NBLfollower
Last year

stats on NBL website

What would you expect to find when you click on stats on the official NBL page and select team stats?

I expected that I would see team shooting percentages, average turnovers and most fouls per game.

Instead they have home wins and losses and other numbers pulled directly from the ladder page including total points for and against which means nothing when no-one plays the same amount of games.

I find it really odd to have this featured.

Topic #51464 | Report this topic

KET  
Last year

Have you looked at NBL+?

A lot better stats there

Reply #927672 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Last year

Spatial Jam (https://spatialjam.com/nbl-historical-stats) has the sorts of stats I expect. It also allows you to drill down and resort data in different ways to focus on things of interest. e.g., see how the first 7 games compares with the next 7, see stats for each team member ranked by minutes per game etc.

Reply #927696 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

The NBL runs on the smell of an oily rag, don't you know? They can’t afford a modern professional website with analytics. LOL

Reply #927707 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

LK or no LK one constant has been that the NBL website sucks.

Reply #927757 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

The stats are good on nbl plus are decent.

The website generally is unusable - have to use the app, no choice.

Reply #927763 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

NBL+ = app?

Reply #927765 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The NBL+ page on NBL.com.au results in a 404 error. Classic.

Reply #927766 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754