Spursfan
Years ago

Sack Marty, Part 729

Sack him because they will lose this game. I just know it. 5.41 left in the game and up by only 8, another L for sixers

Topic #30347 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't even hold a 19 point lead. They are just a rudderless ship

Reply #394343 | Report this post

Going back  
Years ago

2 min to go and they are up 1 point
don't tell me they will lose another game after being up by 21 points.

this is laughable if it were not so disappointment

Regardless of the fact the team on the floor get the wobbles it comes back to the coaches being able to give the team some confidence in these situations surely?

Reply #394344 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

This is an outrage!

A 'Sack Marty' thread BEFORE the game is finished.

Mods please remove!

Reply #394346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now they are just a laughing stock of the nbl. Soon they will fold cos no one had the guts to say enough is enough. I've been a fan since the mid nineties and I'm saying enough

Reply #394347 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

He has to go, surely. This is a joke now, how many leads have we blown this season so far?

Reply #394350 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Must say that last quarter by Adelaide was an absolute mess, but did we expect anything else.

Marty really can't coach when the pressure is on. Either that or the players don't listen to his message.

Reply #394352 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

What about now Marcus?

Reply #394353 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

If you couldn't see that loss coming with 2 minutes to go, you weren't watching the same game I was.

Reply #394354 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

The boos after the full time buzzer really didn't go for long enough.

Reply #394355 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there didn't seem to be a lot of support for the 36ers even when they were up by 19. It feels, at least through the television set, that the Adelaide crowd believe for some reason that the NBL and the 36ers owe them these wins, and they shouldn't have any part in trying to get their team over the line. Thoughts?

Reply #394362 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

^That's not the topic of this conversation. get off my thread. make your own thread.

Reply #394364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with spursfan sack marty. would suck to be an adelaide fan you guys are shit

Reply #394367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ADELAIDE ARE A JOKE

Reply #394369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another potential win if they had Massingale lol. Could/probably would have won the last 3 if he was there. Could be the worst decision of the year so far. But hey they saved 20k for doing it lol. Just when things cannot get any worse, Marty somehow manages to play guys like Crosswell/Cadee big minutes for very little output. Imagine if CJ got 25 minutes a game!

Sad to see Adelaide have such an incompetant coach destroy the club.

Reply #394377 | Report this post

wildcat  
Years ago

How can the coach be at fault when the players on court can only manage 5 points. At some point the players need to take some of the heat.

Reply #394387 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

If they needed to save $20k on CJ, surely the only reason Marty is still there is to save money on the payout and hiring of interim coach.

Reply #394388 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

My guess is that people who wonder how the coach can be blamed, haven't played a sport while being coached by a crappy, uninspiring "coach". It does make a difference.

Reply #394389 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The coach is responsible for the strategy. What was the strategy tonight ?

Reply #394392 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Wasn't at the game but was watching the live scores and I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. It will be interesting to see what the 2nd half really looks like when I see the replay (currently we're up 21-14 with 40 left in the 1st).

How many turnovers in the 2nd half?? We had 18 to the Breakers 10 in the game. The Breakers scored more in the 3rd (19) than we did in the entire 2nd half (17). 5 points in the last period from a professional basketball team, are you kidding me??

Reply #394393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus Cambyyyyyyyyy........

Reply #394400 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I think they need a shrink not a coach. They are gone mentally. If they were golfers at least they could get a broomstick putter.

Reply #394402 | Report this post

Quincy  
Years ago

Played well in 1st half best I've seen all season,then second half was their worst for many years.Thats why NZ are top,they compliment well in their defence pressure,that won the game tonight ,Adelaide failed under pressure yet again......up by 20 something points at half time .poor effort by sixers tonight.

Reply #394403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 points in the last quarter. Is that a record low?

Reply #394405 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Quincy, thats because the Breakers have a coach who can make adjustments.

Reply #394406 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

...and Melbourne Boy hits the nail on the head. /thread

Reply #394409 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I think the relative lack of posts here kind of tells the story. People are just sick of this, massive lead drops and slow/bizarre subs. Its getting harder to care, you just almost expect to lose now.

