Jack Toft
Years ago

R7 ABL Action

Rockets - Tigers
Women: Big game for the Tigeresses. Rockettes hotter than a Hawaiin volcano in volcano season. A sacrifice might help, but there's no way to sugar coat this. Rockettes by about 40.
Men: Why is it that the Peach is the only player listed on the Rockets website with his middle name? I bet that’s something his mum’s shouted from the backdoor many a time, usually followed by "wait until your father get’s home" Tigers with a valiant effort last round will push the Rockets all the way and my little result calculator says the Tigers by 5, but I have a feeling the Peach will be the party pooper. Sometimes you just gotta put the stones on the line. Tigers.

Panthers – Flames
Women: If last week was a Lionhunt, then the big cat adventures continue this week as Pritchard’s predators pounce perfectly to pacify, placate and prevail over the Panthers.
Men: Flames racing up the ladder will sparkle tonight. South could get up, then again so could Julia in September. Norwood’s fight will ensure a top 5 spot. You know Marion always looks bigger on the inside.

Sabres – Warriors
Women: On paper a Sabres victory should be as certain as a Waterhouse trained horse. BUT, when the form guide is studied closer, the only thing that is really holding the fillies from the working class burbs back is their woeful shooting %. Both teams have put up exactly 434 FG’s so far this season with the Sabres banging down 169 of them to a paultry 132 for the Woodies girls. Good shooting could see them more joyous than their more fancied opponents, otherwise Sabres to easily pull away in the final stretch.
Men: The Ninja returns to Pasadena tonight. Everyone’s a Warrior’s fan these days. And why not? they’re as cool as Commander Hadfield and bow ties. How many Woodville teams can say they have beaten Sturt at Pasandena? This one can.

Lions – Bearcats
Women: I was a bit devvo when I heard that Jess and Dessie have quit Westies. I was looking forward to this game. Now it’s just another game. Westies to keep KB’s drought going. Time for a VB KB.
Men: After a great start, the Lions have lost their last 2. Better make that 3 in a row after DJ runs riot - he won’t have time to tuck himself in tonight. Veni, vidi, vici to Belly’s boys.

Eagles – Mavericks
Women: Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company, and to Wayville for a great game of basketball. Yep, not even a leaking roof can stop Tess from embarassing the Eagles on their home court. Mavs by single digits in what is the MOTR, maybe the year’s MOTR so far this year.
Men: Nothing sucks more than that moment during a game when you realize you’re gunna lose. It’s even worse when that moment is when the orange nugget is first thrown in the air. If the Feagles don’t bag this one they don’t deserve to be in the top 5. If the Feagles start saying “exterminate”, just run.

Topic #31681 | Report this topic

Old Timer  
Years ago

DJ not playing this week....

Reply #419004 | Report this post

music maestro  
Years ago

tess hands down halls winner this year.

will she ever play o/s ?

Reply #419006 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

SO far only 1 team has managed to stop Tess and that was Norwood and it took a combination of 3 good defensive players to effectively do that. Jess Foley, Rebecca Duke and Cara Boothey played a 3 person defensive structure, help defense, switching off screens, contesting every shot.

Eastern has shown that you cannot play 1 on 1 with Tess as she will tear you apart, yet if you play 2 on her she will hit the open player.

Reply #419043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where too for Jess & Des?

Reply #419048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh, so that's all you need to do to stop Tess?? I dare say using that theory, most teams would be vey unsuccessful as she knows how to distribute the ball better than anyone. 3 person defensive structure hey??

Reply #419056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jess and dess gone to New Zealand!!!

Reply #419058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they probably played very good teammD, which is what Norwood do.

Reply #419074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals women gave West hell of a scare they won the first 3 quarters, wheels fell off under pressure and West won ...men come on down Kyle Miller who shot the lights out and to West men for dummy spitting. Centrals men in the upset.

Reply #419338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville women were lucky to win, very poor shooting.

Reply #419345 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Centrals men only won because of Miller. Shame he doesn't play like that every game.

Reply #419350 | Report this post

tempo  
Years ago

i think Clausen did a bit towards the win 14 rebounds !!

Reply #419352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know where to get the west v centrals box score?

Reply #419360 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Sturt men beating woodville. Massive upset.

