Anonymous
Years ago

NCAA Peter hooley albany

How far away would Peter hooley be from possibly being a potential nba draftee in the next few years?

Peter scored 13 points against duke today and has been playing quite well for Albany and is now getting some worldwide exposure.

What other Aussies would be coming close as well?

Everyone knows Dante exam is a potential lottery pick in years to come but do we have any others?

Topic #31227 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not even close. If he continues to develop he may push for a starting spot at NBL level down the track, but to suggest him for NBA is a little over the top.

Reply #410580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol lol lol

NBL spot at best

Reply #410583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL benchie who will do well at ABA level is probably his ceiling.

Reply #410588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dreamer

Reply #410592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peter Hooley and nba should never be mentioned in the same sentence!! The fact that it was even mentioned is laughable!!!!

Reply #410595 | Report this post

Bg04  
Years ago

Great to see some proud supportive couch critics support our local talent!

Reply #410598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bg04, nobody is doubting his ability. Great young man and a great basketballer. All of the above posters are right though. Peter is nowhere near NBA ability.

I love it when all the people who really have no clue start using the old couch critic line. I guess it's much easier to do that than make an effort to actually understand the game.

Reply #410599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not even close to NBA, NBL bench player at best. He couldnt even make Norwoods ABL team.

Reply #410604 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Hooley couldn't even make Norwood's ABL squad as a teenager? Wow, talk about overrated...

The NBA is a long way off, but having played against Pete I'd expect he'll forge a solid NBL career.

Reply #410626 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

He's already taken a step up since going to Albany. If he continues to improve and his numbers go up as expected each season, I don't see why he couldn't be a very solid NBL player. NBA, not likely, but we've seen crazier things happen

Reply #410627 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I second your thoughts PlaymakerMo and for similar reasons.

I think if he continues to improve at Albany, there's no reason why he couldn't return to the NBL and be the kind of player that Ben Madgen is now. If I was the 36ers I'd be giving him a few hello's as he continues to forge out a solid collegiate career. The last thing we need is more great SA talent slipping through the fingers. Sure it's a few years down the track, but the contact needs to start now.

Reply #410733 | Report this post

believer  
Years ago

I think his NBA comp would be JR smith... Crazy athletic with a sweet J.. Lets just hope he has better shot selection though! LOL

Reply #410734 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I don't think he's that athletic to be compared to JR Smith. He has a strong body and gets to the hoop decently well. Combined with good athleticism and a confident shot and the Madgen comparisons are pretty spot on IMO.

Reply #410741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no idea... these guys have no idea

Reply #410754 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

lol

Reply #521400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both hooley and s.rowley to Nbl.

The only players at college level that I think have a slim chance of Getting an nba invite are jois as a sf/pf, drmic as a sg and greenwood as a backup pg.

Reply #521403 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 am, Sat 21 Sep 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754