Anonymous
Years ago

SEABL 2015.

I see Bendigo continue their recruiting tradition of luring proven imports from other clubs to Bendigo.

Tony Lewis is a good get for them.

Must suck being other clubs who develop their studs knowing sooner or later they'll end up in Bendigo, but that's life.

Topic #35932 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Studs?

Reply #503313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's what Bendigo do. They are cashed up. Vigor, Tony Lewis and an import guard (rumoured to be BJ Jenkins) will be a tough line-up. Although they did have Ivan Mcfarlin, Jazzmarr and Garlepp and didn't even make a Conference Final so maybe the problem isn't the players?

Reply #503315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ho wmuch developing did Dandy do. The guy is an import her arrived here selling his services as is. He is now signed elsewhere get over it.

Reply #503323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much developing did Dandy do? The guy is an import, he arrived here selling his services as is. He is now signed elsewhere get over it.

Reply #503324 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Tony will gladly tell you DP helped him improve his game.

Reply #503325 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

amazing isn't it, Bendigo buy imports for SEABL and they are fortunate and get a great pick up......rangers do the same for WNBL and they are BUYING a team. Bendigo supporters are total hypocrites!!!

Reply #503327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting, I know people who have actually spoken with Lewis directly post season and he has told them he tried to resign with Rangers.

Mentioned things never really progressed as Rangers CEO made the discussions difficult and didn't really want him around

Apparently Toney Lewis and Perry have a good relationship, however Perry was handcuffed to CEO and wasn't able to change or contribute to make it happen for Lewis returning

I was told It was Tony's decision to leave and the above contributed and supported the decision to look elsewhere.

Reply #503329 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Imports are professional, not semi-pro like their teammates (stating the obvious i know)

However many of these SEABL imports have a family they are providing for, so if they get a better deal financially. They are silly not to take it or at least seriously consider

Reply #503343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That CEO for Dandenong will be the demise of that club

Reply #503344 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

It was an offer that was bigger than Dandenong were willing to pay.. Seriously, if people knew the whole story.. DP doesn't get credit that he deserves. He not only coaches these guys but he goes into bat for them. It's always been do what's best for yourself with him. It's a pity the org doesn't value him more.

I hope T does well there. We know how Bendigo can get with building rosters with MVP's and stars and how that goes HAHAHAHA

Reply #503355 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Harvey's last season either way I would think.

Reply #503365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure that's correct Solid Moves. Agree Perry does support his players however don't discount the attitude of the CEO.

Apparently the old "budget" excuse came up with the TL discussion.
After dominating the league and winning MVP discussions went south when CEO stepped in.
Apparently CEO also tried to mess with players final payments post season which didn't sit well.

Will be interesting if Montreal hangs around? With Tony gone Perry cant afford to lose both. I bet Montreal is really looked after now.

Good luck to Tony Lewis, all around nice guy. Plays hard and has been solid for three years in SEABL. Big get for Bendigo which will see them back in finals next season for sure.

Reply #503367 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sounds like a carbon copy of Frankston....

Reply #503373 | Report this post

Pud  
Years ago

Agree about Frankston Anon. I think Dandy Board will see through a poor CEO, where as Frankston Board have no clue.

Reply #503391 | Report this post

clubland  
Years ago

Don't tell me a basketball CEO was actually concerned about a budget.

Fantastic news as far as I am concerned. SEABL budgets have been way too high given the yield that is gained from a SEABL team.

Reply #503394 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Every business runs to a budget but its about being open and transparent with people.Tell the coach his budget and let him do his job.Don't keep moving the goal posts all the time. If your not sure be conservative.

Reply #503396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pud - Current Dandy board won't see through anything, they employed the current CEO, and he's really not been good for this club from day one. Far too many good coaches have walked, and players not returned due to him.
The actual program for juniors is going down the gurgler, they may be getting more teams in all age groups but the quality of coaching is getting so poor it doesn't look good for future years. It's all about the $, they need to look at the long term picture not short term, might be saving and bringing in dollars right now but at what cost.
Already SEABL men are paying dearly.

Reply #503403 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

I think you'll find it is.. But we're all allowed to have different opinions and stick to our own heard whispers. It's what makes this forum great!

From possibly the most credible of credible sources i was told that last season another player wanted just a touch more than Dandy were willing to pay.. So in goes Perry talking to both sides and eventually the player gets his or close enough to his amount and they get his signature. Shows his true character about wanting the best for the player and the person. Great bloke, always willing to chat or say G'Day.

The juniors are only there to fund the WNBL if you ask some people.. That shows you where SEABL sits and how they would have not been able or willing to match what Tone got offered. Some may say it's a good financial decision while others may disagree. I can see both sides to it.

As for your comments on Montreal.. After the way they treated him, I wouldn't blame him for not going back..

But anyway, enough of this one. The word is BJ Jenkins for the 2nd Import spot, I wonder if that will come true.

Reply #503404 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I thought BJ Jenkins was going to Bendigo.Fair to say hes going to end up somewhere in Victoria.What about Tyrone Lee?

Reply #503417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been told Dandy CEO is on a contract that expires in approx 12 months. Hopefully by then He and Mark Wright can cuddle up together and exit at the same time.

Correct - CEO at Rangers is a corporate disgrace. Typical used car salesman. Walks around like he's some big timer and he's a GM of a local sports club run by volunteers.

I heard there was a competition going on between CEO and Mark Wright. "Lets see how many players I loose compared to staff you loose"

Who's Winning?

Reply #503421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmed - Tony Lewis left Rangers after losing faith in CEO supporting imports off the floor.

Correct - CEO held final payment back from players.

Correct - He did try and resign with Rangers

Correct - CEO is a wanker.

This info comes from very reliable source and part direct from Tony Lewis.
People cant hate on Braves signing league MVP when Rangers had the chance to resign.

Apparently discussions are close with Montreal, he's been seen at stadium and word is Harms,Odigie,Enge, all resigned. Could be some Nunawading players heading to Rangers as well. United Player Chris Patton is a Dandy Junior so he might end up replacing Hobba.

Perry will have another good group with that list, however losing Lewis will hurt come end of season when it get serious.

Reply #503426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmed - Tony Lewis left Rangers after losing faith in CEO supporting imports off the floor.

Correct - CEO held final payment back from players.

Correct - He did try and resign with Rangers

Correct - CEO is a wanker.

This info comes from very reliable source and part direct from Tony Lewis.
People cant hate on Braves signing league MVP when Rangers had the chance to resign.

