SC
Years ago

DeAndre Daniels Signs For Perth Wildcats

With many sources on Twitter from the States reporting Daniels has signed with the Wildcats, how big of a signing is Daniels to both the Wildcats' title chances (massive boost) and the improvement of the NBL (hoping to continue to score these types of guys, incentive for NBA teams now)

(http://pickandroll.com.au/perth-land-2014-nba-draftee-deandre-daniels/)

(http://www.theuconnblog.com/2014/8/8/5983649/deandre-daniels-to-play-in-australia)

Topic #35091 | Report this topic

RMQ  
Years ago

It's massive.

Imagine if last season didn't happen. And we went straight from Kevin Lisch to Daniels.

People would loose their shit and be over the moon.

We got lucky and were spoilt by Ennis last season. He was everything a fan could hope to see.

Now that we've seen that we look at Daniels and think "he's not as athletic. Not as flashy. Doesn't look as strong finishing in the lane etc".

We gotta rememebr out of all the NBL imports he's still going to be the one with most potential and credentials.

He's also playing along side Beal who finished 5th on All Star voting. With the top 3 no longer in the league I think.

Wildcats are still solid.

The main diff with Ennis to Daniels is how he fits in the rotation and affects redhag wags and knight. Daniels is a NBL 4. But the raptors want him to develop into a SF. So part of the deal is he'll play minutes at the three and work on his game as a 3 man.

This should be fine. But there maybe a risk that he just can't play the three spot and becomes too much of liability. I doubt that'll happen. But it may cause some problems for the team rotations as a whole.

I think the wildcats system will help him bulk and and get stronger. Playing against Martin everyday at training will also prepare him well.

Beal will also bring in a new component having played a season and now has more knowledge and experience about the league and australia under his belt.

Fan perception will be tough from casuals. They are gonna miss the entertainment and swagger of Ennis. But as long as we win and Daniels puts up big numbers and is a game changer the support will continue.

Daniels all round game is more polished than Ennis was when he arrived.

The 2014/15 wildcats are championship contenders. But they no longer have the pressure of needing to win a championship.

Reply #487140 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Can Perth do nothing wrong? Fantastic signing for the team, the NBL and hopefully for Daniels. Another step in the right direction.

Reply #487141 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Marquee signing?

Reply #487142 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Ughh. *Head in hands

Reply #487144 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

great for perth.

Are these "one and done" stash guys good for the league though?

Reply #487150 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

I think they are mick . even if he stays one year perth will just find someone as good

Reply #487152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick your the most pessimistic poster on this forum.. Unless people are discussing blanchfield or norton. He could be around for years you never know

Reply #487157 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@ Statsheet,

You think he's a bad choice?

Reply #487163 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

Daniels is a future raptors starting 5 member, great get imo

Reply #487170 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Haha no the opposite. I dislike Perth with a passion.

Reply #487179 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Could be even more effective than Ennis because he seems like he actually cares about D

Reply #487180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marvin might get all the credit, but it was Trevor Gleeson's " contacts " which secured Ennis and probably his other contacts which secured this guy as well.

Reply #487195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Haha no the opposite. I dislike Perth with a passion."

Why? They are the only thing stopping the NBL from looking like a complete joke.

Reply #487207 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Wrong, their utter dominance is making the league look like a joke.

Reply #487246 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Our utter dominance? ... wait, which team landed a three-peat, again?

Reply #487271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wrong, their utter dominance is making the league look like a joke."

They are the only team with respectable crowd numbers and quality imports.

Reply #487272 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The utter dominance that saw 5 of their 7 opponents beat them last season? Including Wilson Sting's mob twice?

Reply #487282 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

Perth are the Man united of the nbl. Other nbl teams look like west bromwich albion and southhampton compared to them.

Reply #487286 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

Perth own the league in terms of crowds, finance, player retention, import quality, extended staff, and media. Without perth wildcats, nbl is near irrelevant.

Reply #487287 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Utter dominance kind of went out the window in that post-Christmas period, season had to be rescued by some ironclad home finals performances.

Reply #487288 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Tall poppy syndrome

Reply #487292 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I think everyone knows what I mean when I say utter dominance. They are streets ahead of the rest of the league (consistent performance on and off the court) and I say it with respect and admiration. Just not sure what the rest of the league (including front office) can do to catch up.

Reply #487294 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

....but what have the Romans ever done for us?

Reply #487296 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think the Breakers would agree with you there Wilson, but certainly those two have been well ahead.

Reply #487299 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754