NBL Fan
Years ago

NBL Officially De-merged from BA

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/tbf2ubh00v0b12huq4p26ua7w

NBL TV will go ahead

Topic #32780 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Building a relationship with NBA and bringing back the Brisbane Bullets also mentioned.

Reply #438724 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That announcement from the interim CEO is worth a read. Good tone I thought, talking up the league, but without the usual stark feeling of BA releases.

Reply #438734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love how they are focusing on exciting games.

Reply #438735 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

I think the biggest thing the league needs now is a naming rights sponsor. Hopefully Ten actually advertise the games this season to attract a bigger audience which would help greatly in attracting a new major sponsor.

Reply #438736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cal Bruton (and was it Loggins as well) killed any chance of Ten puring any money into decent advertising when they stomped on the Ad with the Sydney import jumping on the couple's bed.
I appreciate where they were coming from, but that was easily the best TV-Ad we've had for basketball - message and production quality wise. Having to pull it would have left a bad taste in Ten's mouth.

Reply #438738 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

NBL just put this on twitter, new commercial?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl3SaGQu8rA

Reply #438739 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yeah, I am liking it, so let's bring it on baby!!

Bullets and a second Melbourne team, then we are talking...

Reply #438741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New viewers to the league would think there are only 4 teams in the NBL according to the new commmercial, with Adelaide, Cairns, Townsville, Melbourne not even getting a highlight of theirs shown.

Reply #438743 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

WOW! That commercial is really well done.

Reply #438745 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

@anon saying 10 hated cal and leroy , it was the exact opposite. Those 2 put basketball on to the most read section of every news website in Australia. 10 loved it. They brought publicity and attention to the NBL that had been missing for a decade that day. Inadvertently of course

Reply #438746 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Townsville, Melbourne not even getting a highlight of theirs shown."

Not sure that showing clips of petulant import guards is going to sell many tickets.

Reply #438748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously no Ten schedule out yet?

Reply #438753 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If you can find a single highlight from townsville or adelaides season last year youre doing better than me...

Reply #438768 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Mick I thought Townsville beating Adelaide twice in a row was impressive at the time and they were fun games to watch too and didn't Hinder hit clutch three(s) ?

If they aren't showing half the teams then is there a chance of a secondary advert coming soon?

Reply #438816 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

if they have Tony Cochrane involved then they will have success. The guy just bleeds success

Reply #438836 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I thought that advert was pretty good.

Reply #438838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warning Warning
Mal and his team are set on implementing a style that puts an emphasis on excitement
What does that mean turn a blind eye to the super stars can travel as much as they like
cannot foul the stars shooting
the rules are the rules there should not be a blind eye turned for anything to make it more exciting

Reply #438840 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, where have they allowed travels? Ad of course a foul on a shooter, star or not, is a foul. You called it a foul yourself!

In past years, they let defenders get away with too much. They're simply reeling that back.

Reply #438841 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

look at what Kirk Penney and Kevin Lisch etc used to go through off the ball let alone with ball in hand in terms of grabbing and bumping.
It's a good thing that they are cleaning it up IMO.

Reply #438842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:21 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754