Apparently discussions are close with Montreal, he's been seen at stadium and word is Harms,Odigie,Enge, all resigned. Could be some Nunawading players heading to Rangers as well. United Player Chris Patton is a Dandy Junior so he might end up replacing Hobba.

Perry will have another good group with that list, however losing Lewis will hurt come end of season when it get serious.

Reply #503427 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I heard the a whisper about a couple of Nunawading guys heading down to Dandy....that could make it interesting a Nuna were pretty deep last year so couple of those young guys might look elsewhere.

Any word on Hill to Hobart?

Reply #503432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would hill go to hobart?

Reply #503435 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

It wont be for the money thats for sure...

Reply #503436 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

True HD... I didnt articulate that well.. I meant BJ to Bendigo is the one, not Dandy. My bad.

Only place not in the running would be Ballarat as they already re signed Roy Booker

Reply #503442 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Sabres resigned both imports from last year who are playing in Chile in the off season.

Reply #503444 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

I believe Ballarat are also re-signing Ken Horton.

Geelong looking to bring Kimmani Barrett back next year.

Reply #503456 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Ken Horton currently in Finland and playing well.I loved watching Kimmani Barrett.Pity he blew his knee out.Be good to get him back.

Reply #503457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on what Knox are doing? I believe a small group are training just in case.

Reply #503458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is that Lewis's agent is nothing but a trouble maker and a complete tossa.

He’s the one that’s blindly taken Lewis to where he thinks the money is at Bendigo.

Word also is that Perry is doing the players contracts and it’s up to him if Lewis stayed, not the CEO.
This seems to me to be a pretty normal process.

Word also is the Dandy CEO is doing a brilliant job with growing the place.
Domestic and championship teams are apparently on the increase, standard is also getting better with the JC program developed.

You idiots have no idea what’s really going on.

Reply #503461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches doing players contracts wouldn't be normal what so ever. IMO.

Reply #503462 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Coaches deciding on their own budget and what they can offer players in a contract isn't normal process.

Reply #503465 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Horton was a great import and paired with Booker will have Ballarat in the finals again.

If Ballarat get the right Aussie content around them they'll go pretty well again.

@Anon - Mentioned previously that Hill to Hobart was a possibility....only following up on the whisper.

No point going over old ground on Lewis its done now...regardless of how Dandy run the SEABL program they always seem to be around the mark in both Mens/Womens the last 5/6 years.

Reply #503469 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Any word on Creek back at Nunawading? wondering if Mt G are chasing him as it would seem logical due to the Adelaide connection.

Reply #503470 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Knox officially out for 2015
http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=10039&cHash=7a43244a61

Reply #503471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=10039&cHash=7a43244a61

Can all the wankers who kept on telling us all that the mighty Knox will be back because they had a inside source bla bla bla NOW SHUT UP !

Reply #503472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally a smart business decision by Knox.

Reply #503473 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Fair enough, let's hope it is only one season though...

Reply #503474 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Smart move by Knox.A step in the right direction.

Reply #503475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently some within the club tried hard to keep it alive too but it would have only delayed the process of ridding them of debt by spending good money after bad and pissed a lot of people off.

Reply #503479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty disappointing all of the above. Knox out of SEABL is really sad. Years of history and a club that should be around supporting a pathway for juniors.

As for Rangers, it's been a sad state for a couple of years. Good staff walked out, numerous complaints about management, unhappy players.

Will see how good a job the CEO has done in 12 months if he's re appointed.

If the above is true and SEABL coach is managing a budget what does that tell you about corporate governance and lack there of at Rangers.

I can share some personal information. My children have done individual training with both Montreal and Lewis. Both players made several comments to me confirming over the past three years they haven't barley spoken to CEO, and when they do it's about him chasing money for court hire.

As for having a dig at a players agent, isn't it an agencies job to source players opportunity? More money or Less a player has to agree to leave.

Very sad for Knox and writing on the wall for CEO at Rangers. I'd be looking on seek if I was him.

Reply #503481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One year out of the seabl doesn't mean they are not supporting a pathway for the juniors at all.

Reply #503485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They still have Youth League for the younger players. How many of the juniors were in the senior seabl side anyway?

Reply #503486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's good news, thought SEABL may have included Youth teams. Forgot about Big V.

That's good. Hope they come back bigger and stronger and smarter.

Reply #503487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They could sit out of SEABL for 2 years and not really impact junior development at Knox.

There's nobody coming through ready to play SEABL in the next year or 2 anyway and the current juniors in the team are benchies at best.

Reply #503488 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Dandenong may have lost an important import but the club still seems keen on doing well and is said to be targeting high profile players from near by clubs .....and they are not young players at the end of the bench .

Reply #503489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What If - No doubt, I bet they are all lining up to get involved with David Grahame.
Lucky some smart people made DG resign Perry saving the fate of the Men's SEABL program.
Without Perry DG would be in huge trouble.

Reply #503490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Allen - sign with Bendigo
Mitch Creek - Dandenong.

Reply #503492 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Most likely the players do not care about the CEO but like to play for Perry... Frankly players will get over the short time they have to deal with a CEO as long as the team atmosphere is good the money is good, their time on the court is what they want and the coach supports the team ....

Reply #503493 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Theres a Ben Allen just started at Bendigo Toyota so might be on the money.

Reply #503494 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Bendigo have announced the Allen signing earlier today.

Reply #503496 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Harvey's last attempt to win it all.

Reply #503503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#503461....... Yeah right and the pink pigs are taking off from Tula ... You believe what you want the facts are clearly there for all to see, parents coaching at rep level with absolutely no experience, players just out of juniors with absolutely no coaching experience being asked to take on teams.
A CEO who never shows his face,The DOC walks around doing nothing, yes plenty of teams being generated both domestic and rep, they bring in the dollars but absolutely not of the standard of former years. You call that progress.
Staff can't work for the CEO , coaches won't stay for either CEO or DOC, it's jobs for the boys at that place now, which is a shame as Dandenong has been such a powerhouse for so many years.
Don't know any coach that gets to call the shots as to what the budget is for a WNBL or NBL team let alone seabl.

Reply #503506 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Wow the haters from Knox that generally were all wrong are now moving onto Dandy. Frankston next?

Reply #503508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does Bendigo justify the expense of buying players like they do?