Reply #419361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the fact they held Cadee to 8 under his average.(he went 2/12 from the 3)

pearce and thomas 2/12 from 3 combined

matt atkins had 15
Clausen 18 pts and 14 reb

or the 2 tech fouls that west players got a crucial times.

miller was very good but the game certainly had other factors that lead to the lions win.

i think they have proven miller doesnt have to score 25 for them to win, other results have proven that this season

All this being said no DJ for west was sure handy foor the lions.

Reply #419379 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

When a Sturt team beating a Woodville team is an upset, things must be crook!

Reply #419396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't worry Jack, woody's women are still predictably awful if that helps your thought processes.

Reply #419399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt men have been written off this season by the club as a safety in case they don't perform so they can safely say the teams been gutted and is in a rebuild phase so don't get to cocky. However that's BS we all know Sturt will be competitive.

Reply #419400 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Anonymous #419379

"I think they have proven miller doesnt have to score 25 for them to win,"
- Your kidding yourself. He was the reason for the win he had 35. If he had got 25 they would of lost.
- The only other reason was the fact the Bearcats men shot the ball at a lesser percentage than the bearcats Woman for the night didn't help.

"or the 2 tech fouls that west players got a crucial times"
- only one tech called for the game.

Reply #419403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting discussion.

Let's not forget Whitmore.

Not only does he have fantastic leadership skills with men, knowledge on the game and excellent ethics, he works his arse off. He moved heaven and earth to recruit miller back (who is a quality player AND person adding to the Lions junior program), he organizes training venues, sponsors, logistics, media etc. etc., tasks that ABL coaches at just about every other club get done for them. This year he was even saddled with mentoring the rookie ABL Women's coach at the start of the year and was instrumental in the logistical issues around the import for the women's team and everything else that goes with an ABL program.

Culture change doesn't happen overnight and we've seen the culture out there change over a period of years. He is a man of high morals and ethics and attracts quality players with similar standards.

Since he has been coaching there's been a strong culture change in the program, culminating in this year's highly competitive team.

Reply #419405 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Not sure where you are going with this.

Are you suggesting Whitmore won them the game through his coaching on the night?

Reply #419415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whitmore... the bloke who had an interview with Woodville at the start of the year.
He really loves centrals....

Reply #419427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Centrals were looking around too at the time!

Not a smart move by the club, clubs need to look after and appreciate their assets or loose them.

Reply #419428 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Is Miller a possible NBL player?

What were his stats compared to Cadee?

Reply #419429 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Miller is not hurting his chances of an NBL contract the way he is playing

Reply #419432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the 36ers are looking at Sam Macdaniel, 30 points against Pero and Petrie and still only 17 years old! Could be as good as his father one day

Reply #419444 | Report this post

Years ago

I don't know if his game moves impacted the game or not. They probably did somewhat as he's a very astute gamenight operator.

What I'm saying though is success is a culture that takes years to develop. Normally you have great support networks around you. However, he hasn't always had that from all areas, his players support him but beyond that it's not always the case.

Simply, all I'm saying is if Whitmore wasn't there the Lions Men's/Youth League program would not be where they are now, we wouldn't be having a conversation about Kyle Miller carrying them to a win against the top team (not that I think Kyle did infact carry them, there were some other very good performances), they would still be languishing in bottomlace, and there would be no Kyle Miller, instead we would still be laughing at the Lions Mens program.

Reply #419469 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Found the Stats for KM and JC.

Kyle FG 11/22, 50%, 3 points 7/14 50%, 7 assists 4 rebounds.

Jason FG 4/19 21%, 3 points 2/12 17% 7 assists 5 rebounds,

So shooting % looks like Jason had an off night, BUT he does have an unusual shooting action and watching the 36'ers this season IMO would'nt be a go to man from outside.

Good to see Matt Atkins getting back his shooting touch (5/9 3 pointers) AND if Sam Mcdaniel continues that form he could be a star.

Reply #419488 | Report this post

anonaswell!  
Years ago

Something must be right at Centrals, their 23 Boys are performing very well too, dont think they have won as many games in a season for a long time.

Reply #419512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Agreed. Some good talent coming through the juniors over the past couple of years and a great program for them to move into in seniors is leading to success. Things only on the up and up.

Reply #419514 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Doyle vs Kyle

Doyle is a better option

Reply #419563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754