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

you think he was gonna come out and win MVP in his first reg season game?
As PlaymakerMo said, he's a cheap import and not expected to carry his team like other Imports like Ervin who is on much much more money

Reply #382257 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Anyone who isn't asked to do too much but can shoot, play a little bit of D and has their head screwed on will thrive in the NBL.

CJ is a role player. He will fill that role. Having a dominant import would probably upset the balance of that Sixers team anyway.

Reply #382260 | Report this post

Sixerfan  
Years ago

Anon, your knowledge of basketball is shit.

You should be banned for this post. This is not Domestic

Reply #382262 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

CJ will do what the team needs to win.If they want him to score he will score.Didnt see the ball last night which makes it hard to score.

Reply #382270 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

For people to understand Massingale's role in the team, you need to take away the import tag and replace it with the 8th man tag.
Imports are generally in your best 3 players, we have a depth of Aussie talent that I'm not sure I've seen in the NBL before. We are so completely unreliant on having a quality import that it would probably throw out the balance.
We have paid import money for Gibson, Schenscher and Johnson. Role player money for Massingale. So if it makes you feel better, consider Gibson and Schenscher as our new imports, they effectively are.
That being said, Massingale was a bit concerning yesterday. Looked a bit lost and didn't really show anything of value. I'd still expect much more than that.

Reply #382279 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Watched him isolation all game and he never saw the ball full stop.Stayed in the corner leaving the middle open.

Reply #382280 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

If Massingale doesn't score and we win every game by 23 then I am more then happy with that.

Great points by Hendo about Gibson, Schenscher and Johnson basically being our imports.

I am looking forward to Massingale being a huge outside threat.

Reply #382281 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Remember when we used to lose and the complaining made sense?

Reply #382289 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Would much rather CJ play like yesterday than force up shots that we didn't need him to take yesterday. He will get his moment to take shots and we can assess his shooting ability than, but if he can happily fill a role in the mean time that is what e Sixers need from him.

Reply #382291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ didn't even score a bucket...mainly because he took LESS THAN ONE SHOT!!!!

Reply #382294 | Report this post

Boomer  
Years ago

The guy has to get the ball to be able to shoot.

Reply #382295 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He looked very keen to get a shot and open his account, but also not to force anything when there were clearly superior options out there.

Fourth sub off the bench too.

Reply #382300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Isaac LMAO, indeed i do. Some people have to complain, whine or troll to validate their own boring insignificant existence...

Reply #382301 | Report this post

nbl fan  
Years ago

What a uneducated basketball opinion by anon. I'm glad he has some support from other posters.
To score the ball in a game of basketball if you are not the point guard means someone has to pass you the ball. Yesterdays game that simply didnt happen. He didn't even get a chance to shoot the ball.

Mark it down here that CJ will still be a big reason why the sixers will have a successful year. Once he gets comfortable to the nbl game he will end up playing starter minutes and be on in crunch time in the 4th qrt.
Give him a few games people before you start complaining!!!

Reply #382302 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I thought it was encouraging that he didn't try to force something just to get a shot up with the couple of half-chances he got.

I think people are searching too hard for a negative in a very positive game from an Adelaide perspective. I thought Clarke got the rotations spot on too.

Reply #382307 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Haters be hating!

Reply #382308 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Agreed Nino. It is worth noting that the last time we won a championship, one of our imports was Matt Garrison, who was a selfless role player. Massingale will score when needed, and when and if we run a play for him.

Reply #382313 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Unbelievable. OP I applaud your knowledge of basketball.

CJ looked fine out there.

You do know we won don't you? 36ers are undefeated and the bagging begins already? Wow.

Reply #382316 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I doubt OP is local or a 36ers fan. Likely one of his opponents and/or a fan of a different SEABL team.