They had Ferguson, Mcfarlin, Garlepp and they couldn't win it. They get Salisbury, Wilcher and Atkinson and they can't win it, so they now go and buy Tony Lewis, Ben Allen, probably an import guard of some description.

Just to win SEABL? Really?

Reply #503523 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

You have said that already and no one responded.

Reply #503524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston ..... Who has signed ?

Reply #503526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@#503506 - Well said. Hope David Grahame is actually reading the thread. Pretty sure he does look at this feedback.
He has made comments to people he thinks are his friends.

Agree with what you have said. I hope people rally and get rid of him.
His arrogance, lack of care is a disgrace.

Appreciate the honesty.

Reply #503529 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Frankston hasn't signed a coach or any players for there mens team.Coach for there womens team has been reappointed.

Reply #503549 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Anonymous #503523 - every team "buys" players under that format. Ferguson and McFarlin - both imports. Salisbury and Atkinson - both imports. Lewis - import. And yes, I am certain they will "buy" another import guard. Imports generally do get paid, it's how they make their living.

Reply #503555 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

I do believe Beth Davis just absolutely smoked that bloke.. 2 points your way Beth, very nice work!

But on that note, if Bendigo want to spend without thought for SEABL championships then that's fine from a men's side as that's the highest it goes.. I only have an issue when like last year, they do it for the women given they have a WNBL team and I believe they should use it as a feeder. I understand there's not a lot of cohesion but still..

Honestly, I think it's good for the league. If the Braves want to bring over big names then that only means the SEABL have something else to hang their hat on promotional and product wise.Just don't do it at the expense of locals.. Recruit where you lack locally

Reply #503560 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Isn't there a rule or something preventing more than a certain numebr of non local players in SEABL teams?

I thought there was a limit, stand corrected if there isn't...

Reply #503565 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

There's no official SEABL rule. Some teams/associations have their own local content rules.

Reply #503575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting concept though worth looking at.

Maybe SEABL needs to look at bringing in a "Local player" policy.

Local player being a player that plays a min of 2 VJBL seasons with the club?

Say min of 6 for metro Teams and say 4 for Country?

It certainly might make the bigger Metro SEABL teams look at their junior programs a bit more seriously rather than letting players leapfrog their juniors, it might also reduce costs and create a bit more stability and loyalty.

Reply #503601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The limit is two imports per team,

Reply #503623 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing it up, I wasn't quite sure. Well, there is room for improvement then?

As far as SEABL goes I would prefer that it was a requirement to play SEABL that an Association had some level of locl content among it's team, however I believe there is also a limit to Big V teams and SEABL teams from a single Association or something too...?

Whatever the guidlines are, they may need to be reviewed if we are going to see local kids stay in the sport IMHO!

Reply #503634 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Showing my Albury/Wodonga bias here but a local content rule would seriously disadvantage a team like the Bandits who just don't have the local talent (or overall numbers) to draw from that the teams in the city or larger regional centres have.

Reply #503641 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Albury/Wodonga are also a stand alone club with no junior program.

Reply #503642 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

2 restricted players I think you will find is the terminology.
NBL players that play high minutes take the spot of an import.

Reply #503647 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Fair point Paul, not everywhere is the same, common sense needs to be considered of course...

Reply #503659 | Report this post

My club has a great junior program, unfortunately the SEABL coach does not have the fore-sight to come and check out for himself. DOC has big say in who is earmarked for greatness. Do not cross a DOC.

Reply #503662 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Tell who please. riddles are meaningless.

Reply #503668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo only send there 14s and 16 too VJBL and many of there players actually start at other regional clubs like Mildura, Echuca, Shep, etc. So local content rules just don't wash like they do in town. If they can find a way to fund players and convince them to move to Bendigo good for them!

Reply #503691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo probably suffers from the same problem most regional centres do in this country, for the boys it is always going to be hard to keep them from going to football.

Once they turn 16-17 they can get a decent whack of $$ playing local football and if they are any good, then it is TAC cup.

Basketball is the loser here, but what can you do about that, it's a great atmosphere and the kids see some future playing footy, but in basketball the pyramid is too steep and the dollars too low.

Reply #503740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steve Blackley to Frankston to coach

Reply #503741 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

How many guards will Hobart have. Someone said Hill to Hobart, so Wright, Masunda, Hill (no) and their back up guards plus talk of some local kid as well joining. So that's 5?

Reply #503745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballarat. Same boat as bendigo. Anthony Fisher, Shaun Bruce, Ash Constable. Bendigo........crickets chirping

Reply #503751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon G already committed to Frankston.

Reply #503753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He might be committed but Scott Christ, Simon Mitchell, Steve Blakley all have aspirations of SEABL coaching.
Who will end up with the much coveted Frankston role

Reply #503770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #503808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey fools Simon G is done, he'll be at Frankston for next 2 years.

Reply #503812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobart have only signed a coach. None of the players are contracted yet so I'd say they would still be testing the water. Surprising Hobart hasn't signed anyone yet.. I'd be trying to keep as much talent as possible seeing there isn't a whole lot to choose from down there.

Reply #503825 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Ben Allen to Bendigo (as posted in its own thread)

Reply #504005 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Bloody SEABL website... it's never been the same since BA took over.

Reply #504007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Keeping the talent at Hobart" - the talent that helped them finish next to last in their conference and was absolutely rudderless after the half way point?

Reply #504015 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

See the bit where it says local talent? The imports were the problem and not the local talent.

Reply #504032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobart were terrible. This year they were plagued with incaple coaching stadf and zero team chemistry. Itd be nice to see nbl back in Tasmania but Good luck putting in an nbl bid with such a lackluster performance in the second tier.

Reply #504297 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

One season bad out of about 20? Abymsmal performance last season for sure. Maybe like a lot of other clubs around the seabl and NBL someone needs to actually ask why this occurred.
Why not criticise all the talent Bendigo had and never made the finals?

Reply #504301 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Be interesting to see what clubs do import wise as theres still a few looking for replacements.Would Hobart chase Brandon Polk?

Reply #504318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is Pioneers gonna get to replace big shot Ben?

Reply #504324 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Pioneers might have to run with two imports.

Reply #504331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isn't Brad Hill import classed?

Reply #504338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is it with Anon and Pud always trying to turn every topic into a Frankston bashing session? Get over it...

Knox will be back. They won't be out of SEABL for long.

As for SEABL, the concern should be more aligned to the league continuing past 2015. The way this BA transition is going, the board may end up being the casualties. Very poor execution and communication with the clubs is hugely questionable. SEABL board may have read their tealeaves wrong so far.

