hoopa
Years ago

NBL Depth Charts

Hey Guys,
Just wondering what you guys reckon each teams depth chart will look like?
cheers

Topic #35617 | Report this topic

rockets fan  
Years ago

perth

Martin/U'u/Beal
Beal/Ross
Daniels/Hire/Ross
Redhage/Wagstaff
Knight/Jervis/Wagstaff

Reply #496980 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Breakers at full strength
Jackson/Carter/Webster
Webster/Te Rangi/Carter/Abercrombie
Abercrombie/Te Rangi/Bailey/Vukona
Vukona/Wesley/Ibekwe/Bailey
Pledger/Ibekwe/Wesley

Reply #496985 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Haven't seen Mitch Norton this preseason due to injury, so not sure if he or Steindl is starting for Townsville in the backcourt alongside Markovic, but assuming Steindl gets the nod and they go big I think it will look like:

Markovic / Norton / Djeric
Steindl / Djeric / Norton / Markovic / Blanchfield
Blanchfield / Henry / Steindl
Conklin / Holmes / Henry / Blanchfield / Steindl
Gladness / Vanderjagt / Conklin

So many guys who can legit play multiple positions will give Shawn Dennis lots of flexibility. Hopefully he doesn't suffer under a burden of choice and finds what works pretty quickly. In this competition there really isn't much time to be figuring things out on the fly.

A lot hinges on how Steindl goes as that secondary ballhandler. From the small sample size I saw in the preseason, he actually surprised me and looked a lot better than I thought he would. If there's flashbacks to the dark ages of Peter Crawford playing the two guard and us getting destroyed by every team that runs a trap, then he's going to have to come off the bench with Norton starting instead. I know that Shawn Dennis doesn't tolerate two guards who can't handle the ball, so I trust him to make the right decision with that one.

That aside, this is the best the Crocs have looked going into the season, 1-10, in at least five years, maybe longer.

The only question mark I see is the Steindl-as-secondary-ballhandler experiment (and whether he can guard quicker twos at that position), which is refreshing because I'm used to seeing a big question mark at every single position with this club.

Go Crocs?

Reply #496999 | Report this post

Carež  
Years ago

Hawks will probabely look like this
# ervin/cooks (carson)
# carson/demos (ervin)
# coenraad/hill (forman)
# forman/ballinger (gruber, davidson)
# gruber/nevill (davidson)

Reply #497009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Level of advertising and exposure need for the league required is at this level let's say
current level of advertising and exposure the league enjoys

there's your depth chart

Reply #497261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C'mon all you United supporters out there, give us the Melbourne depth chart picture!

Reply #497268 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Melbourne's depth chart will look impressive, but when you factor in their coach and their attitude then the results probably won't be.

Too early to call where they end up on the ladder. Top 2 on paper, but ...

Reply #497280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep the but being Anstey

Reply #497293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754