LC
Years ago

Aussie "NCAA Div 1 College Watch" - 2014/15 Season

We have just finished putting together the 2014/15 NCAA Division 1 college hoops list of all the Aussie men!

Aussies in College: Division I Men 2014/15

If anyone knows of anyone we inadvertently omitted, please let us know. Please also be mindful that a number of players from last season have also left school or transferred to non-DI schools.

The corresponding women's list will be released the same time next Thursday!

At this stage we are only going to be publishing the DI lists as we do not have the resources at this stage to also look at D2 and D3. If you are interested in helping, please get in touch.

Topic #35404 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good List LC.

FYI - to add to your commits list. Kyle Clark has verbally committed to Saint Mary's, same as Tanner Krebs.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/saint-mary-s

Reply #493611 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks - will add.

Reply #493630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great work.

Who will be returning to the CoE? (Men's)

And who will be added?

Reply #493637 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nobody from college can return to COE as they will be too old.

Reply #493639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC any chance of adding Guam and all other Pacific Islanders to the list, seems topical and now relevant to NBL fans

Reply #493640 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

@LC

I think the question was if you knew who was coming back to the CoE not explicitly those from your list.

I'd say most of the current U17 members already attending CoE along with the older scholarship holders that would make the U19 team. However the older boys would be only until the Worlds.

Reply #493647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kiwi's wouldn't be bad to see on your list as well. As far as I know only Tai Webster and Isaac Fotu are in D1 this year.

Reply #493648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Salt is at Virginia this season & Tohi Milner Smith is at New Mexico.

Reply #493650 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

the last anon was me sorry

Reply #493651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe I forgot those two. Isn't Smith Milner going in 2015-16 though? Mind you, I forgot about him in the first place but I seem to remember him still being in his final year of high school.

Reply #493652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the chances of some of the guys on this list making the NBA?

I know Bolden's a popular choice, but he won't be a one-and-done. Drmic is a pretty solid player and on some sites top 100 seniors and Mathiang is playing for Pitino at Louisville so he could be going somewhere.

Reply #493653 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Fotu had a decent WC's and raised his fair share of eyebrows

Reply #493654 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Smith-Milner didn't qualify academicaly for New Mexico, he is going to Polk State Junior College in Florida for the next 2 years.

The other NZ guys that are in Div 1 college that havent been mentioned are Angus Riley at Bryant University and Junior College transfer Michael Karena at Wright State. Interestingly both are Nelson guys. I also read that Zach Young from Wellington has signed with Nichols State but haven't seen any confirmation of this.

Reply #493655 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Awesome work LC.

Reply #493660 | Report this post

sharod  
Years ago

Good to know Kiwi boys Augus Riley and Karena is joining D1. Only one guard (T Web) is in D1 though. I would like to know where are the several others like Tai Wynyard and Matthew Freeman will head to. I am wondering are those top NJCAA teams competitive against mid high D1 teams?

Kiwi Boys at D1 upcoming season:
Tom Vodanovich (Sophomore) at James Madison
Tai Webster (Sophomore) at Nebraska
Michael Karena (Junior) at Bryant
Angus Riley (Freshman) at Wright State
Isaac Fotu (Junior) at Hawaii
Jack Salt (Freshman *maybe redshirt) at Virginia

Kiwi Boys at other US college system upcoming season:
Tohi Smith Milner at Polk State Junior in NJCAA

Reply #493661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is this list just Aussies (and kiwis as above) or does it include all pacific islands like Guam as well ;)

Reply #493732 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The list published to date is all just Aussies. I am currently considering an extension to possibly include the Kiwi's as well or even their own list.

James Hunter (NSW) has actually transferred from Washington State to South Dakota and I will add him to the list in tonight.

Reply #493739 | Report this post

sharod  
Years ago

My apologies for messing up this topic =P. I am just excited to share Kiwi hoops world and want to discuss about that more.