And where are SEABL staff? All been transitioned into BA and doing their BA jobs while the Transition is far from in the bag. ALM will be one to watch.

Reply #504609 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Blind Freddy could've seen that the BA amalgamation was going to take focus away but it has been much worse than I imagined. Communication has been poor to non-existent.

Reply #504610 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Dandenong has signed Mitch Creek . Most likely C Patton and DQ will also join

Reply #504773 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

DQ resigns with Dandy but who will there 2nd import be. You might be in for a surprise....

Reply #504979 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

http://www.dandenongbasketball.com.au/News/montreal-returns-389008

Reply #504983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who will Nunawading replace Mitch Creek?
Think you should cough up who is going to replace Tony Lewis at Dandenong.
Looks like Pioneers to announce a new player tomorrow.

Reply #504985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if Creek plays too many mins a game he will be their second restricted player...

Reply #504989 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Seems Creek and DQ are the restricted players at Rangers unless the club has found a major additional sponsor .

Word is that Creek effectively has been offered what the club previously paid Tony Lewis , is he really that good ?

Should be a good front court with Creek , DQ and Patton

Reply #504992 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Second import has played in the SEABL before.

Reply #505010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can Dandenong have 3 restricted players?

Reply #505032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers have re-signed Damien Johnson and have announced signing of Tyrone Lee.

With starters of Daly, Burdon, Johnson and Lee signed and it seems logical that Hill would be back with his old man coaching means they have put together a side that will be a contender again

Reply #505047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobart getting last again.

Reply #505049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Later start for the sea on to. Early April.

Reply #505051 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

A few clubs spending up big again... hopefully a positive sign for a good season.

Reply #505053 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

It wasn't anonymous as I said above. Sorry. It was Tiger Watcher. Always on the money. NOT.

"Tiger Watcher
Last month
10:22 20 Nov 14 Reply #503432 re: SEABL 2015.
....Any word on Hill to Hobart?"

Reply #505097 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@Harry....Someone had mentioned it earlier...I was just asking if any word on developments re Hill.

Reply #505100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both equally clueless then.

Reply #505103 | Report this post

Onlooker  
Years ago

For the record 3 restricted players have been allowed before back when Herbert was playing big NBL minutes along with 2 imports.

Reply #505104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think allowance was given due to the fact Herbert being a local player who had played over X amount of games with the one club.
Not jumping from club to club like some of these guys

Reply #505108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Herbert wouldn't have played enough mpg to be a restricted player.

Reply #505110 | Report this post

Pud  
Years ago

Doesn't need me to "bash" Frankston, just ask any junior parent what they think of the club!

Reply #505114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are 3 classifications of a restricted player.

Each SEABL team can only have a maximum of three A, B or C restricted players - and no more than two A or B restricted players.

An A restricted player is any non-Australian required to hold a Foreign Players License.

A B restricted is any player who averages more than 18? minutes per game in the previous NBL/WNBL season before the January deadline or a Boomer/Opal, or played professionally in another League.

A C restricted player more than 12 mins NBL/WNBL.

As it says, only 2 fully restricted players per team and a C restricted player.

Reply #505118 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

C'mon Pud, aren't you suppose to be getting a new stadium.Only need another $10m....

Reply #505128 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Anonymous #5118

Just checking again re the combination of players that a team can have . Are you saying that a team can have 2 x A + 1 x C ?

My understanding is that if a team has 2 x A then they can not also have 1 x C player . If a team wants high quality local NBL players then can chose not to have any imports but instead have 2 x B + 1 x C classified players.

Using the combinations above this raises the question of the reported 2nd import to come for Dandenong . Given they already signed DQ ( A ) and Mitch Creek is most likely to be classified as C I see now way they can add another import . However adding Patton will not be a problem .

In the case of the Pioneers they have now listed 2 imports ( 2 x A ) and the question regarding Hill is whether he will infect play enough minutes in Sydney to even be classified as a C player . Clearly Daly is not playing enough minutes at 36ers hence he can be in the team without any problems.

cheers

Reply #505172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can have:

A + A + C
A + B + C
A + C + C
B + B + C
B + C + C
C + C + C

Reply #505173 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Thanks Anonymous #5118 .

Clearly my understanding was wrong and I am glad to be corrected .

So looks like Dandenong and Pioneers are going to be very strong ! Who else will be running 2 imports and a quality NBL player ?

Reply #505185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston

Reply #505193 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

If that the case with restricted players bendigo womens have breached that a number of times

Reply #505211 | Report this post

Pud  
Years ago

I'm actually pleased that the Libs lost the election, cause it would have been embarrassing for the Frankston management to be promised $2.5m, and then have to admit they can't afford to tip in any themselves, or even service a loan!

Reply #505213 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Hobart chasing former NBL player it seems

Reply #505216 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

$2.5m for the Frankston stadium is budgeted for so wasn't dependant on the election result.Reality is dont expect to see a new stadium anytime soon.

Reply #505219 | Report this post

Spartans  
Years ago

I just thought I would take some time out to remind everyone that the Brisbane Spartans and others outside of Victoria also play SEABL.
Love everyone's passion and while it is sometimes misplaced it is what makes our sport so great.
Admittedly not a great season of our men in 2014 but we are working hard to ensure we can compete in 2015. The start of that process was recruiting CJ Bruton to coach and take up the position of Junior Coaching.
While not having anywhere near the budget of our big brothers we commit to making our team worth watching.
Merry Xmas and may your teams win all but one ....

Reply #505262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh really? Man i though when you guys came to the Minerdome we were having a practice match or somethin?

Just do better on the imports front this year please... No more "former MVP's" who are well past their use by date.

Reply #505263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Remember the Spartans'

#No one has forgotten anyone, man!

Reply #505265 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Opacic a shock departure from the Bandits after only just re-signing for 2015. Reports are that he's moving for work & is likely to play for the Bruins in Waratah. They were looking to have a competitive team next year too.

Reply #505819 | Report this post

Nathaniel Dedman  
Years ago

Agree SEABL Watcher.. Really nice bloke too who has a lot to offer. Going to change their focus on imports now I would have thought.

The league appears to be pretty strong on paper. Cant wait till round six when we know who bring the goods and who dont

Reply #505840 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

SEABL website currently broken. Is the draw already out?

Reply #505854 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Seabl website working again no 2015 draw yet. Whats happening in round 6?
I understand that the season wont start until sometime in April.

