Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut doesn't like publishing of NBA salaries

Andrew Bogut will make $12.97 million next season as the starting center and defensive anchor of the Golden State Warriors (and to complete the circle, he is worth it by basketball standards when healthy). He has two years, $23 million guaranteed left on his deal after that season.

What do you think of your salary being made public?

I disagree with the publishing of figures. The big paper in the States, The USA Today, actually has a lift-out every three or four months which has every professional athlete's salary in every sport in America. You have a bunch of women cutting that out and following guys around at night clubs. It just creates a plethora of problems.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/11/andrew-bogut-doesnt-like-that-you-know-how-much-he-makes/

Topic #34645 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is your point anon, what he says is spot on.

Reply #478350 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Just me or does Bogut come across as a bit of a grumpy bloke

Reply #478351 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

He just cuts through all the bullshit. Thats why he didn't get along too well with Mark Jackson - who's all about preaching etc.

Reply #478362 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, because not publishing salaries of these guys is really going to deter people from trying to befriend them...

Reply #478365 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's a great thing and I wish the NBL did it.

When everyone knows your true value in terms of cost vs. output it keeps you accountable.

Reply #478380 | Report this post

Shooting Blanks  
Years ago

He expressed his opinion that he prefers his salary not be made public. Which is admirable. Only narcissists advertise their wealth.

As a fan I still want to know though.

Reply #478598 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

How about the people that are desperately looking for a job or those that are paid at terribly low rates, not having any money, now that creates a "plethora of problems", like the financial stress of not being able to pay for rent or bills, never having any savings, I really think Bogut should have perspective and stop complaining about multi millionaires problems

Reply #478621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does bogut like anything other than cheesy crust pizzas?

Reply #478639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ridiculous amount of money for any sports person, in fact for anyone really, and especially one who's always injured in my opinion. Shame some of this was not spread around better . But I think releasing them to public is wrong it's no ones business what someone earns. But when you look at the homeless situation in America and yet they can afford to pay an individual this amount, to basically sit on the bench be causes he does far too often with injury it's wrong, very wrong. And people wonder why the world is spiralling out of control in the areas of the haves and have nots. Let's hope bogurt does some good with his wealth and gives back for his good fortune to those less fortunate.

Reply #478648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he didn't get along with Mark Jackson because he is a sook and is softer than butter!

That, and he has a sloppy rig! 23 million for a sloppy rig...what a joke

Reply #478651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Careful, his lawyers will be after you!!!

Reply #478830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do not think Bogut was complaining about millionaires problems he was asked a question and he answered it. Should he say oh that is to much money I will play for half ? and iam sure therre is gold diggers out there that would look and say oh he has more than him so they will go after the richest

Reply #478843 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754