Reply #493781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would prefer to see info on Aussie GIRLS than kiwi boys, no offence but it's titled Aussies in college

Reply #493790 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And if you read my OP I state: "The corresponding women's list will be released the same time next Thursday!"

As for a Kiwi list, will see what we can rustle up in the next few weeks.

Reply #493799 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jonah Bolden ruled ineligible for UCLA for 2014/15 season die to NCAA regulations surrounding his senior year of high school.

He will remain on a full scholarship, train with the team, but cannot play for the 2014/15 season.

Reply #493892 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

If anyone knows of any 2014 Aussie freshman D1 women (just focussing on D1 for now), please post it here as I am looking to finish PnR's listing for next season.

So far I have:

Alex DELANEY / NSW / 5'10" / F / St. Francis-Brooklyn / Northeast
Stephanie COLLINS / VIC / 6’5” / C / Southern Methodist / American Athletic
Alliyah FAREO / NSW / 6’3” / F/C / Louisiana State / Southeastern
Alicia FROLING / QLD / 6’3” / F / Southern Methodist / American Athletic
Keely FROLING / QLD / 6’2” / F / Southern Methodist / American Athletic
Geraldine MCCORKEL / VIC / 6’0” / F / Idaho / Western Athletic
Carly TURNER / VIC / 5’11” / G / Saint Mary’s College / West Coast
Kristy WALLACE / QLD / 5’11” / G / Baylor / Big 12

Reply #494287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funda Nakkasoglu signs for 2014-15 with the Utah State Aggies (NCAA Div 1) ...

The Washington State University McKenzie Krystle Krystle McKenzie, G, 5-8, 0Fr. Brisbane, Australia.

Reply #494288 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks! Also note that Louise Brown from VIC is also on the Wazzu roster. Will add her too.

Reply #494303 | Report this post

H Whitemore  
Years ago

Grace Lennox from TAS is Div 1 Eastern Illinois

Reply #494310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Idaho is in Big Sky conf now

Reply #494321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kristy isn't 5'11 either lol

Reply #494326 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks for the heads up on Idaho moving from WAC to Big Sky and also on Grace Lennox.

Reply #494327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking forward to the complete list of women

Reply #494342 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The 2014/15 DI list for the Aussie Women is now available on PnR!

Aussies in College: Division I Women 2014/15

If we have inadvertently left anyone off the list, please let us know and we will fix it up ASAP.

Reply #494674 | Report this post

FalconsTV  
Years ago

LC At Gonzaga: Georgia Stirton G 5-8 Jr. JC Melbourne, Australia (North Idaho College)

Reply #494675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great looking talent in the freshman year.

Who are future commits?
Scherf ( looks like Lsu and Washington state are interested in her)
Antoniadou?

Reply #494679 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

Nice work LC

From what I heard Collins has some eligibility issues but SMU got a few very talented girls

Reply #494686 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yeah - Stirton was added this morning.

Collins does apparently have some eligibility issues - let's see how that pans out.

Reply #494689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alannah smith has several good div 1 colleges looking at her, so too Antoniadou who I have heard has some big name colleges interested but the girls seem to keep it very quiet unlike the boys.

Reply #494713 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Some more updates I will be making tonight:

Updates:

Maddie Allen - no longer at Cal Poly - she will be at Santa Clara and should be eligible to play immediately.
Maddie White - will not be back at Sth Dakota, has transferred to Cal Baptist (D2)

Missing from the lists:

Josh Spiers - MBB - Fr at LMU
Katherine Ups - WBB - Fr - Buffalo
Liisa Ups - WBB - Fr - Buffalo

Reply #494715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Collins is already at smu isn't she, will she redshirt to get her credits up

Reply #494725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Colin's isn't listed on roster is she still going?

Reply #494728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corrigan at Idaho is 6'4 although listed at 6'2. Seen her at fville and def taller

Reply #494743 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Collins was listed on the roster when I drew up the list, however she has since been removed!

It is looking doubtful that she will be suiting up this season.

