basil faulty
Years ago

sturt's abl womens' game

I have not been to much abl the last 12 months - but i was at pasadena last saturday

it was perfectly clear to me - as with last years prelim final - when they play forestville - they have little good outside game going on

the sturt girls are great and are favourites of mine - but something is glaring to me

the bowley girls play great post - high and low

the main guards - dametto and marino are also legends - both gutsy

the sturt game seemed to have a lot of head down , take them on drivining by the 2 guards - if that is stopped by some good defence a feed to a bowley was on

that would work well against a lowly team - and it does - but forestville match up well with sturt and they continually found a well positioned body defending in the drive lane and always put pressure on a post up shot from the bowleys

problem as i see it - no outside game / shooter - forestville continually steaked ahead with jenni screen and ranford stroking 3s

sturt must find some outside options as forestville is too tight in the paint

just an observation

Topic #3357 | Report this topic

give me a break  
Years ago

If you haven't been to many abl games then aren't u being a bit quick to judge the sturt girls on their game? Especially considering it was clearly one of their worst games of the season.

Reply #38659 | Report this post

Back to the Tower  
Years ago

It's perfectly clear to me Basil that you are too quick to judge based on one game.
Sturt did actually beat Forestville in the first fixture at Wayville this year - that is despite their apparently poor game plan and complete lack of outside game. And you are right - their terrible game plan only works against the lowly teams - after all they were "destroyed" by both North (on the buzzer) and South (by a massive 3 points).
They were well-beaten last week - but I'm not sure that means that a complete overhaul is needed just yet! It sounds to me like you've been waiting, since last years finals exit apparently, for a chance to "stir the pot".

Reply #38673 | Report this post

Miss Sabre 2001  
Years ago

It's lucky I'm in a good mood, otherwise this could be a fairly unforgiving post! I think Basil raises some good points. Whilst he has no idea of team dynamics, injuries, sickness, trainings and other factors that influence games and performance, his criticism is still well founded and remains constructive. Losses to quality teams like Forestville are good for us - they expose our weaknesses and allow us to see where we need improvement.
So thankyou for the concern. We are working on it, and next time you're out to a game I will try extra hard for you.

Reply #38743 | Report this post

Kym Taylor  
Years ago

I love Sonia Dametto. She is hot on and off the court.

Reply #38836 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

sonia gets and needs a lot of SUPPORT!

Reply #38853 | Report this post

Kym Taylor  
Years ago

Don't dis the hotty "what the". She moves in dark circles, and the Italian surname says it all (well connected).

Reply #38896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754