Anonymous
Years ago

geordie for coach of the year?

Surely a shoe in after his effort with the hawks!

Thoughts?

Topic #34015 | Report this topic

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I think Joey deserves it but should be ineligible because of the Perth debacle. Gordie's obviously done an exceptional job too.

Reply #463980 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

My first thought was Wright just because he took the same team (obv different import) from last to 2nd.

However everyone said the Hawks would finish last and here they are, 8 of the last 9 and in the top 4.

Reply #463983 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I have said Joey Wright for most of the season ( the Perth 'melee' had no effect on my opinion) but Geordie gets over the line for the way he got the hawks to the playoffs with 8 out of 9.
Perth are in for a tough semis series.

Reply #463995 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Tough call between Trev, Joey & geordie. All had beauties!!

Reply #464000 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

I don't understand why every one picks the gong to finish last every yr? They never do! Why is it a supprise that they made the four? Every team can make the finals but it's teams that play consistant through the year. Syd for example, play one gd qtr, if they play 3 gd qtrs they would've made it. All a full time ball players, even perth turned over 5 players and coach and didnt have knight for half a season i think gleeson is up there. Put joey at townsville and see then how gd he would've gone.

Reply #464002 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Every single vote should go to gordie

Reply #464003 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

When considering an award like this, one needs to consider the talent at their disposal and how efficient they were in getting that talent to achieve their goals, or over achieve their goals.

Reply #464054 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Exactly Jack.

Which i why Gordie wins this every second of every minute of every hour of every day of the year.

He is working with less salary than every other team in the league and he just made the goddamn playoffs.

Seriously. He has like 700k of salary. That's an entire bench rotation of surplus for some teams.

Reply #464091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No brainer it is Geordie.

Reply #464095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So because all common sense points to Geordie... is it likely the nbl will not give it to him... haha

Reply #464133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordie not Geordie!

Reply #464436 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754