Reply #394410 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it these days Josh...

Reply #394411 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

ive gotten over losing and watching the same crap by clarke. now its actually a joy to watch him drop games. if the club dont make changes, then ultimately who's fault is it?

I believe as supporters/members etc, that if clarke can give a recommendation to let go a player like CJ, then its in the members hands to force the club to let go the coach.

Failure to do that, and the boos and jeering continue. We pay $325/$375 to watch a season of basketball. If money is so flippent, then watch the members drop off again like last year.

Finally, if i decide to boo and jeer and call out 'sack marty clarke', thats my opinion and its valid because like other paying supporters, my opinion counts. If you're an NBL fan who loves the 36ers but doesnt go, then thats fine, but dont be-grudge us for choosing to not believe in a coach who loses games and is good at it

Reply #394412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disgraceful. Worst loss in the twenty years I have been going to games.

The last three losses are on the owners and not Marty or the players.

A complete lack of experience is showing big time.

If they had replaced Clarke instead of CJ things would be completely different.

Ultimately the owners make the decisions. They got this one horribly wrong.

Lets hope they finally act now so that we can salvage the rest of the season.

Reply #394415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely agree eli1, well said and I agree you should not feel ashamed for booing clarke. He deserves every last bit of it.

Reply #394416 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

If they don't get rid of this prick the club will lose all respect from the basketball community. No strategy, shit rotations and no concept of how to finish off a game. 21 point half time lead and NZ adjusted their game, but that useless prick Clarke could not counter. Good crowd there trying to show some support and guts from the players, but without direction from our great coach

Reply #394418 | Report this post

Jemson3  
Years ago

Marty should write a book
Title - 101 ways to lose a basketball game-

Reply #394421 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Agreed. The only thing lower than his win percentage is the percentage of support he receives in a typical thread like this.

Reply #394422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does the NBL have the live betting like the AFL where the odds change during the game?

Maybe Clarke and Radford trying to earn a little more money before their respective NBL careers end forever.

I wouldn't even let either of them near a Central ABL team if they were willing to coach for free.

Reply #394423 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's not disappointing seeing them lose anymore. You can't be disappointed with something you expect.
It's somewhere between infuriating, laughable and disgraceful.
There was a play early in the last quarter where we bounced it around for the full 24 seconds, then jacked up a shot. There was no movement, no offense, they were purely just running down the clock. I knew at this point, without a shadow of a doubt, that we were going to lose. We were 12 points up at this point.
You see the same thing unfold every single game. You don't know whether to laugh, cry, boo, yell, or just get up and leave.
I used to absolutely love going to watch the Sixers play. It was the highlight of my week and I would never miss a game regardless of whatever I had on. In the last couple of seasons, we have given away our season tickets and progressively gone to games less and less. In the last couple of months, I've been looking for excuses to not go to a game. The only reason I went tonight was for the $10 ticket. I will now not go to another Sixers game this season. I refuse to pay money to see these guys, coached by those guys.

Reply #394426 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I've said enough about this coach. I am officially exercising my right to say not another word. After all, my comments are only a drop in the ocean amongst all the others. Keep up the good work everyone. it should guarantee us a change of coaches next season. I just hope we don't lose half our team.

Reply #394428 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

https://www.change.org/petitions/to-the-management-of-the-adelaide-36ers-remove-marty-clarke-and-mark-radford-as-coaches-from-the-adelaide-36ers

Reply #394429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those keepin count... Marty Clarke and his 36ers haven't won a game since releasing Cj Massingale including tonight's new all time low. After being up at HOME by 21 against new Zealand, they got outscored 24-5 in the final quarter to lose by 5. That's not a typo, the 36ers scored five (5) points in a quarter of professional basketball. The head coach of this team had the SEABL's most prolific scorer over the past decade on his roster 5 weeks ago and used him once more than 15mins in one game. The result: his team won a game thanks to CJ's 15 final quarter points. Instead of maybe building on these minutes and seeing what CJ could do in future games, Marty sacked him. I don't even know what else to say? How this guy has a job is a blight on Australian basketball.

