Anonymous
Years ago

Aussie college commitments?

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks after being on holiday and am just wondering if any new aussies have signed to play college basketball this past month?
and if so who to what school?

Topic #34980 | Report this topic

Tim P  
Years ago

Renae Mokrzycki from Casey,
has signed with NCAA Div 1 College, IDAHO Vandals

Reply #484753 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Check out this link - scroll to the bottom for all the commitments so far.

Aussies in College: The Complete Listing for Men 2013/14

Will be overhauling this listing in September.

Reply #484842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the women in college or do you only report on men

Reply #484848 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

We have a women's college list too but we are still compiling commitments

Reply #484853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good list pretty sure bairstow got drafted and signed a 3 year contract with the Chicago bulls!!!!!!

Reply #484859 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes he did - as the list outlines it is 2013/14 season.

Reply #484861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you add a women's collage prospect list along with the men's.

Reply #484867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St. Mary's stocked with Aussies. Dane Pineau, Emmett Naar, Jock Landale on the roster this season. Tanner Krebs and Kyle Clark have both committed there as well.

Reply #484889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

484867..... Don't think they are interested in the women's list otherwise they would be putting it up already and airing every signing as there are plenty of girls going to good colleges too if they bothered to look

Reply #484898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares about the girls; maybe they should do their own an stop insisting someone else do it for them

Reply #484908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

obviously some people are interested in the girls that why the question was asked i suppose not all people are living in there caves still

Reply #484911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well when a public site like pick and roll who wants to be involved with Basketball Australia and Australian athletes is posting on another public forum about Aussie college commitments then it stands to reason, unless they are totally discriminating against women in this sport that if they go to the trouble of reporting on the men they should at least also do the women. And as far as I can tell this isn't a male only forum is it? As that would also be breaching discriminatory practices, I'm sure this place isn't totally filled with chauvinistic ball scratchers ....or is it???

Reply #484912 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

You go, girl!

Reply #485087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All you guys must have your wives and girlfriends read your stuff before you send it. The point should be about the good work being assembled, not jump on the sex thing, that is too easy.

Another note* women by numbers alone put the least back into the sport. Far to often are guys coaching and doing the grunt work, while the women are busy telling everyone they are a victim.

Stop asking someone else they have failed you and do it yourself.

Reply #485221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That ramble makes no sense.

Basketball is male dominated at all levels in Australia.

Reply #485441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yeah how many gold medals have the boomers won??

Reply #485442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches are predominantly male yes but have you ever asked yourselves why,
1- most are chosen by men
2 - most women from their late 20s are the primary care givers to children and don't have that time
3- in the elite levels women still get paid less than men when it comes to paid coaching positions.

On the flip side women coaches tend to be more successful than males pro -rata

And yes how many medals have the boomers won compared to the opals.?

As for giving back to the sport, there are more female volunteers than men, who team manage, run canteens, sit on the doors of stadiums, do the running around to get these kids to games and trainings, sit on committees and fund raise than men, so don't be so dam ignorant. In saying who cares about women playing basketball, last count the women outnumbered the men in population, add to that fathers who would be interested in their daughters, their are just as many people who are interested, it's just the minority of Neanderthal men who think otherwise.

Reply #485447 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

If there was a womens list but not a mens list I can guarantee you wouldnt hear any men calling sexism.

You go girl.

Reply #485451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a male. I originally asked the question ' can you make a women's prospect list.?'
If there's not enough information out there to produce a list then fine, but I'm definately interested. I'll be following Kristy, frolings, alliyah, Stephanie and many more next year in the NCAA. But it would be excellent to have a list of potential future stars like ezi and such.
Anyone who doesn't believe in equal rights by now has to take a good hard look at themselves.

Reply #485452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The sexism issue didn't raise it's head until 484908 posted this little bit of crap

"Who cares about the girls; maybe they should do their own an stop insisting someone else do it for them"

No one was insisting anything just asking can a women's list be put together.

There are plenty of girls going to college and have colleges looking at them.

Reply #485454 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

At pickandroll.com.au we can only produce the content that we have resources available for. We would love to cover both the men and women in greater detail.

