COOPZ
Years ago

36ers MVP awards night season video

For those of you who didn't attend the MVP night last week.

Here are the videos of the season from the MVP night.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucpzr1zyS4k&feature=youtu.be

Topic #34302 | Report this topic

skud  
Years ago

Its hard to watch that and not wonder why Frye wasn't able to score consistently and have a bigger impact. I know he was injured and his shooting sucked but his drives to the basket were bloody amazing.

Reply #471324 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Things I took from the video

Frye looked great as skud mentioned but pity other than his 1on 1 drives nothing else really worked for him.
Every highlight of BJ someone hits the floor
Gibson needs to shoot more.
Ervin in 1 gutsy little fella.
Black uniforms look amazing.

But finally... We are seriously gonna miss Johnson...

Reply #471339 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

"We are seriously gonna miss Johnson"

The last two seasons before this the consistent message on this forum was that DJ was crap.

No D.
Soft.
Easily disheartened.
And a serial Adjuster of his shorts.

During that time I tried to defend DJ each time, quoting his Top 10 - Top 5 scoring and rebound figures.

Sorry but what has changed now?

Reply #471345 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

I think everyone appreciates his offensive skills but for such an agile big people would like more rebounds and blocks.
There wasn't a lot of defensive highlights in the package for DJ.

Reply #471348 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

new coach?

Reply #471349 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Great video Coopz. Did you get the players review by chance?

Reply #471350 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The last two seasons before this the consistent message on this forum was that DJ was crap.
A consistent, not the. Obviously a much better coach and a couple of tweaks to the roster meant that defensive pieces around an offensive player made it a successful combination. Prior to that, having DJ combined with Ballinger wasn't particularly effective.

Reply #471353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You rated Marty Clark as well @marcuscamby. Enough said.

Reply #471355 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

lol, uh the Marty Clarke days. Back when we were atrociou: last, second to last, last. Back when the players were slow offensively, had no idea what they were doing and had their talent stunted.

Reply #471359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, I got it on my phone, but not sure if I'll upload it...

Reply #471361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love your work Coopz!

Any chance of a DVD in the works for the 2002 championship like you did for the others?

Reply #471363 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

361, I was going to tape it, but was too busy laughing. Don't upload it, but it would be good to see it again.

Reply #471368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"During that time I tried to defend DJ each time, quoting his Top 10 - Top 5 scoring and rebound figures.

Sorry but what has changed now?"

For starters, he improved his FG shooting from 40% in 2012/13 to 53% this season and his three-point shooting from 23% to 40%. His play was efficient and to the benefit of the team, not just getting numbers.

While his defence, attention span and physicality can all still improve quite a bit, he was certainly better in those areas too.

Reply #471396 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"The last two seasons before this the consistent message on this forum was that DJ was crap.

"Sorry but what has changed now?"

1. DJ has improved virtually every aspect of his game, including defense and scoring efficiency, since the Marty Clarke era.
2. The team dynamic has also improved since Joey has taken the helm, making DJ's contributions more noticeable and meaningful e.g. team rebounding has improved, allowing Johnson to run the floor in transition.
3. The direction of refereeing has also benefited Johnson's playing style on both ends.

Reply #471400 | Report this post

Big Ads of Perth  
Years ago

Player review has made it onto facebook. Will upset a few non- Adelaide fans especially the last item. Good to have a laugh now that it is all done and dusted.

(4/20 or 21 days)

Reply #471432 | Report this post

Jack Floppy  
Years ago

got a link Big Ads?

Reply #471434 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

As a cats fans, I thought the players review was very well done, a great laugh after a great season. Good to see sixers taking the piss out of everyone, honestly, its all good fun at the end of the day, but on the court, its war and the fans are passionate.

Reply #471449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone got a link to the players review?

Reply #471463 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

skud ,E.G - one game At the start of the third, frye drove to the basket and got the first 2 FGs quickly, easy.
Then DJ shot and missed,Ervin shot and missed, Gibson shot and missed.
frye wouldda got plenty if they had passed it.

Reply #471854 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754