Reply #382322 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Just to reiterate what everyone else said but if you watched the full game, CJ didn't force any shots and didn't have the ball to shoot either. A couple of times he was wide open and still didn't get the ball. BTW, i'm pretty sure CJ is a dual citizen so he's not a import and a very cheap option. Better getting a guy that people have seen play then get a very subpar import that you end up sending back half way through the year. Its only game 1 and Adelaide won by 20+ points, why bash one player already. Nobody pointed out how soft Schenscher was or the missed layups. Cadee's court vision was subpar. If anything positive, Weigh looked a lot better than he displayed in the preseason. Gibson looked good but you would expect that. Creek definitely looks like he needs more minutes.

Reply #382326 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Isaac can you make registration mandatory so these trolls stay away?

Reply #382347 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

CJ is in the team as the eighth or ninth man and I imagine his paycheque reflects that. Just because he doesnt have an Australian passport (yet) it doesnt mean he is going to be looked at to be a star.

Watch for him to work his way into the season, like any other rookie he is figuring out what basketball at this level is all about.

Reply #382350 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Get an Aussie on the roster why have an import on your Roster if he is just going to be a role player?
You guys the 36ers need to get some local talent to do what CJ is being payed to do. Keep it local.

Reply #382369 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Woody, he's more or less naturalised, so he will be local soon enough. The team was missing a veteran shooter. Can't teach that age.

Reply #382384 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

What happened to OP?????? A bit hasty on the enter button, realised too late what you wrote made you look like an idiot?

Reply #382386 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Remember when we used to lose and the complaining made sense?

Exactly. Completely agree Isaac, and as I said in the previous thread, he just wasn't needed against the Tigers. If he were to force himself onto the game, it may have been detrimental anyway. He doesn't really need to be rated or reviewed this game.

If Weigh, Cadee etc. don't have great scoring games I can imagine Massingale will get more court time and have the chance to really show us what he's got. Based on pre-season form, he's capable of being more than worth his spot.

Reply #382389 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

The only two things that could go wrong with this season is the coach subs too many times and stinks it up or the team is just that little bit too young. The second one won't matter if they keep the group together.

Reply #382425 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Well.. He didnt do anything 'wrong' either... just because someones an american doesnt mean they have to instantly come in and stamp there authority on a game. If he were just an Aussie player picked up from the SEABL no one would bat an eye lid at his neither here nor there contribution, put some black skin and an accent on the same player and all of a sudden hes expected to have been on the recieving end of alley oops and knocking 3's down all over people. Its a bit ignorant really.. He is essentially a good SEABL player being given a shot in the big league... he is not what countless other imports are, product of NBA D League, Div 1 college, Perhaps even NBA or solid international leagues. He is a player from the second teir australian league, a league that average NBL players absolutely dominate when they play there in the off season... please see things in perspective.... He is an american Darren Ng, that is what he is here for.

Reply #382429 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I 100% agree with Hurls. Well said!!!

Reply #382465 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It was a troll.

A successful one by the looks.

Reply #382488 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

And LOL at Isaac re: complaining. Give yourself a little basketball for that one :p

Reply #382489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we wanted a cheap import option why not grad Ed Millard from our ABL here? He can really play and i think is clearly better than Massingale.

Reply #382548 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Massingale has proven himself at the SEABL level, not sure if you have watched much SEABL anon? Don't know much about Ed Millard but I doubt he is better than CJ. Give him time to get used to the nbl system and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Reply #382556 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I'm not having a dig at Massingale, but why pay an extra salary, albeit a small one, if you don't need him to do anything? In the work force you get retrenched because there is not enough work for you to do.

Reply #382573 | Report this post

LOL  
Years ago

Ed Millards wasnt even the MVP of our State League, surely you would take Daly in fronmt of Millard cause Daly was considerably better.

EC, its one game.

Reply #382582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didnt bother with his 2nd game, DID HE EVEN SCORE A BUCKET IN HIS 2ND GAME?.

CJ = Shit!

SEABL MVP LMAO.

Reply #383307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahah hes an american Ng. So no D and can sometimes shoot a 3. Injury prone to is he?
CJ Ngassingale.

Reply #383350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I WAS RIGHT BITCHES.

HES NOW GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE.

Amen.

Reply #390564 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754