Reply #494744 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Check out my latest guest appearance on SEN 1116 radio's The Flag Flyers program from earlier this week!

I talk America East hoops, covering Peter Hooley, Sam & Mike Rowley and Geremy McKay at Albany, but also Corbon Wroe, Taylor Dyson and Dougal Weit at Hartford.

SEN 1116 The Flag Flyers - 16/09/14

If you listen to the while show, it also briefly covers Jonah Bolden's situation. I come on at the 39:00min mark to talk college hoops.

Love to get your feedback and as to what you may like me to talk about more of in future - at this stage I am on every 2 weeks.

Reply #494745 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Check out my latest interview with Eastern Washington's 2012/13 Big Sky Freshman of the Year player Venky Jois.

Timeout with Venky Jois: An Eagle set to soar to new heights

Includes video highlights plus audio of my latest guest appearance on SEN 1116 radio (30-Sep) talking Aussies in Big Sky hoops.

Reply #496033 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Question is how far can Venky go???He is coming along in leaps and bounds.

Reply #496039 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Venky is a real chance for All-Conference honours this season, as is the likes of Anthony Drmic, Hugh Greenwood, Peter Hooley & Taylor Dyson IMO.

Reply #497016 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

South Australia's Peter Hooley provides his own personal insights into the pre-season ahead of Albany's efforts at an America East conference three-peat.

The puzzle of a three-peat: Same goals, new year

Albany will face some stiff opposition this year from America East rivals Hartford who feature Aussies Corban Wroe, Taylor Dyson ands Dougal Weir.

Reply #497018 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The season preview of the Aussie women in Division I hoops!

NCAA Women: 2014/15 Season Preview - a blend of old and new

Includes PnR pre-season All-Aussie team.

Reply #501500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And that's all the info they got, what about Carly Turner, div1 st Mary's
Louise Brown and crystal mac Kenzie div1 Washington state, Funda nagolouskolou or however you spell it, that's just to name a few who have gone into the div1 college ranks this year, let alone all the others still over there.

Reply #501519 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks for the constructive feedback! Good to see you are interested in the Aussie women in college this season.

All those names are on the PnR list of Aussie women in D1 hoops this season right here:

Aussies in College: Division I Women 2014/15

You can't possibly hope to cover all the girls in college this season in the one article. However, if you would like to help cover the Aussie women this season in college, please get in touch via the website. As a team of volunteers, we are always on the look out for help. So rather than be negative about the coverage that we are providing (that nobody else does), do something about it and contribute positively!

Reply #501536 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With the season on our doorstep, I take a look at some of the fresh new Aussie male faces in NCAA Division I hoops this coming season.

NCAA Men: Fresh Aussie faces 2014/15

Loads of talent coming through this season just as is the case for the women. Should be a big season ahead!

Reply #501577 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

how do you rate this batch of college players who will be graduating this year LC?

drmic is our big hope there isnt he?

drmic = euro chance?

greenwood / jeromie hill sought out by nbl clubs?

Reply #501587 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Drmic is expected for big things, also expect to see Greenwood's game go to new levels this season. I would expect to see both play pro overseas after they graduate.

Jeromie Hill is another should he be back to his best that could expect to possibly head to Europe all going well. but a definite NBL chance.

Sam Rowley is expected to have a big season also at Albany.

Corban Wroe and Dan Trist could be a genuine chance at spots on an NBL roster too. Wroe handled himself very well against SEABL and NBL opposition on their Aussie tour this year.

Iggy is also an NBL roster chance too.

Some very good players graduating after this season!

Reply #501596 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I caught up with Jeromie Hill this week. It was great to catch up and find out how he has been going in his return from injury.

The Roadrunner: Jeromie Hill's road back from injury

Expect a massive year from the 6'8" forward from QLD.

Reply #501700 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With the season getting under way this weekend, it is time to preview the cream of the crop - the top 10 Aussies in college hoops to look out for this season.

