Anonymous
Years ago

Patty Mills Ready to fire away for the Spurs

Great headline write up for Patty on NBA.com. Good to see the massive support and respect he is building in the states.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/04/15/mills-ready-to-fire-away-for-spurs/?ls=iref:nbahppt

Topic #34279 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Get ready for a shitload more Patty headlines as the Spurs get deeper into the playoffs

Reply #470835 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

and then get rolled by the Thunder ;)

Reply #470838 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Indeed mystro, the Thunder are my title favourites this time around

Reply #470839 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Durant has been insane this season and if Westbrook is healthy they'll be pretty hard to beat but only a fool would write off the Spurs.
I just hope Indiana knock off the Heat out east.

Reply #470842 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

5 posts into a Patty thread and 2 words are very conspicuous by their absence

Reply #470844 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dunkin' Dan, and doesn't that just put you in the best mood?

Thunder have been playing Durant heavily even this late in the season. He played 45 minutes today, 43 minutes two days ago, 42 minutes the day before that. That's asking for injury or wear and tear.

Meanwhile the Spurs are the first team in post-merger NBA history to have had no player average more than 30 minutes/game.

Eight players are averaging at least 21 minutes, nine are scoring 8.1 points or better and seven have a Player Efficiency Rating of at least 15.1. Despite the lack of a prototype cornerstone, and having deployed 29 different lineups, the Spurs can tie the franchise record for victories, 63, Wednesday against the Lakers in their regular-season finale.

Reply #470845 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I'm sure that if he averages 10+ in playoffs those two words will make a comeback.

Reply #470846 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Scotty Brooks is hungry for that MVP and scoring championship for Durant so he has to play those high minute games. More mins = higher stats. Why else would you play your best player into the ground at this end of the season?

Reply #470849 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Actually he has been a lock for the MVP for a while so I'm not sure why he is still playing him so many minutes. Can't hurt his stats though.

Reply #470850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Dunkin' Dan, and doesn't that just put you in the
best mood?"

Well played Isaac.

Reply #470851 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

LOL ^ what he said.

Reply #470856 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Scott Brooks is an idiot. Thunder had spurs in the bag with 5 minutes left a week or so back and played durant and westbrook until then bitter end. They were up by 12 the whole time....

Reply #470865 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

made me lol, Isaac.

Reply #471088 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754