Earlier this year
R16: Sixers @ Tigers
Last time they met Johhny Flynn "caught fire" and embarrassed the Sixers with a welcome to the NBL.
Since that time the Sixers have seen light at the end of the tunnel, only for it to be a freight train coming the other way, usually a Townsville train.
A much needed win for the Sixers was achieved taking the pressure off the team, but this is a game that they must win if they still have any hope of sneaking into the top 4. The Sixers are bottom at the moment, but are on 6 wins with 3 other teams, one being Mebourne.
There's a few things going for the Sixers in this game and with Luke back, there's a real chance that the Sixers will get the win. BUT, for that to happen, some pretty simple things need to happen IMO.
1. Johhny Flynn. A fire extinguisher is needed. Tom Daly would be perfect.
2. Get to the basket. Stop fluffing around like a chick in a fashion shop. Be aggressive in the key and slam that rock in the bucket.
3. Defence. The zone D seems to be working, so maybe that is the best D structure for this team.
4. Timeouts. For crying out aloud! If the team hasn't scored for 4 minutes of play and is looking goofy, call a time out to get the ship back on track.
5. 4 Quarters. The Sixers go into the half time break IN FRONT in a majority of games, yet the 3rd Quarter is the "choke quarter" and the 4th Quarter they run out of steam at times. What strategy has been effected to ensure this doesn't happen this game?
Bottom line. Sixers should win