NCAA Men: All-Aussie Pre-season Picks

Who is my pre-season pick of the year? Do you agree with me?

Reply #502285 | Report this post

Bronco Fan  
Years ago

Anthony Drmic is a GUN. Next Aussie in the NBA!

Reply #502340 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ben Simmons (LSU) and Michael Wearne (Eastern Washington) both signed their NLI's today.

Recruiting Update - November 13 | Ben Simmons signs with LSU; Wearne signs to EWU

Reply #502482 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

More Aussies signed NLI's today, including Deng Adel to Louisville and Tanner Krebs to Saint Mary's. Also Chier Maker, cousin of Thon, signed with Portland.

Recruiting Update - Early NCAA Signing Period (UPDATES)

Reply #502552 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NCAA starts tonight, 12 midnight AEDST!!!

Eastern Washington vs Texas Southern is the very first game of the season, featuring Aussies Venky Jois, Daniel Hill & Felix von Hofe.

Watch live online for free via:

http://www.americaonesports.com/bigsky.asp

Reply #502655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep an eye out for Matt Jackson starting in his first game for Grand Canyon University vs the might that is Kentucky @ Kentucky!!. Fantastic achievement

Reply #502661 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Awesome!

Reply #502667 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Watch Anthony Drmic, Igor Hadziomerovic & Nick Duncan in action for Boise State vs San Diego live online today from 10:30am AEDST here:

http://www.lmulions.com/collegesportslive/?media=468360

Reply #502727 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Watch High Greenwood in action for New Mexico and Ben Wilson for Idaho State today form 2pm AEDST online here via the Mountain West Conference website:

http://www.themwc.com/#!/watch-live#8847

Reply #502730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Sam Daly is playing for Grand Canyon vs UK...

Reply #502731 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #502843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the guy who wrote the top 10 Australians to watch on the Pick and Roll website, do you think you should have included Deng Deng at Baylor?

Just top scored in his first D1 college game coming off the bench for a big time college in a big time conference.

Reply #503052 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It is hard to include a first year junior transfer on a pre-season list when it is hard to assess how his game will translate to D1. He was in my "Fresh new Faces" article though, as was Emmett Naar who also had a very strong first game for Saint Mary's too.

There is no denying the fact that Deng Deng a great first game for Baylor - let's now see if he can continue and work his way into my top 10 end of season list which is far more important! He will certainly feature in my recap this week.

Reply #503076 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Australian men are primed for a massive year of college hoops, led by some outstanding talents both old and new. All the preseason predictions and hype are all out the window and the real thing begins. So who were the Aussies in action across the opening days of the season that impressed the most? I do my best in providing a recap as to how I see it.

NCAA Men: Jois leads the Aussie charge

Reply #503289 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The new NCAA Women season is underway and Michael De Lacy takes a look at the action and the big standouts in the first week of NCAA Aussie Women.

Whittle doubles up and Froling twins impress early on

Reply #503911 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

- Crickets -

Reply #503971 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I appreciate that you now have your own website to run and promote, but I enjoyed these threads far more when information on the standout performances was immediately available. Clicking through to another site to see whether there is going to be anything of interest? No thanks.

I understand the amount of work that must go in to compiling this information, but this year's thread is largely full of unhelpful click bait.

Reply #503992 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No problem. Each to their own.

FYI I was more referring to the absence of comments relating to the women.

If you want the updates for the daily performances, then follow OzBallPnR if you have a twitter account.

Reply #503995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say the absence of comments re the women is due to those who follow the women not wanting to be told"who cares" and "no ones interested in the women" when comments are made. I follow both but have seen this happen with every mention of the women, so don't blame them if they don't bother coming back.
But thanks for the info it is nice to see some news on our female players off in college, and great to see them doing well.

Reply #504023 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

What a big week it has been for the Aussies in the NCAA! Overtime thrillers, big double-doubles, game-winners and upset wins aplenty.

Gaels remain unbeaten, Jois helps upset Indiana

Reply #504210 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

So who do you think has been the best Aussie male so far this season?