Reply #394442 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

#442 what a great post! Is anybody from SOS listening here? What are you waitin for?

Reply #394449 | Report this post

Quincy  
Years ago

Time for coaching change now!!!!!!
Not at the end of the season!!!!!

Reply #394452 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Just finished watching on One HD.

Gaze is correct - that was hard to watch; like a car accident.

This club is in all sorts.

Reply #394455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke is great at drawing up X's and O's on that white board of his

Reply #394462 | Report this post

tropix  
Years ago

maybe marty will be fighting a bear at half time next week to pay that guy and help with attendances?

Reply #394465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish they would do post game interviews on TV...love to see how a coach can explain this, and if the players were interviewed, might give us some insight into their mental stability. We may need to determine if it safe for them to be left alone or checked into a physiatric hospital

Reply #394474 | Report this post

Jemson3  
Years ago

Sack Marty and get Joey wright we have all the blaze players anyway and he knows how to win

Reply #394480 | Report this post

Air-T 18  
Years ago

Please one of the former 36ers like Brooks or Sapwell, volunteer to coach the side for the remainder of the season so we can pay out Clarke and Radford, for the good of the club, the coach couldn't run Davis out of town who is the 36ers, the club is bigger than the coach

Reply #394486 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I don't want to mention how much shit I have copped over the last 2yrs saying he had to go ;)

Reply #394490 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was watching the delayed telecast with a friend. They said that if Adelaide were up 15+, it'd be OK. Up 10-14 and NZ would get them. We were up 14. Lost. Could see it coming that entire last quarter and the fear grew in the team. Hudson has killed us before as well, when he was with the Blaze.

Reply #394493 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I think we need cooler heads right now.

I get that everyone is emotonal...

Thats why in the game thread I suggested people go watch the game again (when calm) and then come back.

You will see where the players made significant mistakes that the coach can teach and coach and lecturer but the players still make mistakes.

1) Post entry passes were woeful.

I am sure Clarke and Radford did not teach entry passes like that.

2) Full court pressure.

Cadee made a cross court pass to a team mate guarded closely by Jackson???

3) Inability to block out.

ADL had a HUGE rebound advantage at half time, at games end it was 41 each. How is Boucher able to keep the ball alive against DJ and Schensh?

Marty is not faultless.

I can accept that this is a failing at all levels of the 6ers team.

I CANNOT accept that this is 100% on Marty / Mark.

Reply #394528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I loved how the home crowd boo'd their OWN players and team. LOL.

Clarke should go. New coach should re-sign CJ. 36ERS MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS.

Reply #394531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just got to a computer then Marty errrr Marcus. Blinded sided and stubborn just like the coaching staff

Reply #394542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can recruit all the talent in the world, you can talk about 3 year plans and you can hide behind close losses all you want. Fact is this guy finds a new way to lose every week. Missed free throws one week, 5 point close out quarters the next. The talent is there, it showed tremendously in the first half. Schenscher finally given oppourtunity to produce where he likes to get the ball, (like all 7'1 guys down low) did great things, and has me asking why not utilise him before this game? He isnt a decoy player, and by dominating so well has really just emabarrassed Clarke and Radford further. Stubborn unimaginative coaches dont win at this level. RIP Adelaide 36ers 2012/13.

Reply #394551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the players are still happy and backing how great it is to play for Clarke and Radford at this point, Ill demand a lie detector test.

Last night was a truly sad visual of everything Clarke and Radford have created in this great basketball state.

