XY
Years ago

Sixers back in the finals

It might have been a formality for a while now, but with today's win the Sixers are back in the finals after 5(?) years in the desert. We have won more games this season than the last two combined. Great off season moves to get a new coach, with only limited changes to the roster.

Next challenge - when did we last win a finals match?

Topic #33802 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last time we made the playoffs was 2009 so indeed 5 years and last time we won a playoff game was 2003 when we lost to Perth 2-1 in the first round.

2002: Championship
2003: 1st Round-Lost to Perth 2-1
2004: 1st Round-Lost to Melbourne (111-107)
2005: 1st Round-Lost to Brisbane (125-110)
2006: 1st Round-Lost to Cairns (106-103)
2007: Did not make playoffs
2008: Did not make playoffs
2009: 1st Round-Lost to NZ Breakers (131-101)
2010: Did not make playoffs (wooden spoon)
2011: Did not make playoffs
2012: Did not make playoffs (wooden spoon)
2013: Did not make playoffs (wooden spoon)

Reply #459313 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That's quite a dry spell.

Reply #459315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to have the 6ers back in the playoffs,

heres hoping we can give the title a fair shake!

Reply #459316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone feel the 36ers will be playing to their potential with this lineup come finals time.

I'm not sold on them but we have a month to go still and I'm sure their will be a dip in form again for some teams and a peak in form for others.

NBL coach and player of the month of February will be interesting... I'd go Steve Markovic and Geordie McLeod

Reply #459319 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

My maths says we need to still win one more game, or the Hawks need to lose one more to make it guaranteed.

Reply #459329 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

2006 was the last home final. I sure didnt think when Stewart struck that baseline jump shot that it would be 8 years til we would see another final at the Arena aka Brett Maher Court

Reply #459330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skip
My maths confirms your view
Need to win one more or it could come down to head to heads with Sydney and Melbourne

Reply #459331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the Money we spent we better make the Playoffs!!

Reply #459333 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

15 wins is definitely enough to make the playoffs. We should look at solidifying the #2 spot so that we can have 2 home games

Reply #459336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 games clear in 2nd, not too much to worry about there. BUT massive concerns with the patchy play yesterday.

Reply #459367 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

If you guys had lost it at the end to NZ and Sydney had won, your 2nd place would have been in serious trouble, but it should be pretty solid now. First place is still in possible, but requires Wildcats to drop at least two games and Adelaide to be perfect.

Reply #459369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754