Jois / Drmic / Trist / Hill

For mine, Jois has been the standout so far. Drmic not far behind, with Hill and then Trist closely following.

Reply #504278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood has been pretty solid also. Scoring, assists, defence up on last year along with solid ball handling and low turnover rate.

I think jois as a 6'8 sf, drmic as a 6'6 sg and greenwood as a 6'3 pg have a possible future with the boomers.
Although... they do have hugely talented younger competition coming up behind them.

Just Look at the talent coming through... Off the top of my head.
23 under men?
Pg 6'6 Exum/6'5 white/6'3 greenwood/6'0 owies/6'1 dufelmeier/6'4 hadziomerovic/6'1 naar/6'1 wearne/6'2 bhinder etc
Sg 6'7 Adel/6'6 drmic/6'2 vasljevic/6'4 Wilson/6'5 krebs/6'4 hooley/6'5 Healy etc
Sf 6'10 Simmons/6'10 bolden/6'7 McVeigh/6'8 jois/6'8 deng deng/6'8 cooks/6'8 purchase/6'8 pinder etc
Pf 7'1 T.Maker/6'10 Mathiang/7'0 acuil Joseph/6'9 mading/6'10 m.maker/6'8 hill/6'8 Duncan/6'8 rowley etc
C 7'0 Humphries/6'10 froling/7'0 Malone/6'11 landale/7'1 perry/6'10 Hunter etc

Reply #504284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, good to see you covering the womens' college players. It must be hard - my best guess is your list only captures around 50% of the athletes who are there.

It also feels like unless you are writing about one of the old Tigers dynasty families who over-promote their very mediocre kids you don't really have much content.

Reply #504287 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The latest NCAA recap of the Aussie women is now up;

NCAA Women: Barr leads an impressive group of Aussies

Some really good performances across a wide number of players, including some promising freshman too who appear tonne getting some really good burn.

Reply #504736 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Another big week of Aussie performances in the NCAA by the men. Probably not hard to work out who the PoTW is this time around...

NCAA Men: Jois and the Eagles flying high

Albany's Sam Rowley made a very good case for player of the week honors with two double-doubles and Jeromie Hill was his consistent self yet again. However there is only one guy who was in the running this week. Guess who?

Reply #505083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Venky in beast mode.

Reply #505085 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Two interviews with a couple of talented Aussie players on Melbourne's SEN 1116 sports radio show The Flag Flyers this morning...

Soundcloud - The Flag Flyers: Venky Jois Interview 9-Dec-14

Soundcloud - The Flag Flyers: Anthony Drmic Interview 9-Dec-14

Reply #505935 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The weekly NCAA recap for the men is up. Who is POTW?

Another week of big performances, late game heroics and Aussie rivalry in the NCAA...

Jois named Big Sky player of the week with another 38 points

Reply #506261 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The weekly NCAA men's recap is up - another big week of performances involving the Aussies.

NCAA Men: Hooley leads Great Danes to victory

Hooley hit 4/9 triples on his way to 20 points that came with 3 rebounds and 2 assists to help notch up the Great Danes first win in 5 outings.

Reply #507222 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The weekly recap for the NCAA Division I women is back, with more terrific performances yet again.

NCAA Women: Barr on a scoring spree

Reply #507310 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Some more big performances by the Aussie men this past week.

NCAA Men: Jois soars past 1,000 career points

Reply #507662 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The latest women's recap is now up on PnR:

NCAA Women: Sheedy and Froling impress

Reply #508609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great coverage of the women thanks

Reply #508622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steph Bairstow has left Utah and is back in Brisbane.

Reply #508636 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks for the update on Bairstow. Any further details?

This week's women's update is now up. Wallace named Big 12 co-Freshman POTW and Nicholson WCC POTW.