Reply #394553 | Report this post

MAGICMIKE  
Years ago

The import for NZ is quality and made the difference in the end with creativity, but Johnson taking three point shots at the end? You have got to be joking?
Wide open shots but no rebounders?
No Brains

Reply #394562 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

I have to agree with what Marcus Camby has said above, especially those three incidents. A post entry pass from Gibbo into Luke was absolutely horrible for a National pg. But I also saw Luke try and make a cross keyway pass under pressure which was ugly and Caddee's pass across court was not on and to be honest the blocking out on the defensive end in that last quarter was atrocious!!!
The main culprit for not blocking out was DJ and you could see the frustration on Gibbo's face. But Marty made the right move by taking him off with 5 minutes to go.
But a lot of these things come from structures which goes back to the coach.
Never try and make a low post pass from the top of the key.
Have better options for Luke to pass to from the low block.
Have structures in place when a full court trap is being put on, shit you get taught that in under 14's!!!
And boxing out again is taught in juniors, it's about desire and wanting to do it.
I personally get frustrated watching DJ play, almost always have. But go back to the start of the season and watch some of DJ's games early on, he boxed out and went after rebounds like a Vukona...ok maybe not quite like Mika, maybe Boucher....ok maybe not like Boucher, maybe Pledger, but he did box out and he rebounded.
That has gone. And that goes back to the coaches teaching him good habits.
The team right now are like someone said earlier, a ship without a rudder.
At half time I said to myself I wouldn't be surprised if they lost this.
There is no c*@t in this team. No personality, no character what so ever. They have all been turned into emotionless robot's.
The only player's that show any type of emotion are Creek and Petrie and Creek is gone and Petrie players nowhere near as many minutes as he should.
Any player that shows emotion is gone, just ask Holmes and Simpson.
Was such a good decision not to renew my season ticket this season.
Rant over!

Reply #394563 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Heard Avery Johnson is available

Reply #394575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the club isnt prepared to pay Massingale 20k to finish the season (and make playoffs) then it is not going to pay Johnson his asking price.

I dont support the 36ers but the team is up crap Creek (pun intended).

Reply #394581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thread of the year. Posted with 6 minutes to go up 8 and it proves spot on.

And most of the crowd were thinking the same thing!

Apart from the owners who were sitting there thinking "good thing we stuck by Marty".

NZ were terrible last night. Biggest choke I have seen.

Andrew Gaze didn't know what to say. Even the great one struggled to remain politically correct!

Reply #394593 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's nice that Marcus Camby is so loyal to Marty. It is the loyalty that Malfoy showed Voldemort and almost as much as Goering and Himmler.

There are two sayings that come to mind.
"A bad tradesman blames his tools"
"There are no such things as bad soldiers, just bad generals"

The Sixers had an excellent first half. Probably the best basketball they have played for years. BUT, when the game style of the Breakers changed, the style of the Sixers remained the same.

The players will only play to what they are told. If they are not executing the plan, then they should be dragged and someone else put on (responsibility of the coach). If they are not finishing off well, maybe they need a short break or time out and some motivation to get them going (responsibility of the coach). If they are tired because they have been on court too long, give them a sub, or make sure the rotations are such that it doesn't happen (responsibility of the coach) If they can't handle pressure situations, then that's what you practice (responsibility of the coach)

The coach needs to understand the strengths and weaknesses of his team and the opponent's team. Make a plan to exploit his strengths and magnify the opponent's weaknesses. When your opposite number makes a move that is not in your plan, your plan is adjusted to make amends to counterattack.

Coaching is about two key areas.
1. Skills transfer/development
2. Strategy

Reply #394604 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Marcus, couldn't have said it better myself.

Why is there no praise for Marty / Mark when we win? It's the players won etc, but the coaches lost.

Maybe fans should go and ask the players what they think? A new coach and we could see an exodus of players come end of the season.

Reply #394607 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"A new coach and we could see an exodus of players come end of the season."

and the worst result of that would be a bad season but hold on we have just had 3 pathetic seasons by Clarke!

The players are professionals, well I hope they are anyway. The players that are contracted for next season will have to play. The players that are free agents well that is their decision and if they don't want to be here that is fine we will get other players and a decent coach. Players will have to actually earn their minutes! Also the teams success with a new coach can only go up from here. I don't think its possible to get any worse.

