Years ago

Mitch Creek Re-Signs With Adelaide

Awesome news. Announced via facebook.

Source:
http://www.adelaide36ers.com/article/id/rpbqh7nz2krj1q82d3ssqcn3h

Topic #31489 | Report this topic

meo  
Years ago

So is the beanie the new red knitted jacket?

Reply #415276 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Great news - he's got huge potential. Hope comeback from the injury is incident free.

Reply #415277 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great news, he is going to be one hell of a player when he figures it all out. Under a coach with a more aggressive plan he could make some pretty quick strides too, reports are he is flying in his recovery.

Reply #415280 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Keen to see what Mitch can do under a new coach.

Reply #415281 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Was always going to re-sign no other club was really talking to him due to his recent injury!

Reply #415282 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Fantastic news. Future Captain in the making.

Reply #415283 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Is it only a one year deal though???

Reply #415286 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

He has taken his 2nd year player option on the 2 year deal he signed last year.

Reply #415288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im keen to see what Mitch can do under an ACTUAL coach and assistant. Still so bitter over how bad Clarke and Radford directed this club. But this is a great start to turning things around. Well done. Solid Imports to go with our big including a healthy Schenscher will make all the difference.

Reply #415291 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Tiger Watcher, FA doesnt start until Monday...probably why no other club had spoken to him yet?!

Reply #415296 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@Tornado..Keep living under that rock and thinking that the feelers aren't out before the FA period!

Reply #415297 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Is Weigh unlikely to return then? You would have to think Mitch would have to eventually develop into a starter.

Reply #415299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome news, if we can keep Gibson will be even better, need a import sg who can shoot and Cadee off the bench. Target A Warren, currently playing NZ, did fairly well in Cairns. If we can get someone like Ervin or Lisch into that sg spot even better, but Warren probably more in our price range if Gibson stays.

If cant keep Gibson sign a star import ala Lisch, Ervin.

Then try and keep Weigh, at the right price, id find him around 20 mins off the bench backing up sf/pf, or could be starting PF even, a stretch 4, a shooter to play alongside Schenscher. Creek needs to start SF for me. Again if we cant keep him sign an import.

Leaves us in a strong position, to have a very good 8 man rotation, then simply retain Pero, replace Crosswell with Daly. If we keep both Weigh and Gibson we would only need to start with 1 import.

Best case we would have a team of

C Schenscher/Johnson
PF Petrie/Pero
SF Creek/Weigh
SG Warren/Daly
PG Gibson/Cadee

If we cant keep Gibson or Weigh replace with 2nd import, basically if we can keep atleast 1 of them we will have a strong team, if we lose both not disastrous, sign a stud import and the best Aussie we can get with whats left.

Exciting times ahead, will be interesting to see who we get as coach, all candidates look good to me, and if Gibson and Weigh stick around!

Reply #415300 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I understand that phone calls etc are made prior to the commencement of FA but I think you could be a little presumptious claiming that no one had done so.

To use another rock analogy, those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Reply #415301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see why everyone wants pero back surely there are better younger options out there

Reply #415304 | Report this post

I think you can assume now that after Mitch signing on, Weigh would be out of here.... at best, he might sign on for a one year extension.

Reply #415306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well not fussed re Pero, needs to be someone who fits in with the group and is happy to be the 10th man ie not get much court time. Pero apparently fits this bill, is also experienced if one of our bigs goes down and has a bit of a different skill set.

Could easily give it to someone else at the same time, its the 10th man spot, so not a big deal.

Reply #415307 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Creek had an option so I doubt it was a matter of preference between the two. No reason why they couldn't co exist, but Creek would be expecting more minutes.

And the fouls write up suggests Weigh is exploring other options.

Reply #415308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After some of his comments on the clubs FB page he would have looked a hypocrite if he left. But seriously coming back from an achilles and being someone who relies heavily on jumping/athleticism I doubt there would have been bigger/similar offers out there. Hopefully he returns near 100% and finally reaches the potential he showed in his early games as a Sixer and the last couple before his injury.

Reply #415321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to hear! Im not sure why people are so certain that he would start over Weigh though (if they both returned). Weigh is certainly a whipping boy, but its only because of expectations and the amount of minutes he had to play (we had no other wings), he's still a very capable starter. Especially with Creek returning from injury.

Hopefully this also sets a standard for Gibson to follow.

Reply #415328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way would Creek start over Weigh, throw in the fact he'll probably miss the first half of next season too.

Reply #415333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the townsville situation, every player will be looking to a cement a playing spot for next year, as soon as possible, without being picky.

There's always someone left standing at the end of musical chairs.

Reply #415336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek could miss games early on and is recovering from injury would make sense to bring him off bench behind weigh or import. If Gibson stays 36ers could look like this,
Starters:
Gibson
import
Weigh
Petrie
Johnson

Bench:
Daly
Cadee
Creek
(rookie)
Schenscher

Reply #415337 | Report this post

Pie cart  
Years ago

Great news for Mitch ,unfortunate injury last season hope he will be better on his return ,I was sad to see Mitch break down same spot as croswell etc.but am glad the youngster continues his commitment in Adelaide ,if he calls me I will say my congratulations and don't rush back too soon.

Reply #415346 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Hope he finally plays to potential he shows and maybe finds a jump shot .
But with a top coach we might see him flourish .
Think could be a better alternative long term than spending $ to keep Weigh.

Reply #415394 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Mitch only looks good in the warm up. Will be going early again next season.

Reply #415407 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

No reason for Weigh to leave with Creek resigning. Weigh played better and became more of an impact when he had less minutes. Weigh and Creek can share minutes and both become high impact players, reward the one who is playing better with the starting role.

Reply #415409 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think passing on Weigh will allow the club to get a decent import and add a bit more firepower to the team. Creek is capable of handling starters minutes.

If Gibson leaves though and Adelaide get an import guard I think Weigh could be worth keeping to play minutes at 3 and 4.

Reply #415411 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Creek seemed eager to use the minutes (15)
Weigh 32minutes . Most likely about the same in even minutes.

Reply #415415 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Creek and Weigh have different styles and any coach with half a brain would be salivating at having both in their team. Under situation X you'ld throw Creeky out, situation Y, the Isa Lad would have a go.

Reply #415419 | Report this post

Roger Murdoch  
Years ago

Not sure how much of Creek we will see next year. Achilles is a 9 to 12 month injury isn't it. Great news but a bit worried how injury affects him in the future.

Reply #415469 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

The media release said he was on track to suit up for round 1?!

Reply #415473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think passing on Weigh will allow the club to get a decent import and add a bit more firepower to the team. Creek is capable of handling starters minutes.

If Gibson leaves though and Adelaide get an import guard I think Weigh could be worth keeping to play minutes at 3 and 4.
+1 from me on that.

Reply #415478 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

+ 1 from me also.

It should be get one of those guys and an import. NOT both of those guys.

Reply #415479 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

From what I read in Boti's article this morning, Mitch re-signing wasn't really in much doubt. Its great to see loyalty still lives in today's professional sporting world.

Reply #415818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754