NCAA Women: Wallace named Big 12 Co-Freshman Player of the Week

Reply #509403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is your choice for POW, ? or NCAA POW, as ESPN have someone from Miami as the leagues POW.
Good to see our Aussie girls doing so well though

Reply #509411 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Aussie female POTW chosen by TeamPnR's Michael De Lacy!

Reply #509442 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Aussie men have been in outstanding form since Christmas, including Dan Trist of Lafayette being named Patriot League POTW!

NCAA Men: Trist named Patriot League player of the week

Reply #509443 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Kristy Wallace of Baylor has been named Big 12 Freshman POTW for the second straight week!

Reply #509569 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anthony Drmic is undergoing his ankle surgery today.

Reply #509819 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Greenwood is going OK. Look further into the stats - specifically the shooting %.

Averaging 11ppg which is a big of a jump of the previous season (7ppg).

But the increase is only because he is shooting more shots (yet his % is going down).

Shooting 30% from the field and 29% from 3..really not healthy %'s.

Reply #509820 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agreed with Greenwood. Has been up and down from a shooting perspective, but he continues to do all the intangibles.

Reply #510492 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow what a season so far! The Aussie NCAA Division 1 women are definitely out to impress and Michael De Lacy yet again takes a look at the action and the standout performances for the last week.

NCAA Women: Nicholson fires the Gael's while Wallace does it again

Reply #510493 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Putting together any preseason rankings is always a difficult task and takes a lot of guesswork to get it right, especially with an influx of new players and the departure of many others. My pre-season top 10 players listing was filled with experienced seniors and some exceptionally talented players. With just over half the season now in the bag, I have conducted my mid-season re-evaluation for everyone to debate.

NCAA Men: The Top 10 mid-season review

Who is #1?

Reply #510613 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Not Aussie, but Kiwi Tai Wynyard has committed to Kentucky. Very big signing.

Tai Wynyard commits to Kentucky

Reply #511639 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The latest Aussie women's recap is now up.

http://pickandroll.com.au/ncaa-women-sheedy-comes-big/

Reply #511874 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Another big week for the Aussie women in NCAA DI hoops, with Alicia Froling dominating and Stacey Barr impressing while Kristy Wallace's Baylor racked up win No. 18 in a row.

NCAA Women: Alicia Froling dominates for the Mustangs

Reply #512873 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

While this is not about any Australian players in college hoops, it provides some indication that Steph Curry's college (Davidson) is open to recruiting an Aussie - direct from the coach...

Coach McKillop on Steph Curry, his impact at Davidson and recruiting

Reply #513014 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Aussie women have been doing well over in the NCAA.

Some massive performances by a few of the girls this past week.

NCAA Women: Seekamp, Barr and Alicia Froling fill it up

Reply #514351 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Three Aussie men have received Player of the Week awards in over the past few weeks directly as a result of their stellar on court performances headlined by Sam Rowley and Dan Trist who each earned the accolade over consecutive weeks.

NCAA Men: Trist on fire, Rowley and Albany unbeaten

Reply #514656 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Love your work LC.Always find it an interesting reading.

Reply #514661 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I concur...

Reply #514662 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks guys...labour of love!

Reply #514669 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The girls from Down Under are making their presence well and truly known in the NCAA Division 1 competition. But while these young ladies are making a big difference in America, you can be sure that they still call Australia home. Michael De Lacy takes a look at the action and calls out the best performances for these great Australian ambassadors over the past week.

NCAA: Stacey Barr blazes with scoring spree

Reply #516378 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

A nice Q&A with South Australian star Nicole Seekamp of South Dakota.

Timeout with Nicole Seekamp: A much loved Coyote

Reply #517475 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Abiola Akintola has committed to Denver!

Abiola Akintola signs with the University of Denver

Reply #517694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like a top school, great news and best of luck to Abi.

Reply #517704 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Last week's player of the week was high-scoring senior guard Stacey Barr. This week is no different, with Barr once again earning the spotlight after maintaining her outstanding on court performances.

