Mitch Creek done for the season

Topic #30251 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sheeeeeiiiiit

Reply #392470 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is such a shame. It looked like Clarke might actually start playing him. I wish him a speedy recovery.

As soon as Creek went down the Sixers should have fouled the Crocs. Instead we kept playing and let them have an open 3. That could have been the difference there.

Reply #392471 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

As a social player myself, that is sickening to see.

As a fan of basketball that is just terrible to see someone up and coming (and deserving a real chance to shine) suffer something like that.

Hopefully he can recover and come back hungrier than ever.

Is Creek contracted next year?

Reply #392473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke will probably cut him.

Reply #392474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was great sportsmanship by Ervin.

Reply #392475 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Marty will probably cut him? Pretty tasteless joke.

Reply #392477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was starting to play good bal until thi sickening injury happened,croswell got injured in same spot last season.we will need a swing man or a point guard now not in the new year!

Reply #392481 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I seem to remember he signed a 3 year deal, either 1 year with 2yr player option or team option.. Something like that? Although i'm about 5 rum and cokes deep right now so I could be getting him mixed up with someone else... Will have to look it up in the trusty spreadsheet.

Reply #392482 | Report this post

howto  
Years ago

Not an Adelaide fan, but that is so sad to see. He always shows something in his limited minutes - lots of energy and very athletic. Good luck to him in his recovery.

Reply #392484 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Ok, got it mixed up with someone else.

Creek is signed for 2012-13 and 2013-14. No options.

Reply #392485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn, Creek was playing an awesome game and this season was fast becoming my favourite player.

Good luck with the recovery Mitch, hope to see you back out there for the 36ers next season, your a superstar!

Reply #392489 | Report this post

Rybags  
Years ago

Clarke will probably cut him!

Classic

Reply #392495 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I was so keen on him tonight, was playing great doing the little thing and was the difference in us winning and losing tonight. Terrible to see a young bloke go down like that as it can change them forever. He should be starting I reckon, but hopefully next season with a change of coaching that will eventuate!

Reply #392524 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

This is a devastating week for Adelaide. :( Mitch Creek has had a good year and every time he gets on the court he had made an instant impact.

Sheeeeeiiiiit

My exact thoughts as well Anon.

Reply #392532 | Report this post

Hawkeye  
Years ago

JC resurection -lol

Reply #392539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ervin is a soft cock

Reply #392546 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Unfortunate injury for Creek & the Sixers, hope he recovers quickly.

Reply #392563 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Honestly, what was Ervin meant to do? How many times do you see in sports someone goes down with an injury and the play continues until there is a score or the ref calls a halt to the play? Ervin and the Crocs played to the whistle, as did the other four 36ers on court. Can't blame them for that. This isn't a pickup game between mates where if someone goes down like Creek did then almost everyone stops to help, its a professional sport with a lot more at stake.

Sure Ervin could have stopped immediately instead of going into his offense, but if anyone should have stopped it before the Crocs hit the 3 it was the refs, not Ervin.

Reply #392565 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

How can you blame the Crocs?

If you watch until the end of that clip you will see more Crocs players (and coach Woolpert) coming to his aid / checking he is OK than Adelaide guys.

Ervin actually places a towel under his head like a pillow!

How could you get better sportsmanship than that?

You would NEVER see that in Euroleague or the NBA.

Reply #392576 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

- "Clarke will probably cut him."
@Isaac - Not really a joke I'm sad to say as it wouldn't be the first time Clarke has cut and injured player. Remember Howard?

Reply #392585 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Terrible injury to a great guy. When he did it he was in heaps of pain. I am not an umpire but thought the umpires oculd have pulled up play given in was clearly in a lot of pain.

Massive loss to the team in the context of our season.

Reply #392591 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

In the case of an injury, play goes on unless the injured person is in a dangerous position on court. Sixers should have fouled if they wanted to stop play.

Reply #392592 | Report this post

nbl kings  
Years ago

thats so sad, and also, so close to the dunk comp and he would have been looking forward to it :(
poor guy, hope he heals up better!

Reply #392613 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Terrible injury. Really sad news, Mitch is a great guy.

Braswell was never the same after he ruptured his achilles, but he was like 32 when he did it.

Creek should be perfectly fine though because he is such an athlete and is just 20 years of age.

Let's just hope the 36ers take the very best care of him with rehab etc.

Reply #392614 | Report this post

Tairy Hesticles  
Years ago

Gary only saw Mitch Creek on the ground for a split second. He probably thought, "Oh, Mitch slipped over, what a tard.", he then took advantage of the situation not knowing the severity of Creeks fall.

After Ervin saw Creek was seriously injured, he made sure Mitch was comfortable gave him a pat on the head.

That's good sportsmanship.

I hope Mitch has a speedy recovery.

Reply #392620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tairy - Edited your post mate. Didnt want a spoiler in an unrelated game thread.

Reply #392621 | Report this post

Tairy Hesticles  
Years ago

No worries!

Reply #392626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marty will probably cut him? It would be funny if it wasn't soo serious. I could actually see Clark doing that.

Reply #392668 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Wish Mitch all the best for his recovery. Horrid injury and just when he was being given a go and relishing it.

Idiots making fun at his expense just grow up. Of course he will be put on injury waivers for the rest of the season. Talk of cutting him FFS how stupid can you get, not even funny.

Crocs coach was on the floor before the umps stopped play to help out. Great sportsmanship shown here and really appreciated.

Reply #392716 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754