Newbee
Years ago

What do coaches get paid

I have been asked to coach a team in Big V next season and was wondering what the min or max would be for a new coach who has had experiance before. I am being told that should be between $5000.00 to $10000.00 depending on the league etc.
Can anyone let me know what to expect or if they know what some of the others coaches get in Championship,D1 and D2.

Topic #32048 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Donuts.

Reply #425718 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Basketball coaches in Australia rarely get paid what they are worth Newbee, converseley in the USA or Euro they sometimes are overpaid from what I have read.

Of course that would be at a higher level than Big V I would suggest.

Regardless, if you can get a $5k+ figure for coaching Big V I would say grab it, good luck...

Reply #425758 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Big V champ level is about $7k to $12k depending on the club.

You been offered the Venom job?

Reply #425764 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Donuts? I thought the going rate was peanuts.

Must have had a win in their latest EBA discussions...

Reply #425767 | Report this post

TMG  
Years ago

I know most of the D1 coaches in Big V are at least $5000.00 + and a few are at the 9-10,000.00 mark dont think you would want to coach in that league for any less.
Championship are all closer to 10k

Reply #425769 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

SEABL is a step up again from that mark closer to the $20K+ mark dependinf on the club etc

Reply #425772 | Report this post

Rays  
Years ago

Country team coaches get a bit more for the extra hours travel they do, the Seahawks , Supercats , Enegy,Gators and the Mildura Heat coaches would all be on good coin from what I hear.

Reply #425773 | Report this post

Hoopman  
Years ago

I play in Div 1 , we all know that our coach gets $8000.00 a year and we think he deserves the money for the time he puts in and this is for a Melbourne based team.

Reply #425776 | Report this post

Red 77  
Years ago

$10K for Big V is good. Some SEABL Head Coaches start at $10K and finish around $15K - particularly regional clubs who struggle with sponsorship deals (competing against football clubs). Many Assistant Coaches are not paid at all. Clubs incomes vary greatly eg. Ballarat make money off their bar, restaurant, kiosk etc and have previously employed a full time Head Coach/Development Coach. Supercats make no money from the Arena kiosk or bar so would be pushed to be paying their staff or players as well as people who are not associated with the club would believe

Reply #425804 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I thought I remembered hearing a while ago the WHOLE CABL salary cap was $10 grand? As in mens and womens team combined for player payments, if that is still true then we are a LONG way off the mark..

Reply #425826 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

VC fan, a lot closer to your guess than previous Vic posts (for CABL, I mean)

Reply #425831 | Report this post

BigRed  
Years ago

All clubs are different, regional v metro doesn't change a whole lot. It's always about the clubs priority as well as their revenue stream. Somewhere like Warnambool may not have the greatest revenue stream coming in as they don't have the largest domestic competition. Energy would have no revenue stream as they are a regional club and don't actually have a domestic competition to help raise income. They have 6 VJBL teams + 2 BigV and that's all the club exists of. Mildura would have a fairly decent income (obvious by having 3 imports who are all high quality) but they also have a really solid junior and domestic base. Would be surprising if Geelong BigV paid their coaches much considering the amount of $$ that would be pumped into SEABL.

I think there are too many people who coach for the $$ and not enough that coach because they love it. Would be amazed at how many coaches would agree to coach as a volunteer! How about a volunteer that then forks money out of their own pocket for travel, uniform etc

Reply #425833 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A few posts in this topic from the same IP, specifically mentioning prices. Someone trying to talk up their price with fake facts? Newbee, TMG, Rays, Hoopman.

Reply #425850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha......busted.

Reply #425914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754