Reply #505862 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

The draw will be out by Friday week. Season starts April 10

Reply #505887 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Interesting to see Cameron leave Nunawading...thought with there veteran group and being so close he would have hung around for another crack at it.

Reply #505907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is Mitch a confirmer departure from Nunawading?

Reply #505909 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Mitch gone signed with Dandy.

Reply #505913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone else has signed with Dandy from a rival club

Reply #505917 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

We know who it is but mums the word!!!

Reply #505919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy Days stop teasing!

Reply #505923 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Have to respect confidentiality as the players former club may not be notified.

Reply #505927 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

They have to clear that player....

Reply #505931 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Hearing around the traps that another Nunawading bench player won't be returning to the specs

Reply #505933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tiger Watcher . you are way behind this year with the news :) Anyway who ?

Reply #505936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

player in question is pretty handy. current club will need a good replacement

Reply #505937 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

He will complement that group well as he gives them a little bit of everything.

Reply #505941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I've heard the guy is pretty long

Reply #505972 | Report this post

GM1  
Years ago

I like what your doing with that Anon

Reply #505973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mongoose

Reply #505975 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Great news released down here in Geelong, KB is coming back to the Supercats next season, awesome!

The imports are going to be solid for us if they can stay healthy, looking forward...

Reply #505996 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Whats Polk up to?

Reply #506011 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hasn't resigned at Frankston. Apparently only 2 players are resigned for next year.

Reply #506015 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Any of the Knox kids getting picked up by other teams?

Reply #506026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two I know of that will be seaside

Reply #506030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats men have completed their roster signings for next year. Good stability heading into next season with minimal changes from 2014; only 2 outs and 3 inclusions (we played with roster of 11 in 2014) - except for their rookie program if they are going down that path again:

Leon O'Neill - Coach
Kimmani Barrett – return from 2012
Ash Cannan
Jack Duck - Albury-Wodonga
Eric Gaff
Alex Gynes
Nathan Herbert
Liam McInerney
Jamie Medved
Nick Owusu
Kristian Rocci
Joel Smith - new
Lewis Varley

seabl has released current signings for the mens & womens teams: http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=10050&cHash=c70c6b1bd4

Reply #506035 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Geez, another Duck to Geelong.

Will the Bandits have any locals left on the team other than a few development players>

Reply #506040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure if the paperwork hasn't been done for the Lady Supercats yet or if SEABL is just slow with things because they have no players listed for the Lady Supercats - but the article fromt he club today regarding the complete mens roster mentions that Jack is the brother of Lady Supercat Alex Duck - so sounds like she is return, while they mentioned the other night that Anna Teague is returning in 2015. Not sure of other signings, but the roster doesn't appear as empty as SEABL suggest

Reply #506045 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

I had heard today funnily enough that no one has been signed. Losing Long will be interesting.

Reply #506055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the good young Knox players said to be going to Ballarat ..who will be left , can they still make a good youth league team ?

Reply #506056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 to Ballarat, 2 to Frankston. that covers all the good ones.

Reply #506089 | Report this post

Jman  
Years ago

Long to Dandingo, Polk is searching.
Polk would be a great pick up if Someone is looking for a good person around juniors.

Reply #506409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All players will be back for Geelong plus a new addition or two with a hint that Willey may not return but my personal belief is she is in also. Geelong top gun signed a multi year contract. You wouldn't hear much about signings as geelong likes to make a splash. I think they'll keep it all in house and announce when the entire roster is complete.

Reply #506457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@anon above - Geelong announced their womens roster yesterday. Not all players back - 4 have gone for various reasons and at this stage only 3 new players. Only 11 players signed, so wonder if they have kept a spot open to see of any potential late signings:

2015 Roster
SARA BLICAVS
IZZY BRANCATISANO
ALEX DUCK
GRACE PARKER
TAYLA ROBERTS
MADDI ROCCI
EBONY ROLPH
CAITLIN SHADBOLT
ANNA TEAGUE
KATE WILLEY
CORTNEY WILLIAMSON

In:
Isabella Brancatisano (Eltham)
Maddi Rocci (Werribee)
Ebony Rolph (Geelong Big V)

Out:
Candice Rogers (retired)
Emily Koroneos (Geelong Big V)
Bianca Cheever
Brianna Massey

http://supercats.com.au/seabl-women-2015/

Reply #506503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A developing team, it will be interesting to see who the on court leader will be next season. Someone will need to step up and fill the shoes of Candice Rogers, huge loss!

Reply #506509 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Dandenong Rangers Women are super quiet, not even coach announced yet, anyone got any news on likely coach and roster, will Larissa Anderson be returning and if so will her usual group be resigned

Reply #506514 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

lol.. of course Larissa is back.. all in except maybe Sherf, Antoniardu to college.. add Steph Cumming and maybe Meinking...and off they go.

Reply #506579 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

POlk is searching because there currently is no Blues team.

Reply #506588 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Polk will get a gig its just a matter of where?

Reply #506594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

assuming polk doesn't price himself out of the market. The problem for him will be that there are so many Americans looking to play ball internationally and willing to do so for basically costs covered. Presumably this is because of their difficulty in finding employment in the USA. Why pay the coin that I expect he and someone like Tony Lewis are and have demanded when you can get someone of similar standard (maybe better) with a decent scout for probably less than half the cost? Its all about supply and demand, I dont get why the clubs pay the coin they do, there is no need too.

Reply #506877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poll stays with Frankston. Re signed yesterday.

Reply #507276 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Mark Chivers has resigned from SEABL to take CEO's role at Sandringham and Shane Harris Tunks has signed with Hobart.

Reply #508803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Polk is worth the $$$. Double double each night.

Reply #508810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston do have a team. There's plenty of players down here to have a team. Whether they are competitive or not remains to be seen.

Reply #508812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be interesting to see how well Chivers does in the real world.

Reply #508821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers may announce an import as early as next week.

Reply #508839 | Report this post

GM1  
Years ago

Who will be the leagues new GM?

Reply #508850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Quinn step up? He would have done all the work in reality and knows the place inside and out.

Reply #508856 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Quinny is deserving and would do a good job

Reply #508858 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Its Quinnys time to step up into that role if he wants it.

Reply #508870 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

Bendigo Lady Braves to announce some signings next week.

Any ideas on who?

Unsure if the CoE will exist again but I reckon Lavey will be one if it doesn't go ahead.