To say the players might leave is weak scare tactics to endorse the worst coach in the Sixers history and up there with the worst coach in the NBL's history.

Reply #394610 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Why is there no praise for Marty / Mark when we win?

To be fair we're 22-46 under Marty/Mark, not very many wins in the first place to praise them.

Reply #394611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bizzy you are too close to the action. I seem to recall that you were very critical of the 36ers back in the day. Critical during a period we were far more successful than today.

Now that you do some work for the 36ers and all of a sudden you are trumpeting crapy propaganda.

Mass exodus? There had been mass casualties every year of Clarke's reign.

Name me a Kobe Bryant we can't afford to lose if we were to get rid of Clarke?

Not one member of this roster can't be replaced.

Clarke won't coach again in the NBL. The players will have to quit NBL and play SEABL if they want to follow Clarke.

Losing players is not a risk worthy of keeping Clarke.

There are only 8 teams in the NBL. It is not a players market so cut your uneducated pro Clarke propaganda.

If anything there is more chance of retaining players if you make the change now. For example if you appointed Brooks and Sapwell and they actually run plays for Weigh then even a Weigh disciple might be persuaded to stay with Adelaide.

The only three players I would hate to lose are Schenscher, Petrie and Gibson. I seriously doubt we would lose any of them if Clarke was sacked.

Would you cry if we lost Cadee, Weigh, DJ?

Reply #394612 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Agreed KJ. I'd also add that it is a much simpler task to replace a couple of disgruntled players than it is to replace two thousand alienated supporters.

Reply #394614 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bizzy, I think in year 1 there was quite a lot of praise for Marty. The Sixers are the bogey side of Perth and there has been praise for Radford in that area.

Reply #394615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you (anon) think any owners are enjoying these results, you are insane. Massive pressure on the club.

Reply #394629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is suggesting the owners are enjoying the results. I'm just saying they are accountable due to their inaction re sacking Clarke.

Reply #394636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is suggesting the owners are enjoying the results. I'm just saying they are accountable due to their inaction re sacking Clarke.

Reply #394637 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Jack Toft...to be clear I have no affiliation with Marty, nor does Marty 'know' my mother.

I have always advocated a broad autopsy of the result, not just on the coach.

Its too easy to just say its the coach, conversely, I would never say its all Gibbo's / DJ's / Cadee's fault. There are several incidents / factors that contributed to the result last night.

Lets learn from it, and move forwards and onwards.

We know this team is good enough.

TSV next...there is no way the 6ers can lose thrice to the Crox.

Carn...Marty and Team.

Reply #394642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon if you watch the body language of the players during games, especially when leads start to slide and then after the recent inevitable losses you'll get a true indication of their feelings/frustration with the coaching. Marty may be a good AIS coach but the only thing he's been inspiring lately is many long term 36er fans to not want to attend games.

Reply #394643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop playing games Marty.

No one is saying it is "100 percent" Marty's fault.

Most are simply stating that we would be better served with another coach.

Reply #394644 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Marcus, I think we all admire your devotion to Martin.

You don't happen to be a VHS salesman?

Reply #394663 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Jack...I'm terrible @ sales.

I couldn't sell water to a dying man in the desert.

Reply #394686 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

But thats the problem marcus marty doesn't learn from his mistakes cos' he doesn't think he makes mistakes. How can we go onwards and upwards doing the same thing every game any sane person realises you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. We were only 3 points down with about a minute to go how hard is it to draw up a play to inbound the ball at near the half way line set up a screen for a three point shot have a couple of rebounders around the basket in case it missed maybe for a lay up or kick it back out to the three point line if enough time or open player. It might not have worked but it would have had a better chance of working than dribbling the ball around for 20secs and putting up a heavily contested shot which is what happened NZ got the ball and next thing we know we are 5 points down.

Reply #394690 | Report this post

Hawkeye  
Years ago

I had a conversation with a good friend from Whyalla when they played the Hawks in Wollongong a few years ago.
We discussed that Coaching is 3 qtrs Technical/training, but the key qtr ingredient is generating the belief in oneself , the team and the system.
The coach has to inspire 99% of players in 1 or all of these beliefs, unless the individual is very unique.

