Moneyballer
Years ago

What's the delay with Daequon Montreal signing?

We all know Daequon Montreal is signed for next season why hasnt it been announced?

Topic #35107 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe the club hasn't finalised it or wanted to time it to suit them rather than have it revealed early.

Reply #487451 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Nothing has been announced on nbl site only the andthefoul site.

Maybe Joey has a player better than Montreal or just waiting for a player before officially sign Montreal.

Interesting though.

Reply #487454 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Reply #487455 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think it's pretty stupid - PR-wise - to not make an announcement after the signee has already confirmed it on social media.

Get into the 21st century.

Reply #487458 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Geez, we might be pretty average this season

Reply #487459 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Barring some out-of-this-world chemistry and overachievement, I think the Sixers will drop out of the 4.

Reply #487460 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Agree with you Mick,not as strong as last year.

Reply #487461 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Adelaide to finish 5th or 6th

Reply #487463 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

perhaps we owed gibson some backpay

Reply #487464 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

It's a business so who knows may be another deal is in the works and Montreal isn't guaranteed but was a fall back if the nba d leaguer doesn't work out.

Reply #487466 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I reckon there's 80-85ppg of scoring there, so success will have a fair bit to do with how much they can capitalise on Johnson leaving at the defensive end, which in itself could generate more points.

Reply #487467 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Pretty poor really. The Sixers want us to continue to support the club and they do nothing to excite or keep us informed and do nothing to attract new fans.

- No promotion of the club anywhere
- The site is still in last season mode
- You can't even buy any merchandise - nothing available for half of last season and now the on line store still says "new store coming soon"

Supposed to be a professional organisation!

Reply #487468 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Looking at the photo, that contract isn't very big, like 2 pages? From my admittedly limited knowledge of contracts I would say an NBL contract was more detailed than that. Could just be a training waiver or something?

Reply #487475 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Outside of Melbourne, Perth and perhaps NZ are there any teams that could afford a roster that looks more competitive than Adelaide.

FWIW I believe the Sixers are more versatile than last season's roster and less vulnerable at the defensive end. I reckon they will surprise and, in the eyes of some punters, over-achieve.

Reply #487476 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

Mmmmm Caramello Koalas!

Reply #487479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If true

In: Wilson*, Montreal*, Crawford

Out: Ervin*, Johnson, Cadee, Carter

Reply #487481 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Big Ads, that is if anyone can make the 6.30 friday games !!!!

Check out the new thread....

Reply #487483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave
To your point it looks like at best a letter of offer or as you suggested training waiver
I suspect if this signing is true it is possible that Daequon might have jumped the gun posting before actual contracts were complete.

Reply #487490 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Once the contract has been signed by both parties it has to be ratified by the NBL.In these days of social media we find out before anything is even signed.

Reply #487512 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I concur... got to love the school charity chocolate boxes!

There were a lot of complaints about the club's efforts via social media and keeping their fans informed about stuff... Didn't they have a big general meeting about ways to improve the club at some point? Pretty sure this has come up from their end at least once...

Say what you will about the Kings posting a lot of fluff pieces in the off season, at least they put the effort in, give heads up of announcements coming soon and as soon as they can, they're updating their fans with info about signings and pre-season games and player visits/appearances...

Reply #487523 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

It's hardly unprofessional of the Sixers.

The Wildcats have done the same thing with Daniel declaring its a done deal but Marvin still talking about the final contract details imminent.

Reply #487543 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

He better lift his game as BJ Jenkins tore him up last weekend!

Reply #487747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Jenkins played on DQ? Unlikely.

Reply #487765 | Report this post

ethan  
Years ago

Other teams are signing imports from Uconn and the nba. Where do 6ers get theirs from? The SEABL!!!!

Reply #487882 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

He seems to have taken down the contract picture from his twitter

Reply #488019 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754