Reply #508874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chivers resigned but was about to be sacked as he does nothing. Quinn is a good operator

Reply #508880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sheer to return to Hobart.

Reply #508895 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Chivers always kept a low profile which is a good way to dodge the spotlight.

Reply #508897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His new boss wouldn't like to have been told no, I will do it my way not yours. Walk before being sacked.

Reply #508899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ol.. of course Larissa is back.. all in except maybe Sherf, Antoniardu to college.. add Steph Cumming and maybe Meinking...and off they go

So any news if steph Cummings will grace the rangers crts again, ?? Thought she was locked into ballarat again

Reply #508930 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Nothing in writing but its a far gone conclusion by most parties involved

Reply #509001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toddhunter, Clydesdale, Cummings, antoniadou as a four guard rotation will be hard to beat

Reply #509016 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

I stand corrected I know nothing...

Steph Cumming signs with Kilsyth Lady Cobras.

http://www.kilsythbasketball.com.au/index.php...

Reply #509637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The draw is finally out.
http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=10070&cHash=b3bead4676

Reply #509642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't think steph Cummings would end back at rangers, not while David graham is there anyway lol

Reply #509675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any word if Nuna, Bendigo, Ballarat and Mt Gambier will be playing their little tournament in Horsham again this year?

Reply #509686 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Roy Booker back in town with the Miners.

Reply #509691 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Any word on more signings from Ballarat & Nuna?

Both mens teams are very quiet...thought Nuna would have made a splash after loosing a few long term players & from rumours also Creek going elsewhere.

Reply #509695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek to Rangers is the rumour.

Reply #509719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure that it has been confirmed earlier that creek has signed with the rangers

Reply #511179 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

Ben Allen won't suit up with the Braves due to education requirements.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/2835817/allen-no-longer-a-brave/?cs=81

Reply #511183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill confirmed as returning to the pioneers.

they have a strong first six again with

daly
burdon
hill
d johnson
t lee

and sutton of the bench.

Will be contenders again you would have to think!

Reply #512060 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

Wow I thought Hill was going to Hobart.
Chargers sign Cameron Bennerman. 1st import.

Reply #512211 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Frankston have resigned Polk,Hodgson,Chapman undecided and Page and Linton from Knox.Long to Dandy.

Reply #512747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?

Reply #516024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anymore info around ?

Reply #516027 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Ballarat have lost Fisher, Sobey and Constable. Picked up a NZ Tall Black as well as Kodi Augustus and a guard from the Australian Basketball College

Reply #516031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL 2015 Signings...

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=10050&cHash=c70c6b1bd4

Nice of them to post this days before it was published.
(Hint: look at the date at the top of the page)

Reply #517151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are dandenong Rangers women the only ones with no team list what's happening there

Reply #517168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is Creek going?

Reply #517170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nowhere 36's keeping him in Addy..

Reply #517176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting, wonder if he will play in the new Premier League

Reply #517184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the information for signings is also wrong - Tess Madgen had signed with Sandringham, but earlier this month Phoenix Mercury signed her (her deal is not guaranteed meaning she will have to win a roster spot at training camp in May); and she has withdrawn from the upcoming SEABL season.

Surely think they could have gotten that right, especially as they have been able to update the late changes to the Lady Supercats side with Grace Parker & Kate Willey being recent withdrawals from the side.

Reply #517189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess a lot is dependent on the clubs actually confirming arrivals/departures with the league. Surely it's not all the leagues fault, they shouldn't have to report every rumoured signing.

Reply #517215 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

Deba George talking finals.
http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2902967/by-george-recruit-tips-seabl-title-challenge/?cs=10

Reply #517518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, he's also talking NBL. Neither has happened in recent years despite several opportunities.

Reply #517530 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Frankston only running one import.Long season by the bay.........

Reply #517534 | Report this post

Spartans  
Years ago

Frankston will be joined by Brisbane in having a long season. Fringe NBL players signed have pulled the pin now there is no NBL team coming to town.

Reply #517942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How are the Spartans women looking for their defense of the title?

Reply #517962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the news isn't great for Frankston Men - how are the women shaping up? No news on SEABL site?

Reply #517964 | Report this post

Spartans  
Years ago

Brisbane Spartans lost to Capitals here on week-end. They are a State league team. Not looking good for the season only weeks away. To small for SEABL so it will be a long season.

Reply #522202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is there 2 seabl 2015 threads?

Reply #522234 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Because they are twice as good as other leagues!!!!!

Reply #522236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Chapman to Sandy??? Guess he didn't want to come off the bench at Dandy.

Reply #522798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geelong SEABL preseason tournament sat schedule.
12pm SANDRINGHAM MEN vs DANDENONG MEN
14:00 GEELONG MEN vs BALLARAT MEN
16:00 NUNAWADING MEN vs MT GAMBIER MEN
18:00 BALLARAT MEN vs SANDRINGHAM MEN
20:00 GEELONG MEN vs MT GAMBIER MEN
20:00 DANDENONG MEN vs NUNAWADING MEN
10:00 GEELONG WOMEN vs DANDENONG WOMEN
12:00 ALBURY WOMEN vs SANDRINGHAM WOMEN
14:00 DANDENONG WOMEN vs BALLARAT WOMEN
16:00 GEELONG WOMEN vs ALBURY WOMEN
18:00 BALLARAT WOMEN vs NUNAWADING WOMEN

Reply #522800 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Dandy have signed Lucas Walker and Chris Patton from Melbourne United.Going to be tough to knock them off!!!

Reply #524072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patton
Walker
Long
DQ

Who starts? Who sits?

Reply #524074 | Report this post

Oswald Cobblepot  
Years ago

Don't tell Chuck he's not starting.

Reply #524078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, plenty of cash at Dandy, maybe they will be the Duke of the SEABL? Maybe all the cash they hoard is now going where it was intended? Maybe SEABL is the new NBL and maybe they should look at a salary cap?

Reply #524090 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

Be an interesting test for the Chargers new Head Coach. Sandy then Geelong @home, then the Mount and Popp.

Reply #524098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nunawading season preview on SEABL site interesting read. Women preview states Cole-Romeo could cause mayhem together - not sure they enjoyed the best of times together at Boomers. There is only one ball!

Reply #524270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team full of guards too. Very slim on bigs.

Reply #524284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rush quits.

