Speed44
Years ago

Insane NCAA Div III Boxscore!

I don't even understand how someone can take that many shots in 36 minutes!

http://fbbceagles.com/sports/mbkb/2012-13/boxscores/20121120_genl.xml

Topic #30013 | Report this topic

Kills  
Years ago

does anyone else notice on the other team a player had 70pts on 34 from 44 shooting? great defence must have been played!

Reply #388662 | Report this post

Oberon  
Years ago

SASI have regularly played Grinell on their USA tour. They double every touch and run and shoot.

Reply #388666 | Report this post

TheMan  
Years ago

Check the highlights. The guy never crosses half court to play D. Just waits for his team to hand him the ball then shoots

Reply #388668 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Also, grinell played 16 players- i thought the max. you could suit was 12!

Reply #388670 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Zero assists, why is this even newsworthy?

Reply #388674 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hard to call it a basketball game really....

Still, a pretty amazing result.

Reply #388675 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I just love how they played Faith Baptist School, one of the most staunchly religious schools in 'Murika. Looks as though Jesus was busy that night, you would have thought he could have played some divine defense on the kid from Grinell?!

Reply #388681 | Report this post

Abc123  
Years ago

I don't want to seem like a hater or as though I got tall poppy syndrome however, this has been giving me the shits for the following reasons;

- give any half decent player that many shots in a game and they will score that's many points.
- the other team played no defense! If a team is going to allow you to do what you want, when you want, how you want, obviously scores are going to be absolutely massive! No coaching involved.
- the kid cherry picked as mentioned above, just waited for the ball to be passed to him after the rest of his team played defense.

I think I might go out and run a trapping press, let 1 of my players cherry pick and shoot the triple 70+ times in the game. Ill tell them to not pass to anyone else and just keep shooting all night. Then ill make a deal with the opposition coach to let my player do this so that both our teams can get famous and on the world sports scene for a few days.

Reply #388684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched the game the footage of the whole game is there, very very substandard game, no defence at all the NCAA would be cringing surely.

Reply #388735 | Report this post

Nix  
Years ago

How can a team create 49 Turnovers if they are playing no defence?

Reply #388737 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Its bs..the team is built to try and break the scoring record and its crap

Get this, there a D3 team playing a NAIA D2 team of a school that has 300 students in it.. its like there playing a game of pickup.

There whole goal is to try and get one player to hit as many shots as possible to break the record for the meda attention.. they'll full court press with 4 players while the designated scorer stays open for a pass if they score a turnover or a rebound(he won't even cross half way most of the time). They get the rebound they just lob it up the court for him to get a 3pt shot.. there are times he'll miss, his team mate gets a rebound completely open under the basket and instead of taking the easy lay up he'll throw it back to the scorer for another attempt. They'll sub in freshman to intentionally foul to speed up posessions and other stupid things like that.

Its a utter joke to be honest

Reply #388740 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Record is a total joke. Who would bother playing a school that treats a game like that. I honestly think something like this brings the game into disrepute much like match fixing.

Reply #388756 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

hence the 16 suited players!

where is the whole game footage available from- link please?

Reply #388783 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Found the link!

http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=Xkn_9h2gYJQ

Reply #388784 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Wow can't believe the coach would allow this kid to chuck up 71 shots from beyond the arc! I'm guessing this isn't a paid gig as head coach?? Wonder what his team-mates really think deep down....Still numbers don't lie, even if he did shoot it every 20secs.
Hope this doesn't mean all the Juniors this weekend will go out there and try to shoot it 50 times.

Reply #388794 | Report this post

Seriously?  
Years ago

This is just...I can't describe how terrible this is. Both sides seem to be cherry picking the entire game, but Faith Baptist misses open lay up after open lay up.

It's difficult to call what either side played here "basketball". I'd rather watch a close game of junior basketball in suburban Melbourne.

Reply #388802 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Faith Baptist really need to work on their fundamentals- i reckon an under 10 rep side would beat them!

Reply #388810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754