Rav
Years ago

Joe Ingles and Brock Motum cut by NBA teams

Link Below:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/basketball/aussie-basketballers-joe-ingles-and-brock-motum-cut-by-nba-teams/story-e6frf3f3-1227102512470?sv=bbb4215af9e4b7feb88d9fa375ba5ff6#itm_s=foxs&itm_t=home&itm_c=content-3&itm_o=6&itm_l=Fox%20Feed%20-%20Ingles%20and%20Motum%20cut%20by%20NBA%20teams

Both players are now placed on waivers, but still have a chance to fulfil their NBA dreams if other teams decide to pick them up.

Will be interesting to see if Memphis has another look at Ingles?

Topic #35744 | Report this topic

scopes44  
Years ago

Not to mention jordan vandanberg. Three aussies in one day. Eek. I think joe is only chance of sticking.

Reply #499785 | Report this post

Kan  
Years ago

I can see Motum having more chance of getting picked up than Ingles. Ingles has all the tools but is just too passive.

Reply #499792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are all the haters now who said they wouldn't make it?

Reply #499805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any chance Motum or Ingles end up as 36ers??

They would have had there contracts paid out right, so made big bucks already, right?

Im pretty sure Joey knows Motum im pretty sure he mentioned that in a article in the past and Ingles is a SA guy,

i hope the 36ers atleast make the phone call.

Reply #499807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you know Vandanberg over the last 10 years you would know why he was cut

Reply #499817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was signed to go to the d league. Nothing more nothing less. This is becoming common practice in the nba. Rules is if they are on your nba roster your d league team has the first right to have them. Case in point....

Reply #499840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rule is*

Reply #499841 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Would love to see Motum on the Sixers if they could afford him! Would be good to bring Ingles home too, but not as good a fit on the current team, with Creek developing nicely in the small forward role.

Reply #499855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How funny is 499817, he obviously has no idea, over the last 10 years he has spent 5 of those years in the USA.
Do you think after playing summer league and then being signed on with the knicks they would say, "Oh we buggered up lets delist him after 2 days." I think they would have done their research long before they signed him up, just quietly. Oh, and here is a highlight videp for your enjoyment. 7 foot guys don't grow on trees fortunately/unfortunately and I think he is still an unpolished diamond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_g4isEHZPQ

Reply #499860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Wilson and Creek out injured for a few weeks, if either or both were looking to come home, even short term, they would be great injury replacements.

Id be happy to swap Wilson out for Ingles permanently and the get Motum for Montreal, obviously very unlikely but would be awesome!

How good would a team of this be!!

Gibson/Daly
Ingles/Teys
Creek/Crawford
Petrie/Anthony
Motum/Schenscher

Reply #499881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, Using the word diamond loosely of course!

Reply #499904 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Ingles has been signed to Utah on waivers. I hope he makes this roster... He's too got to not be in the league

Reply #500092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He's too got to not be in the league"

He's been nothing more than a bit part part minor role player the whole time he's been in Euroleague. He's a guy that would play something like 8-10 minutes, or even not even get in the game at all in any important games for his Euroleague teams time after time after time after time after time.

Supposedly that was all just his coach in Barca and was just because of favoritism towards European players and would all change when he went to Maccabi and played for an American coach in David Blatt....he played even less in that team than he did at Barca.

I'm not saying he isn't a talented player. He is a very, very talented player. He's actually an extremely talented player.

But no, he isn't that good. He was pretty much cast off by both of his Euroleague teams that basically could not wait to get rid of him. They still had team options on him and both cut him loose, after barely even letting him see playing time.

That should tell you something. It's one thing if one team does it, but when two teams in a row do it, back to back, two different coaches, two different teams, in two different national leagues, in two different countries - something is wrong.

And now right if the bat the Clippers cut him also. Which makes 3 teams in a row.

There is no denying he has talent. Anyone can see he does. But anyone that isn't a massive homer and hugely in denial can also see that none of these teams thinks he is good enough to play off the ball, and that he isn't good enough to play with the ball either, and unfortunately for him, he only knows how to play with the ball.

Just because it is good enough for the Aussie NT, does not mean it is good enough for any actual serious teams outs there. It obviously was not good enough for Barca, Maccabi or the Clippers.

And people are always here saying he can just go sign with a big Euro club any time he wants to but that's dream land stuff. After you ride the bench and barely contribute for years in two big Euro clubs, you don't get another contract in another big Euro club.

You might get a contract in a Eurocup club in Russia, or you might get a SMALL contract in a Euroleague club. Completely different reality from what people here think.

There are like 15 NBA rotation players from just last year right now in Euroleague that are not even playing in "big Euro clubs", which is what everyone thinks he could just walk into.

No way in hell. His standing in Europe after not cutting it in both Barca and Maccabi would be greatly diminished.

Hell there are several NBA starters that had to sign with EUROCUP clubs. No big Euro clubs are offering anything to someone like Ingles.

Reply #500121 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

What position did Jazz want Brock to play? I thought I read somewhere that he was tried as a SF, which probably didn't suit him as much as PF

Reply #500474 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754