Reply #548457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/hobart-chargers-to-search-for-another-coach-after-ben-rush-resigns/story-fnj92b0f-1227515993829

players, officials and fans are throwing a party no doubt

Reply #548460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely. Good riddance to him. A cancer and has done untold damage to the local associations co operating with the Chargers. The fans the players, the volunteers and anything else we can find to blame.

Let's hope his personality failures and coaching skills aren't a factor in his new job. Far more suited to coaching kids how don't have opinions and will do as they are told.

Reply #548475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No nash and no rush. Lets hope the ads are already out for far more suitable applicants this time.

Reply #548492 | Report this post

Dark Side  
Years ago

Word is in Brisbane that the Spartans are planning to jump from SEABL back to the QBL.

Reply #551233 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Dark Side, I reckon that one comes up every ... year. I am not disputing you at all, but those guys are always the subject of rumours. For the affordability of the SEABL, this would be one of the best things to happen. For the glamour factor of the league, it would be one of the worst.

Reply #551235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spartans are pretty hated by local Brisbane clubs and no love is lost in juniors and support from other clubs to have them back in QBL isn't strong!

It's more a bit of well if your really nice to us we'll have you back but got a number of bridges to mend first!

Reply #551238 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If Brisbane left SEABL it would make it a truly South Eastern League, I am not sure how negatively it would impact the competition really, but I can't see SEABL expanding much either.

Distance is always a huge issue in our country, I can understand the burden of extra costs associated with being the only Northern based team in a prominently South and East competition.

I like SEABL and I think there is a place for it, but every year we have some questions asked about the reason for SEABL and how it fits into the basketball landscape here, how it should be utilised for the growth and benefit of the sport.

I am uncertain about the future of SEABL, now that it is in BA's hands, however I would like to see it continue and flourish as our second tier basketball competition, so any time I hear such a rumour I am not so happy about it...

Reply #551240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL may be in trouble if the CLB takes off.

Reply #551243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CLB is an 8 week season for elite level players, it won't impact SEABL one bit.

Reply #551249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CBL is summer league and no where near the standard of even the Big V!?

Reply #551254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many NBL players playing seabl will hopefully be playing CLB. They will certainly clash against seabl games.

Reply #551265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the hec is CLB?

Reply #551266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Comical Lame Basketball

Reply #551301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the CBL?

Reply #551336 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

Would be happy for Brisbane to leave the comp. Makes the schedule more viable for everyone, and I've never liked watching them as a team.

Reply #551341 | Report this post

Dark Side  
Years ago

Pretty sure your wish will take place by this Friday.
Costs will not reduce as you will see the rise of private business clubs under the new regime.

Reply #551594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rush has destroyed the Chargers. Probably now broke. Worst decision they have ever made in the 18 seasons of the club. Expect big changes shortly. Assuming they stay afloat. Such a greedy little man.
Stick to kids and lets hope you don't stuff that up as well. Good riddance. A cancer on Tassie basketball.

Reply #551647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks anon for the random bitter twisted comment!!!

Reply #551660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta love an anonymous person commenting on another anonymous persons comments.
Nothing random about my comments. Chargers are up shit creek thanks to the cancer that was Rush. Watch this space then tell me I was wrong.

Reply #551666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's old ground he is gone so move on and look for positives moving forward

Reply #551672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not old ground at all. The Chargers are on their knees thanks to Rush. So close to folding and expect BA to be involved. The positive from now on will be survival at a great cost. Feel free to tell us your thoughts on what will transpire.

Reply #551674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did the coach set the budget and write cheques? The women team didn't pay anyone?

Cmon takes more than 1 bloke to bring a club to its knees in just a year.

Reply #551699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can any Hobart fans tell me how good Zac White is in the NWBU and how good that league is please.

I hear he is a freak of an athlete but not quite SEABL level and may have got a raw deal at Hobart.

Reply #551703 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

The Board is responsible for the financial management of the club not the coach.Some of the stuff written on here is a joke and a personal vendetta against the coach.

Reply #551705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zac White was/is a very capable player and definitely fits the freak athlete category.

i know nothing of the "raw deal" but he did get rushed into the team and play his first away games carrying injury.

given a spot and time to settle he'd have alot of potential at seabl level

Reply #551706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think Zac would be ok offensively but may struggle defensively.

Reply #551707 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

"some of the stuff" Happy Days? I cannot remember a thread where one or two people have gone after someone with such enthusiasm!

Reply #551721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised law suits aren't floating around with some of the stuff written.

Zac White would be a great fit in a big V or QBL as he is certainly an Athlete who'd get 20/10 in those league with his hustle. SEABL against bigger bodies maybe not but he was hurt so it's hard to tell without a run of games.

Reply #551722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange how the President of the club, was involved in the selection of Rush. Totally wrong from the outset.
A large % of the players budget went directly to the coach. He made that decision himself which the Board allowed.
The women were indeed paid and the resulting debt is the result.
Crowds dropped of to the point of there only being 150 at a few games. They hated the style of play, hated the coaching style and his childish behaviour on the side lines. he alienated the fans, the volunteers and believe it or not the Board who chose him. He jagged a job in the North with BA and if he didn't he would be unemployed in the South.
Zac White was a victim or circumstances and with an early injury compounding his arrival he wasn't going to last. He's athletic, a nice guy and deserves another shot somewhere. SEABL level? don't know.
Law suits aren't required if the truth is told and it has been.

Reply #551725 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

^ There is a difference between the truth and your version of the truth. If you are the same anon who has been carrying on here all year then many things you have said are not able to be validated as truth.

Here is one: "the chargers are on their knees thanks to Rush". Easily disproved, and potentially opens the person who said this to all sorts of action.

Honestly, I think you are way out of line. Ring the guy and have your beef out.

Reply #551726 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think I was being a little generous HO. The guy had a gun at his head before he coached a single game.

Reply #551728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crazy how the entire thing is being blamed on one poor bloke!! Regardless of your personal issue it appears they've had a tough year so let's hope they get it together on court with the changes heading into next year and sponsor / crowd stick fat as it can't always be roses every team has tough seasons due to things not working no need to slam people on a personal level.

