annon
Years ago

GIBBO for Point - lets start the petition !

Come on Sixers fans or not Sixers fans that want to see Gibbo playing the point and give us that magic and lead the team.

Get on Sixers Facebook and get the comments rolling and send the Sixers the message.

Topic #35961 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

One thing is for sure...he thrived without Wilson and is less effective with Wilson.

Reply #503809 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

2 years ago...mosy people on this very forum swore up and down that Gibbo was a combo guard and should never play the point.

Guys....you are now getting what you wished for.

I'm not saying Gibbo can't play point, in fact I knew he could back then.

Just like those wishing DJ would leave the club, it gives me immense glee to see those 'most knowledgeable' fans reap what they sowed.

Reply #503819 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

gibson is a point, if he isnt a point i will eat my hat

Reply #503821 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

He would thrive as a combo with a better pg around him. Wilson is the problem, not gibbo. Maybe you could run Teys at pg? He's the highest iq player on the team.

Reply #503829 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Somthings not working for Joey ATM.

Maybe do what Fearne did & bring Jamar off the bench as impact player?

Lack of stability from last season...

Reply #503830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo is good at both, 2 years ago he was a better combo guard with what we had around him. Fact is Wilson is disposable at this point. Gibbo, Teys and daly can cover point duties, and Wilson ist causing issue for the guys around him. 6ers cant win games with everyone standing by watching him drive into 2-3 guys. he's just not that good.

Reply #503833 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Joey tried this at the Blaze - shifted Gibbo to the 2 and had Adris Deleon at the point. This bombed miserably. Gibbo made mention at the time he'd prefer playing 1.

Gibbo can play the 2 no doubt, but he's far more effective and impacts his team's chances greater when he's running the show.

Given the two are close and looking back at previous results, I'm surprised Joey is trying this again.

Reply #503890 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Maybe Joeys hand has been forced with the purchase of Wilson.. I say Wilson from the bench if we must have him. Looks at Teys shooting, put him at SG and Gibbo on the point with Daly and Jamar at back up, Daly point Wilson SG.

Reply #503897 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

If it were my team I would have Gibbo running the point, an import SG with a bit of length, Creek @ SF, Peach @ PF and Motum at C.

Bench of: Schenscher, Gruber, Teys, import, Daly

Reply #503954 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Should we read anything into it Tornado that you wouldn't have Peter Crawford in a 36ers uniform... In all fairness he hasn't shone at all so far

Reply #504298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO WAY TO SLOW

Reply #504771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754