The_Champ33
Years ago

Knicks Mike Woodson & Staff Sacked

The Zen Master Phil Jackson has made one move.

Sacking Mike Woodson & the entire Coaching staff.

There is strong speculation Steve Kerr might get the gig or at least definitely spoken with.

Mark Jackson is tossed up as a candidate even though he's currently Coaching the Warriors. There are some rumours he might cop the sack at season's end.

Brian Shaw from the Nuggets has been thrown up and the Nuggets would receive compo if done.

What are some other names you think might get the gig?

Topic #34299 | Report this topic

King Podge  
Years ago

I doubt the Warriors would get rid of Jackson.

Kerr makes sense if Jackson wants them to run the triangle.

Reply #471258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back Jeff Van Gundy

Reply #471261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

George Karl

Reply #471263 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Mr Rambis with D'Antoni chucked in as an assistant.

Reply #471266 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Not a Knicks fan but it'd be pretty tough for Kerr to deal with the likes of Melo, JR and even Chandler in his first stint. Wouldn't mind the Knicks going with someone like Lionel Hollins or George Karl and have Steve Kerr do an 'apprenticeship' as such under one of those two.

Reply #471274 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

George Karl or Van Gundy would be my pics but Kerr will probably get the nod.

Reply #471276 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I'm tipping Phil to put somebody in and pull a Pat Riley a few games in and go on to win the championship

Reply #471285 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd personally love to see Jeff Van Gundy given a go, but does Jeff himself want to return to Coaching or is the man happy with commentary? That is a mystery question.

I doubt the Warriors would sack Jackson also, but it's another coaching rumour in the merry-go round of coach sackings.

I'd like Steve Kerr to be a senior assistant + I don't think he could handle the New York scrunity as a Head Coach. My personal opinion.

Reply #471300 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Seriously, Kurt Rambis will be part of the team.

Reply #471312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way Phil would appoint either Van Gundy to a role.
Rambis and Steve Kerr yes.

Reply #471314 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Fired on his day off. Rough.

Reply #471316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty of good coaches out there that could be picked up:

Jeff Van Gundy
Stan Van Gundy
Vinny Del Negro
Coach Karl
Lionel Hollins

plus many many more...

Jeff has said he would be interested in returning but more so as an assistant. Not sure about the Kerr move maybe under someone else as an apprentice but with so many quality coaches out there why would you risk it. Sounds like it is going to be Kerr anyway...

Reply #471331 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Cop the sack?

Struth, my eyes.

Reply #471369 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Vinny Del Negro? Good coaches?

Errr...what?

Reply #471374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vinny was the man. Brought the clips back to relevancy until he was fired by CP3. I liked him on the bulls too. Finished up with a good win/loss percentage too.

Reply #471412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Either of the Van Gundy brothers call Phil Jackson "Big Chief Triangle". They're from a different coaching background shall we say.

Reply #471445 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754