Isaac
Years ago

Eagles and Mavs split games

Mavs women got up by a solitary point, 71-72 on the back o f Cayla Francis' 28 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks in only 28 minutes (45.5 HSA). Amanda Williams added 24.

For the Eagles, Deanne Ranford had 19 and 8, while Jenni Screen got close to what would've been the third triple double for the night with 12 points, 16 rebounds and 8 assists (42.5 HSA)

In the second game, the Forestville men were too strong and ran out 109-97 winners. Jason Dix posted huge numbers: 30 points, 21 rebounds and 8 assists for 66.5 HSA. Gange added 20, Sullivan 16 with Dougie, Sutton and Farman also in double figures (Farman had 11, 15 and 5 blocks for 45 HSA).

Brad Davis was the shining light for the Mavs with 34 points, 8 boards and 5 steals (51 HSA). Brad Bungy fouled out with 12 and 6. Madgen, Goodenough and Trebilcock all managed double-figures.

A special award goes to Cameron Wood for his 4 fouls in 2:31 of game-time.

Topic #3193 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Dougie Approved" haha

CLASSIC!

Reply #36865 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

does anyone know why Easterns Adam Becis didn't play last night? Box scores show he has missed the last few weeks, is he injured??? When will he be back, seems mavs form slump has coincided with Becis going missing!

Reply #36881 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

haha, joke if i ever heard one. becis is terrible. he has aout 10 turnovers to go with 10 airballs.

Reply #36898 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

skip - you must be a south fan. Becis Stats show a different story. He had 10 T/O against south, but an avg of only 3.4 (2.7 without that game). Avg'd 6 boards, 3.5 assists and 12 points. HSA avg of 24.5 for the first half of the season. If that is terrible, i'd love to be terrible!

If anyone has anything constructive to say on the matter, i'd appreciate. Thanks.

Reply #36946 | Report this post

Timberwolf  
Years ago

Word has it that Becis has quit the Mavs...reasons unknown, but he will not be suiting for the rest of the season....a big dent in their championship hopes i think!

Reply #36969 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Why isn't Francis in the Gems team?

Reply #36974 | Report this post

Woody#9  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac. I am once again honoured to receive this award. You will notice that in yesterdays game against Norwood i was well below my best.. one foul i think in however many minutes... I will make amends in the next round...

Reply #36983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

becis quit because he thought he was having a bad season, so he decided to quit.

Reply #36990 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

There are plenty of other players out with less game than Becis. If that is true Anon 36990, he is weak.

Becis is also the leading FT % shooter in the Conference @ 84%.

Reply #37059 | Report this post

Dougie  
Years ago

Peter Maravich, i would have to agree that Becis is a huge loss to the mavs, and i doubt he has quit due to poor form...he kiilled us the first time we played the Mavs this year but I do have to add that he is not the leading FT% in the league....I am. I just have not put up enough free throws to get on the list. 18/21(85.7%)I think. I need people to start returning the favour and start fouling me so I can get to the line;-)...not too hard tho please.

Reply #37069 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Geez dougie, i hate to knock two players in the matter of an hour, but...

Actually, your wrong.

If you are going to be pedantic, Michael Wright is leading the FT% He is 4/4 (100%)i think. He just hasn't put up enought free throws to get on the list.

But your right about becis, it couldn't be because of form.

Reply #37075 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Someone asked recently what was up with Cam Wood. I saw he had a few minutes in a game on the weekend. Now that Newley's gone, is Cam filling his rather large shoes?

Reply #37088 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

haha...

yeah had 3 minutes, well 2.31 and managed 4 fouls (one unsportsmanlike).

I know he is a mate and you'll probably respond, enlighting us on the player he was, but from that performance i think it definitely answers why is isn't getting any minutes (thread from last week.)

Damn, that makes three.

Reply #37090 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

In the other game, he had 15 mins so something must've happened right.

No question, he's had a shocking season. Age must be catching up, like it does with all of us.

Cam - still happy to see ya in July! Call me if you're interested!

Reply #37094 | Report this post

Dougie  
Years ago

Great research Dr Dunk. Someone foul Michael so he can miss a couple.

Reply #37109 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Don't want to get too technical here, but want to show some support for one of the young Panthers in Tom McKenzie as he is actually 6/6 from the Free Throw line, so would in fact be ahead of Michael Wright. Now if we can only get Tom back on court so someone can Foul him!!!

Reply #37145 | Report this post

Tmak  
Years ago

thanks for that ShutUp!! :D

Reply #37161 | Report this post

guess who  
Years ago

i say it again because becis quit because HE thoght HE was having a bad patch. he started off great but then ha had a bad game and was continuing in that bad slump!!!!

Reply #37279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754