Jick
Years ago

My take on the NBL teams

My take on the NBL teams:
NZ: Will go good this year, crashing the boards all day all day. Wouldn't be surprised if they won the whole damn thing.

Perth: Hello? Hello? Where are points going to come from. Damien Martin couldn’t hit a barn. But their D is up in your face and they’ll protect the rim like the crown jewels. probably finish regular season on top.

Adelaide: Bloody good side who can make you look foolish. Lots of steals and assists here. Schenser will reject any crap around the rim and Gibbo will sledge blokes and
bring the ball up the court well. Will get better as the year goes on. Good side!

Sydney: Nothing much going on here, but I like Joyce and Dunker, good players who can come off the bench and make a few highlight reels. Some of the starters are bums

Cairns: Scotty Wilbekin will be MVP and they might ride on the back of him to the big one where they will struggle to beat NZ or Adelaide

Townsville: Need to post up hard and get some screens and picks going for Conk and company. Could dominate tip offs but overall probably won’t be playing finals.

Woolongong: Should recruit the likes of Seth Curry or an Anthony Morow type to just bomb from the deep and complement the other plqayers.

Melbourne: Rate other sides above them but you never know with these blokes shaking off the shackles of a dud coach.

Topic #35791 | Report this topic

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

Pure drivel.

Clearly an Adelaide booster.

Reply #500730 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Inaccurate but mildly amusing.
"Adelaide a bloody good side"
"Schenser will protect any crap around the rim"
"Like Joyce and Dunker, some of the starters are bums"

Reply #500731 | Report this post

Tim Duncan  
Years ago

I'm baffled by the description of Townsville dominating tip-offs?

Oddly enthusiastic about Sydney's bench players.

Reply #500734 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That is an ... interesting take on the competition.

Reply #500738 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Reply #500742 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Is it opposite day today ?

Reply #500743 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

You know, Ive been coming here for a while and I only just realised hoops.com.au was a SA based forum on Basketball.

Reply #500744 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Venom,

If this is all the Bothans could dig up, then I'd say the furry buggers had it coming.

Reply #500746 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

"You know, Ive been coming here for a while and I only just realised hoops.com.au was a SA based forum on Basketball"

The S.A. thing is the main thing holding the place back. Too many one eyed clowns on here.

Reply #500751 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

You forgot the Gold Coast Rollers.

Reply #500752 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The first two weren't too bad, but it was all downhill from there...

Reply #500776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dick was the OP.

Reply #500815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jick are sure its not dick

Reply #500952 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Who's the OP's dealer and where can we get some?

Reply #500956 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754