Anonymous
Years ago

Sack Marty chant today?

For those of us who stil go to games but fear for the long term viability of the club I feel we need to let our displeasure with management inaction be known.

I'm suggesting a "Bye bye Marty" chant. I'm guessing the best time to do it is during free throws when the music man can't drown it out and that way it will be heard on national tv.

Who's in?

Topic #30165 | Report this topic

SamCro  
Years ago

Can't we support the the 6ers as a whole? Whilst Marty has certainly polarising opinions amongst the 6ers faithful. The 6ers current record is 5 wins - 5 losses. If the 6ers peel off a 3 or 4 game winning streak from now will all be forgiven? Or is too late regardless of the 6ers record?

Reply #391130 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Not sure if the record is relevant at this time. It seems more to be the mismanagement of the product on the court, and the direction the coaching roster has decided to take.

Reply #391134 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

Marty has absolutely no regard for the fans. So let's show him the same courtesy.

Reply #391138 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Please do it guys. What is better though, "sack marty" or"bye bye marty"?

Reply #391143 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Get off this thread, Marty^^

Reply #391144 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

BYE BYE MARTY!!!!

Reply #391145 | Report this post

Tairy Hesticles  
Years ago

Take anti Marty signs in bags, and reveal them during the game.

Reply #391146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think as little of marty as most people here, but to chant whatever during the game...seems a lil stupid. Let the players get on with the game, its goin to be a tough one today.

And if you REALLY wanna get your opinion across to the man directly, head up to the appollo after the game and chant then, when he tries to do his post game interview.

That will get noticed...Leanne will be there too...

Reply #391149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't stand the guy but seriously how friggin immature and pointless is this thread and the people thinking of doing this.

Reply #391153 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed. Write a letter to the club if you want, but don't disrupt the players trying to do their thing.

Reply #391154 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

How about a 'We want CJ' chant?

Reply #391155 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

As a fan who will be at the game I ask please that no one chant anti Marty messages. We need to show a unified front to the rest of the league and support the team.

I want the team to win and it will be a challenge in itself for the team to beat Perth without the additional distraction. Anti Marty, chants or banners will do more harm than good and if you are truely a supporter of the team you will sacrifice your own agenda for the two hours. The players need our support.

If you really wish to get your message across to the management team do it by phone, email, fax, letter direct to the head office.

The players are good enough to get across the line but now more than ever they need to know that the fans will be there to lift them up everytime they go into action, regardless of however messed up things might be off the court.

Reply #391156 | Report this post

Tru blue Emcee  
Years ago

I do not approve of this chant bullshit either, i will boo anyone around me who starts chanting some bullshit...the game itself and letting the players play, is more important than any politics/opinions you wanna put across.

As Isaac said write a letter...don't fuck with the game...

Reply #391159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if we are going to lose, but c'mon, just support the team.

Reply #391160 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I am not a 6'ers fan.

Yet I am embarassed forthe team that supporters would chant to boot the head coach in front of the opposition team and a TV / Internet televised game for the Nation to see.

Please have some Class.

Reply #391161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wish I get to see this, it's probably a fair treatment for a douche of a coach....not the most classy thing to do but that's what Marty get for been a prick to others

Reply #391162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We all happy to see a club die by management inaction?

Yes this is a douche thing to do but the club is dying....desperate times call for desperate measures!!!

Reply #391163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It happens in sport all over the world - Benitez ain't been in 5 mins and already supporters want him out of Chelsea, so yeah boo Clarke

Reply #391166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe not a chant, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few posters around the place... or if it gets a bit quiet at the arena today for someone to yell out " HOW IS THAT 3 YEAR PLAN GOING FOR YA CLARKEY BOY" :)

Reply #391169 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

I don't support such a thing. But personally I gave up my 2 gold tickets this year purely because of our coach. The club need to know that, as I dare say others have done likewise.
The Sixers are no longer exciting and once Boti starts writing what he has this last week, then Marty's days are approaching an end. And thank goodness for that.

Reply #391170 | Report this post

meegygump  
Years ago

I cant remember a time that the club was at such odds. Marty must go but more importantly we should look at who hired him. The powers that be have a lot to answer for, its about time they listened to the actual people who have to sit through this B/S. Bring back CJ and let Weigh go back to wherever he came from, its embarrassing he is our captain and plays as minutes as he does. Bad assessment of talent..DAMN RIGHT!

Reply #391211 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Weigh isnt the captain

Reply #391217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't belive Marty still has a job. The game today was just more evidence showing that he doesn't have what it takes to win games. Up 10 points in the last quarter and he ends up losing. Lost the past 2 close games as well. 0-3 doesn't look good. I wouldn't be surprised if that run extends to 0-5 after Townsville and New Zealand.
Seriously when is this clown going to get axed!???

Reply #391230 | Report this post

Kmoney  
Years ago

now beyond any sort of joke, seriously ownership need this dealt with, anyone notice the crowds of late???? maybe 3k today......maybe

Reply #391237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just devo because by the time we finally see the end of Clarke we won't have the team we do now. If the players respect him that's fair enough, demote Clarke to the assistant role so he can still develop the kids.

It's obvious in a Sixers timeout on the telly that Clarke has no idea once the initial gameplan comes up short. It's great to train all week and prepare for your opponent but after the opposition gets a feel for the game and the opposing coach has tweaked his gameplan Clarkes Sixers are a joke.

Can I get a refund on the remaining games?

I'm serious

Also I heard Gibbo hasn't unpacked all his shit yet. Already looking for a new home is the rumor I've heard.

Reply #391246 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Why not boo the shit out of Marty? Maybe the management will pay attention then. Worked at Knicks for Isiah, why not 6ers? I'm pretty sure losing to Townsville is much more distracting than Marty getting shit after a lose, or end of game when we can't win... But don't go doing chant before game is lost at least...

Maybe chant "we want cj" or "we want Smyth" or "3 year plan"...

Thinking next game a sign saying...

Save
Our
Smyth

Reply #391248 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I've said as much about Marty as anyone but we didn't lose this game because of coaching today.

Reply #391249 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Oh, and let me know how writing a letter goes... What a joke...

Reply #391250 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Hey Ricey (and everyone else being negative) - not sure how writing a letter will go but I can tell you first hand how deserting a club because you disagree with decisions that some in that club make will go.

....and believe me having the only option to watch basketball live as a dodgy internet stream or travelling 3+ hours sucks in a big way!

Im 100% behind a change being made with the 6ers coaching and being made immediately but please dont cut of your nose to spite your face. The CLUB still needs as much support as it can get and holding them to ransom financially, when they are involved in a league where financial balance sheets are on a knifes edge is not a sensible option.

If you feel so passionate, seek out one of the ownership group and make your feelings known, hell I can do that from up here and I dont have any out of the ordinary contacts, but dont desert the club as a whole. Trust me by the time you realise its too late, it really will be too late and you will be left watching from afar and longing for what once was.

Reply #391291 | Report this post

TTIGER  
Years ago

Im not a 36ers fan but to write a post organising a sack the coach chant is disgraceful and un-Australian. What a low act.

and i thought the basketball fraternity were better than that....

Reply #391313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say it's resourceful in the face of inaction.....

Reply #391327 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

Only heard one guy yell out 'Sack the Coach' towards the end of OT. But sounded good to hear others feel the same way. Good for the goose, good for the gander I say

Reply #391335 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Much muttering in the stands today around me. Not happy with Clark.

Not a game day coach, unable to think on the fly.

Reply #391347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754