Topic #34315 | Report this topic

kobe24  
Years ago

2 more years living in Cairns, ouch.

Reply #471543 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Wasn't he building a house up there?

He sounds happy up there so 2 more years should keep him happy!

Now if only his new coach can take him out if his laid back ways and get him fired up

... Oh wait that loser, Aaron Fearne is still wasting everyone's time up in Cairns

Better luck next time

Interesting that he wanted a second year and didn't go chasing more money with one of the new franchises that will enter the league

Reply #471549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone ever seen andrea bargnani and Loughton in the same room?

Reply #471550 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

He negotiated his own 2 year contract....i bet donaghy wasn't at the table!!

Reply #471555 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think the better Bargnani analogue in this league is Ben Allen.

Reply #471563 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I bet the current management would have been happy to re-sign Loughton (had his best season with them last season, yes?) if not only to stick it up the trouble makers...

Reply #471580 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Could be the two years that Mitch Young needs to develop and become the starter maybe.

Reply #471581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Trig under contract for another year, this team isn't going anywhere with that front court.

Reply #471584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would think he would of had to of taken a massive pay cut to be offered a two year deal seeing his age and injury prone body.

Reply #471585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Injury prone?
Last two seasons he hasn't missed a game.
The year before he played 23 of 28 (I assume 28).
He played 31 games each season for the three seasons before that.
5 games missed in last three years, opposite of injury prone. 93 games in three years before that is also close to 100% games played (not sure on number of games each season back then).

Reply #471587 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

585, you have been served.

Reply #471588 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

That's pretty much it for me. For the first time since they started I won't be renewing my membership.
This team is going nowhere. Worse than that, this club is going nowhere.
Loughton spoke of accountability in the Cairns Post today, but there just isn't any from a single person within that organisation.
The merry-go-round of mediocrity continues unabated. I'm out!

Reply #471589 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

You would think someone who has been a season ticket holder for that long you would think would need something more than the re-signing of one of their good players and captain. Fair-weather Fan

Reply #471598 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

FTW... What are you needing mate to make you happy, is there a boom recruit that you'd like that you reckon will love the Cairns climate?

Still no mention on Clint Steindl on the NBL website... I'd reckon he'd be a pretty sought after free agent. I'd happily have him in Perth

Reply #471602 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Proud, I don't think you realise that living up in NQ is actually seen as desirable to a lot of people.

Personally I don't like it. Too hot. But the Yanks seem to love it.

Reply #471603 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Steindl has player option I hope he'll take, though wanting to test the Europe market. I'm guessing with his surname he's got some European heritage so won't need to be an import. http://www.taipans.com/article/id/a53aqfjgj2mv1erffe6h4g92u

Reply #471609 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

FTW - really? sounds like you need a hug.....

Reply #471611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Young and Trigger already signed, I'd assume the Taipans needed to get rid of either Loughton or Burston to be able to bring in an import big.
Loughton had a career best season, and although Burston was great in 13/14, you couldn't really go past Alex as the player to keep.

Gliddon / Bruce (good, cheap, low points backup since Gliddon will play 30+ mins)
Import / ?
?(hopefully Steindl) / Weigh
Loughton / Trigger / Young / Import as the big men.

Not a bad team if they stay healthy.

Reply #471618 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I don't see why you'd need an import over Burston. I don't think the Taipans could afford a top class import big even if there was one available. Burston had a really good season, especially with Trigger out for half of it. I had very low expectations of Burston coming into the team last season but he's certainly won me over.

Reply #471620 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I think Cairns are ok in the frontcourt with Trigger, Burston, Loughton and Young with spot minutes at 4 if needed. With Gliddon playing point they need a combo guard import for 2 spot and an import for small forward.
Something like this perhaps,
Gliddon/Bruce
Import/ ??
Import/Weigh
Loughton /Young
Tragardh/ Burston

Total guess work at this stage if the bigs can stay healthy, Gliddon makes adjustment to PG and and they get two good imports anything is possible.

Reply #471635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754