What I had seen of the Coach Clarke back then did not provide any evidence of having that final part and the team structure seemed aimless.
Note: This was in his first year, my friend said they had a three year plan etc.
So I said well good luck but I could not see how he was going to change.
Duly noted noted that Beverage was struggling in his first few years in the NBL , coming from coaching juniors/young men to having grown men to coach/manage.

year or so later - have not seen any change or 3 year plan improvement.

Change is necessary, so given the players have been chopped and changed with the same results as the out come. then the next step is the coach.

SOS are still learning their role in this great team and sport realm, hopefully they will listen at least to the fans. $$ permitting.

The Hawks nearly disappeared, so I would be the first to say keep the coach if it means no team next year if you get rid of him.

Maybe you need 500 -1000 individuals becoming the new owners each putting in $5000.

Anyway good luck with your new import -The last role of the dice.

Reply #394699 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Marty now. Get Brett Maher and Phil Smyth til the end of the season.

Reply #394726 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I LOVE the "mass exodus of players" thing pro-Marty's are using. I wouldn't care if most of the team walked to tell you the truth. Maybe Luke, Gibson and Drew can stay, but even if those 3 walked I would not shed a tear, especially Gibson.

Reply #394732 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Speed44...Gibbo is your clutch player, your toughest defender and your go to man.

You let him go and next year you'll be yelling 'Sack ' for letting Gibbo walk.

BTW...I am not one of those people who believe an Mass exodus would happen.

Reply #394739 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Marcus, for the same money Gibson is probably on we could probably get Ervin or an import point guard who could offer similar.

I would like Gibson to stay but if he decides to leave due to the fact that his heart is broken that they let his beloved coach Clarke go, then that is fine with me. Having said that I think Gibson has the opportunity to play a number of years here and the chance, if he has the motivation, to be considered one of the best that played here. However, that goal is up to him but if he sits back and coast then his career will fizzle out. A new coach will give him the chance and motivation to prove him self and show how talented he really is.

Reply #394747 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Is it a coach thing when our last 2 coaches plus the end of Smyth era haven't produced results?

Reply #394791 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Bizzy, are you subtly pointing at the elephant in the room, the one with $$ painted on its skin and masking the big brown bags presumably filled with money.

The club needs a new CEO, Phil Harper might be worth a punt and he apparently has some experience coming up with creative solutions to salary cap constraints.

Reply #394800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ninnis at least made the playoffs in '09, Marty's best finish is 2nd to bottom.

Reply #394823 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

KingJames...

Yes...for Gibbos money you can find the next Ervin, the next Tywain McKey, even the next Cedric Jackson.

Two issues however come to mind.

1) 'Bird in the hand' scenario.

You need to find these gun imports first, and as you know, its a crapshoot. Money (Gibbo's money) doesn't always find the best imports.

On the other hand, you have an Olympian who is a top 3 defender in the league, a go-to guy who WANTS the ball when the chips are down and is clutch.

Gibbo is here now, he is investment in the team as well as his head coach and he wants to win.

2) Keeping the imports.

Finding good imports is hard enoug, keeping them within the NBL caps is a whole different challenge.

Apart from Lisch, are there any gun imports who have stayed MORE than 2 years?

Again...Gibbo is more likely to stay.

Of course I am looking longer term and lower risk, with potentially lower returns.

You can of course hit the jackpot like Gordie did with Twywain in 2010.

Reply #394831 | Report this post

Kmoney  
Years ago

i say anyone single coach from anywhere could do better with this team.

Reply #394863 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Even the u12 boys Woodville coach?

Reply #394866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not the guy in the red suit - ever seen him coach Woodville U23s??

Reply #395004 | Report this post

..?..  
Years ago

Times like these we need a super hero to believe WHwere is the guy in the red suit . Think blokes call him SPICEY if my hearing is right

Reply #395297 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754