Kristy Wallace's Baylor secured their 25th victory in a row and their 18th straight at home after defeating TCU 91-75 in front of big crowd of 9,521 Lady Bear fans. The victory earned Baylor their 6th Big 12 Conference title and 5th in a row.

NCAA Women: Barr’s barrage continues, Wallace a Big 12 champion

Reply #517746 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Dan Trist has been named Patriot League POTW for the 3rd time in the past 4 weeks and for the 4th time this season!

Reply #517849 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With March finally here, it means conference tournament time, with everyone jostling to secure a ticket to the 2015 edition of the coveted NCAA tournament.

I take the time to preview the teams that I believe have the best chances of either earning an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament or be a realistic chance at earning a ticket to the big dance via their conference tournament. This means that teams featuring great players such as seniors Jeromie Hill (Texas-San Antonio), Hugh Greenwood (New Mexico) and Corban Wroe are not featured.

So who has a shot at dancing? Let's shimmy on over and take a look...

Conference Tournament Preview: Aussies to Watch

Reply #519100 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With a number of conference tournaments starting this week, a host of Aussies of earned conference accolades. I summarise them all to date right here:

NCAA Men: Trist and Rowley headline Aussie award winners

Reply #519281 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

George Blagojevic, the 6'8 forward out of Geelong, has committed to the University of Hartford.

George Blagojevic commits to the University of Hartford

Reply #519891 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The latest update on the Aussie women in NCAA hoops, including conference tournaments and award winners.

NCAA Women: Turner soars, Nakkasoglu nets multiple honours

Reply #520981 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Freshman Alicia Froling has been going at full steam all season and has turned plenty of heads in the American Athletic Conference (AAC) with her impressive play for Southern Methodist.

Check out this great Q&A with Alicia Froling + link to her radio interview on Melbourne's SEN radio from the past week.

Timeout with Alicia Froling: Australia's next big thing

Reply #521170 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Watch LIVE on ESPN AU/NZ tonight (Sunday morning, 15/3) from 2am, Aussies Peter Hooley, Sam Rowley and Mike Rowley playing for Albany in the final of the America East tournament championship - aiming to three-peat and go dancing again.

Reply #521171 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hooley's miracle shot wins the game!

Just watched the entire game - still got goosebumps from the ending.

NCAA Men: Hooley's miracle has Albany dancing

Includes video highlights.

Reply #521193 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Venky Jois and Felix Von Hofe have helped guide Eastern Washington to a win over Montana to clinch the Big Sky Conference championship and punch a ticket to the NCAA Tournament. With the win, three more Australians will be seeing postseason action, as the team also features another Aussie in Daniel Hill

NCAA Men: Aussie Eagles soar to claim Big Sky championship

Reply #521224 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Baylor Lady Bears are now Big 12 Champions after they defeated Texas and now move onto the NCAA Tournament, Nicole Seekamp was impressive in the Summit League Tournament after she was named the Tournament MVP for the second year in a row.

NCAA Women: Baylor win Big 12 Tournament, Seekamp stars!

Reply #521760 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

My end of season awards for the Aussie men are headlined by Dan Trist, Jeromie Hill, Venky Jois, Hugh Greenwood and Peter Hooley, including a list of every player's stats for 2014/15.

Includes player of the year, most improved, defensive player and freshman of the year plus First, Second and Third team selections.

NCAA Men: 2015 All-Australian Awards

Reply #524904 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Six Aussie men have placed their names on the list of transfers...

Geremy McKay | Albany
Marley Biyendolo | Pepperdine
Joshua Oswald | Miami (OH)
Jaryd Eustance | Miami (OH)
Cade Towers | Nicholls State
Matt Hancock | Lamar

NCAA Men: McKay one of six Aussies transferring

Reply #525406 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The PnR end of season Aussie awards for the women were long overdue and are now up for review and debate thanks to Michael De Lacy.

Stacey Barr headlines the awards winners.

NCAA Women: 2015 All-Australian Awards

Reply #527102 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754