Doddobird
Years ago

Chris Burgess & High School Draft

Draft article on ESPN.com

He's not alone. I wonder what Chris Burgess is thinking right now.

Two years after Kevin Garnett made waves by being picked fifth overall by the Minnesota Timberwolves (and a year after Kobe Bryant was picked 13th overall by Charlotte before being dealt to the Lakers), Burgess was, by some accounts, the best high school player in the country.

Ultimately, he signed at Duke, along with two other very well-regarded big men  Elton Brand and Shane Battier. While those two flourished, Burgess regressed offensively, eventually transferring to Utah to finish what was a decent but disappointing five years in college.

full article
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/columns/story?id=2063740

Topic #3109 | Report this topic

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

First time I read this, I didn't even relaise they were talking about the Cairns Centre.

Now I know why he didn't nominate for the Draft straight out of High School, he's white!

Reply #35737 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754