NBAfan
Years ago

Joe Ingles Time up?

I can see so far from the Clippers V Golden State Game that Ingles is getting no time - Cunningham is getting time and is playing reasonably well.

I'm hoping not, but perhaps Doc has made up his mind to cut him, or on a more positive look at, looking to keep him and doesn't need to give him another run.

hard though with Ingles played the other day and did practically nothing, while Cunningham is racking up the stats.

Topic #35724 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

id say its either Chris Douglas Roberts or Ingles for the 15th spot

Reply #499225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's fair to say the coach has seen enough. Either enough to cut him or enough to keep him at the end of the roster and reassess him down the track. Making the rotation was always going to be a long shot and he'd be getting minutes if that was the intention.

Reply #499226 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He needs the ball, lots of touches and the right to freelance to be effective.

He isn't good enough to earn those privileges in the NBA.

And he struggles to play off the ball.

So it was always going to be a struggle.

I honestly think Brad Newley would be a better fit in the NBA at this point. He doesn't need a tonne of touches to be effective and can play within a system better IMO.

Reply #499229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised he chose the clippers with the depth they have at that position and being that he had offers from other NBA teams

Reply #499231 | Report this post

scopes44  
Years ago

Rivers started Ingles in one game, giving Cunningham same opportunity in a preseason game. It is already said it's between ingles and Cunningham for last roster spot.
Ingles shows he is the glue and Cunningham showing he can score in this game.
I think he is a chance to be between d league and on team.
They seem to like him also.

Reply #499232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the story with Reggie Bullock? What did he do in his two starts? Ok from another point if view, who else on this team is a willing passer? Joe had two dimes in his five minutes if junk time while everyone was looking for their shot. I reckon Doc's made up his mind. Bullock gone, Turk gone. Ingles makes it.

Reply #499236 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Mick agreed. I think Newley's game would suit the NBA better. Joe is a top quality player but he doesn't play well off the ball. he needs lots of touches as you said.

Reply #499239 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Joe has showed he can stick it with the big guys, his passing level is NBA level. His Bball IQ is also. Joe is an NBA player he is just nervous as hell out there! Hopefully Brett Brown takes him?

Reply #499242 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Just in time to come back home for a few months and save the sixers season.

Reply #499243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe he chose the Clippers over Brett Brown and the 76ers. It'll be interesting to see if he goes there if the Clippers waive him

Reply #499248 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Ingles has a guaranteed contract. Without having read the CBA, does that not guarantee him a roster spot, or just guarantees him the cash if he is cut?

Reply #499311 | Report this post

@Libertine  
Years ago

No, Ingles doesn't have a guaranteed contract.

Reply #499314 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

David Pick:

Joe Ingles free agent contract with the Clippers is a guaranteed minimum deal worth $507,336.

Reply #499320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It just guarantees him if he is cut.. Clippers will still have it count against the salary cap this year so I don't see him getting cut unless they are truly dissapointed in him for whatever reason

Reply #499326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the guarantee just means he gets the money (or a large portion of it) and would still count against the cap.

No such thing as a guaranteed roster spot in the NBA.

Reply #499328 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

Could be a Marquee player over here then.... MMMMmmmmmm DEAN, DEAN.. GET ON THE PHONE NOW...

Reply #499337 | Report this post

scopes44  
Years ago

Joe himself many times says its not guaranteed. Yet the media says it is. I think id listen to Joe himself.
Both CDR and Cunningham playing in this game. No Joe yet. Interesting.
Looking at hoopshype they announce if players waived and they get probably about 35-45k for being at training camp. Then get signed for D-league.
Joe may find more opportunities elsewhere.
I hope he sticks around with Clips tho.

Reply #499338 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not a bad thing if he gets cut.

$500k salary, gets to train with and against best players in the world and has access to some of the best facilities and support staff in the world (including Doc), living in LA and keeping game fit in the D-League.

Reply #499447 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If he gets cut he might see what he can get until Christmas and then look for a deal with a big Euro club that are making some changes. Macabbi could certainly do with him back, they don't have a team full of playmakers this season.

Reply #499448 | Report this post

mb34st  
Years ago

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/23/eric-bledsoe-crosses-jared-cunningham-off-the-court-literally-video/

Don't write Joe off yet .....

Reply #499451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After watching the Clippers game today vs Portland, unfortunately looks like Cunningham will get the nod over Ingles...
Cunningham played a lot more mins and played well for 12 points off the bench.

Reply #499711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles waived.. It's official. Time to make a call 36ers.

Reply #499770 | Report this post

who me  
Years ago

Not sure how to share link, but looks like Motum's gone from Utah too!

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/24767823/clippers-waive-joe-ingles

Reply #499772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If he gets cut he might see what he can get until Christmas and then look for a deal with a big Euro club that are making some changes. Macabbi could certainly do with him back, they don't have a team full of playmakers this season."

He's been nothing more than a bit part part minor role player the whole time he's been in Euroleague. He's a guy that would play something like 8-10 minutes, or even not even get in the game at all in any important games for his Euroleague teams time after time after time after time after time.

Supposedly that was all just his coach in Barca and was just because of favoritism towards European players and would all change when he went to Maccabi and played for an American coach in David Blatt....he played even less in that team than he did at Barca.

I'm not saying he isn't a talented player. He is a very, very talented player. He's actually an extremely talented player.

But no, he isn't that good. He was pretty much cast off by both of his Euroleague teams that basically could not wait to get rid of him. They still had team options on him and both cut him loose, after barely even letting him see playing time.

That should tell you something. It's one thing if one team does it, but when two teams in a row do it, back to back, two different coaches, two different teams, in two different national leagues, in two different countries - something is wrong.

And now right if the bat the Clippers cut him also. Which makes 3 teams in a row.

There is no denying he has talent. Anyone can see he does. But anyone that isn't a massive homer and hugely in denial can also see that none of these teams thinks he is good enough to play off the ball, and that he isn't good enough to play with the ball either, and unfortunately for him, he only knows how to play with the ball.

Just because it is good enough for the Aussie NT, does not mean it is good enough for any actual serious teams outs there. It obviously was not good enough for Barca, Maccabi or the Clippers.

And people are always here saying he can just go sign with a big Euro club any time he wants to but that's dream land stuff. After you ride the bench and barely contribute for years in two big Euro clubs, you don't get another contract in another big Euro club.

You might get a contract in a Eurocup club in Russia, or you might get a SMALL contract in a Euroleague club. Completely different reality from what people here think.

There are like 15 NBA rotation players from just last year right now in Euroleague that are not even playing in "big Euro clubs", which is what everyone thinks he could just walk into.

No way in hell. His standing in Europe after not cutting it in both Barca and Maccabi would be greatly diminished.

Hell there are several NBA starters that had to sign with EUROCUP clubs. No big Euro clubs are offering anything to someone like Ingles.

Reply #500124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ True, yet he consistently performs on the international level. That must hold some water somewhere in this equation.

Reply #500130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754