Reply #551729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be pretty certain it would be only one or two individuals on here driving the knife in. Most of us in Hobart think Basketball is a game played for fun and don't see SEABL as the pinnacle of the sport. I went to most of the Chargers games this year and can honestly say there was not one game where there were only 150 spectators. The crowds were not big but no smaller than last year or the year before for that matter. More to the point I would find it hard to believe that Rush was getting a large % of the players budget but even if he was a percentage of peanuts is smaller peanuts so I don't think he will be retiring on what he got. Don't get me wrong I was not a fan of his coaching style but the attacks on this thread are a bit over the top.
Can't let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Reply #551732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are on their knees and that has already been validated. Expect massive changes and when those things surface please apologise here.
I will be more than happy to do so as will all the other haters here too I am sure. However despite your protestations only the truth has been told with no abberations from the truth

Reply #551733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

150 at a few games??? You lose all cried ability when you say that. You are obviously a volunteer or somebody who thinks they have inside knowledge and are prepared to undermine anyone to get what you want. Don't do it here and expect to get results. It's a blog site. Vent, get over it and go live your life. Or do something about it where it can count.

Reply #551734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have a look at the Mercury's photo from a few month's ago if you don't believe me. There were more players and officials on the court than spectators on the bench side. Ask Adam Smith who wrote the article about the poor crowd figures if you don't believe me. pretty easy to find him. He's on FB.

Let's not get the facts in the way of people simply ignoring the written evidence and photographic evidence for that matter. Isaac can photo's be posted here? I have one that will shut up those that weren't there once and for all.

Reply #551758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a shame that todays Mercury article isn't online. The changes are already happening after a crisis meeting on Sunday.
Community model now on the agenda with the Chargers admitting their current model can no longer be sustained. Certainly current talk around town is that the women will be dropped. BA looking into the finances now.

Reply #551759 | Report this post

Dark Side  
Years ago

And from all accounts the Lady Spartans gone along with the men's program.

Reply #551763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was the las time you read anything positive about the Chargers in the Mercury? They have absolutely zero interest in basketball except to highlight the Chargers woes or get Hugh Greenwood's story out again. I wouldn't base my evidence around that.

Reply #551769 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think it would be fair to say the clubs are disappointed with the lack of service provided by BA in its first season at the helm and clubs looking to come into the league have decided to defer there decision for at least another year.

Reply #551770 | Report this post

Lost 1  
Years ago

Does the Board must have some accountability? Isn't running the club when income was way less than bills illegal? Are they taking sponsors money to pay this years bills even though they may not go on? Who looks into this?

Didn't Pres, Secretary, Treasurer or anyone on the Board say NO? Did they seek advice, from who? The Board must step aside. Show some courage and open the books to the public. The whole idea that Rush caused this is crazy. Not saying he didn't make demands but the Board so Yes or No!

Reply #551773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The community model appears now to be the best answer. This is despite the Chargers withdrawing their imports and Tunks from the rough nature of the local ball.
Totally alienating all the local clubs is the last thing that the Chargers want, yet this schism was allowed to occur at the behest and insistence of the Chargers president. Go figure.
The low income level has for several years been subsidised by the president and his business partner. Certainly if their cash input didn't occur the Chargers would be extinct seasons ago.
However running a dictatorship is far from ideal.

Reply #551776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://m.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/hobart-chargers-womens-program-in-trouble/story-fnj92b0f-1227549580550

Reply #551851 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hobart is not association backed is it?

Reply #551853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The article above sums it all up.
There has been limited association involvement over recent years but that was effectively concluded with last seasons debacle with Tunks refusing to play in such a rough local league. And the imports being withdrawn too. Women next season unlikely as previously mentioned.
The doubters here simply have no understanding of the impact of last season.
"Nash said sponsorship, ticket sales and fundraising were the three primary sources for the club"
Chargers have essentially been a stand alone club since inception. The financial model has always been a challenge and clearly last seasons off court dramas has forced the Chargers organisation to revisit their model.
It's unfortunate that the despite the women's success the Rush involvement has brought about this current crisis. Rush's demands for next season were over the top and he was never going to be invited back. Now the few loyal fans, followers and volunteers will have to pick up the pieces and hopefully restore the once great club to somewhere near it's former glory.

Reply #551855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like it has been building for a few years and reached a head this year. Hope they get it all together in the short/medium term as only 12 months ago ppl were talking NBL back to tassie which looks crazy based on the tissue SEABL teams various issues in the last 3 years

Reply #551858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back page of the paper and on all the newspaper billboards around town. Crisis time.

Reply #551863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Ho are we doing now Ho? Wrong again it seems.

Reply #551878 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

^ Sorry? What is your point?

Reply #551882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ho said "Here is one: "the chargers are on their knees thanks to Rush". Easily disproved, and potentially opens the person who said this to all sorts of action.
Easily proved in fact.

Reply #551883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ho, please avoid the temptation to judge all Hobartians by that one. School holidays down here ATM ;)

Reply #551885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it is.
The other thing that's been mentioned here previously is this."Unfortunately the model isn't sustainable, it is really difficult for a volunteer organisation to sustain two teams financially, but also from a people management point of view,"

Reply #551889 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

You do realise the statement made is in two parts not one don't you?

Do you follow? I can't type any slower.

Reply #551891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great stick to things you know about.

Reply #551912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/hobart-chargers-face-big-bill-for-womens-team-to-survive/story-fnj92b0f-1227551349808

Reply #551959 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

150 at a few games??? You lose all cried ability when you say that.

Not buying into this topic, but the statement above amused me...

Reply #551983 | Report this post

FalconsTV  
Years ago

Bear...don't you just hate predictive text? LOL

Reply #551992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was me. Gave me the shits when I read it back, but I didn't think the person it was intended for would notice.

Reply #551995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guess no women's team next year. Looks like Rush didn't take a massive amount as claimed by ppl on this forum!!

Reply #551998 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yup, on my iPhone type in the word 'score' and you get 'What is the score?'

Handy, but also painful, depending on what I am trying to type...

There are plenty of funny examples of predictive text I imagine, probably worthy of a thread of its own!?? :)

Reply #552001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go read the above article anonymous. "At the minimum he took $15K". Closer to $25K with a car.
Hard to argue with the facts isn't it.

Reply #552011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Facts are not things you make up and add to what is published to help your argument.

Reply #552015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most coaches take that much or more so don't blame him. Appears to be bigger long term structural issues that hope Nash can fix

Reply #552016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, 15K as a SEABL coach....

Outrageous..!!

Reply #552021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Count the crowd.
http://imgur.com/a/FRwpW

Reply #552034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hint of sarcasm there?!

Reply #552038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's another one for all the people that claim there was no crowd issues and who were never at this game either. This one straight from The Mercury. Can't ague with this one.

http://imgur.com/0rg3SP6

Reply #552116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754