Green 45
Years ago

BSA rescheduled heat games

BSA has postponed rescheduld heat effected games for div 1 and 2. Some are on this Sunday and some are unknown. Schoolies is listed as a reason aswell as country training. How many clubs would be affected by country traing? Mavs? How many refs or players would be at schoolies?

Topic #35948 | Report this topic

Green 45  
Years ago

Missed the title. Fat thumb on the phone key pad

Reply #503543 | Report this post

-  
Years ago

Meh i am not too worried - but if it was my business and key stakeholders were not available / asking for change - i would do the same.

Exams would be the biggest argument then country basketball commitments - schoolies ...... meh

hardliners will say bad luck - but there is a bit of room to move on this so i am cool with it.

Reply #503545 | Report this post

-  
Years ago

graduation shows are next influence on friday night games

Reply #503546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't be schoolies! Don't know too many U18 kids currently in y12! I suspect it's to do with SA Country training?!?!?

Reply #503563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

suspect it is to do with lack of referees.

Reply #503573 | Report this post

molten Millie  
Years ago

Perhaps we should have more air-conditioned venues !!!!! Perhaps those empty courts from all the Double Byes that were around last Friday could have been utilised !!!! Perhaps some forward thinking and locking in specific dates and days for makeups during our summer season. Schedule them and inform all clubs that they need to make those dates available then bad luck if you can't make it as they have had prior notice.

Plenty of spare courts on Pageant day that could have been used for the night befores cancelled games. Only 1 court in use at Morphett Vale !!!

It's called a Contigency Plan BSA !

Reply #503579 | Report this post

molten Millie  
Years ago

Contingency sorry !!

Reply #503581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This shows the complete lack of planning and forsight BSA have always had.

There should be planning meeting where all parties plan around predetermined catch up rounds such as the Sundays on the last round of each phase etc.

Plus they can then coordinate development camps which still clash between country and metro, and even manage practice games for state teams and let all clubs know.

Reply #503585 | Report this post

-  
Years ago

good idea above - I think that should be the case and put on the calendar pre-season - because every year we can have up to 3 rescheduled rounds over summer due to heat

Reply #503588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

unfortunately BSA would never be able to do that because everything they do is last minute and has no plan about it.

Reply #503596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

563, the schoolies bit is to do with referee availability, not to do with players!

Reply #503790 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Let's pick a date for these

Next week??? Too early
The week after ??? national schools week....unlikely
The week after that ????? St Clair and last round..... Don't think so.( ho ho ho )

The week we come back ?..... Maybe
Then three weeks till finals

Could we end up playing the same people Friday night and the Sunday again with round 4 and 13 clashes to help with the pre planning

Have to play the round for 16/18 as everyone else has played and some round 4 games have also been played.

As the use to say " oh Mr Hubbard, what a mess..........."

Reply #503880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754