Keeping track and putting together a list of college players, let alone all the ongoing commitments is not a quick and easy job as some may like to think. All the team at PnR are contributing their time and effort for no financial return as well.

So if you would like to help promote basketball, and in this case Aussie women in college, please get in touch with is at #TeamPnR via our website or on Twitter.

Reply #485475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone from P&R going to be at NSW state finals this weekend in Gosford?

Reply #485485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC your website is very ordinary

Reply #485489 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

LC - appreciate your efforts.

Reply #485491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC your web site is very much appreciated by anyone interested in the US college pathway.

Reply #485498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So LC can I ask how you compile your info re the men?

Reply #485501 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The initial men's list took quite some time! Each season ever since my initial list you then have to go and revisit every player to ensure that they remain on their school's roster as many transfer from one school to another, or drop out of school early. I then ensure all the links are still relevant and not broken, and also add in any new commitments / transfers.

It's not just a case of a few hours. The women's list took far longer to compile as there is not as much information out there to help.

If anyone knows of any new commitments or transfers involving D1 players, then please let us know via our site or Twitter.

Reply #485579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC Great job and ignore the haters. You get them everywhere.
Most negativity comes from low life no hopers who have a crack on the key board because they either failed playing or coaching and have no life.

The info on your site is magnificent. Keep up the good work.

Reply #485585 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Like your work LC. Do you have listings for div 2 or 3? Aussiehoopsamerica used to have them.

Reply #485586 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This is good but it desperately needs d2 listings as well considering that some d2s play against d1s in non conference games and are known to beat them. Also a large amount of nbl players are from d2 schools.

Reply #485599 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with you on D2 and even D3 listings. Takes a lot of work to manage the D1 list let alone putting together lists for the other divisions.

If we get some more help at PnR, it is something we would like to do eventually.

Reply #487125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can I ask why it's so hard to get info on the girls as surely the same avenues would apply regarding info

Reply #487154 | Report this post

For the person whinging about the girls why not devote your time to make it happen. If you haven't realised most things like these sites are hobbyists and enthusiasts doing it of their own back unpaid. Volunteers doing it because can there's a shit load of time involved doing media like sourcing info rewriting and producing a website. Put your money where your mouth is and donate your time to your cause, I'm sure LC would love to publish it for you.

Reply #487156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow ......... way to keep things balanced "you want it done properly" ( my missus would add to that sentence get a woman to do it!)
I too wouldn't mind hearing about the women's college interest, I'm a guy, who happens to have 2 sons and a daughter so foot in each camp, so think I can give an unbiased view here. Every single post is generally about the men which is fine but you never hear anything about the women's side of things and Australia does have quite a few talented players and probably some that fly under the radar, so those few posters who actually ask a question, (can't see any whinging going on), asked a pretty valid point. If you can find sources for reporting on the men then why is it so hard to find sources on the women, they would have to be coming through similar channels.
LC has already stated the women's list has taken longer, think they were just asking why. Maybe if LC can clarify why it seem to hard to get info, then those in the know might be able to help. There really is no need for the attitude mate, after all it's a forum for those interested in basketball regardless of gender.

Reply #487171 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Simple really: ESPN covers the men extensively right through to recruiting, but has virtually nothing on the women's side of things. You can visit ESPN as a one-stop shop and find all you need for the men. For the women, you have to dig around a lot more online.

I have two daughters myself! I still prefer the men's game to the women's - but finding info on the women is so much more difficult and definitely not as straightforward.

We do cover the women on PnR. Do we cover it as well as we want - no we don't - but the same goes for the men although we do cover it better. If anyone wants to help - we would definitely not knock you back. But don't expect to get paid as I don't make anything.

We will have a D1 list for the women again - it will be up at some stage in September. The updated men's list will also be posted in September.

Reply #487173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks LC that's a great clarification, much better than the smart aleck attitude of the other guy. Does the NCAA put out a list of recruits each year?, I don't know much about it but maybe when mine are old enough to be looking that way it might be good to know.?

Reply #487177 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No they don't I'm afraid...would help us immensely if we could sort all players by country :)

Reply #487178 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754