BIG V News for 2015

OK it's 2015 and we are nearly into February. Any news on BIG V teams, recruits upcoming practice games, fixturing and especially predictions for all comps.

Only 8 weeks to go!

Topic #36328 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares, its big V ????

Reply #511764 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

its just glorified domestic.

Reply #511765 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

C'mon HO you love Big V :)

Reply #511767 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Discussing the Big V is too much I think, it is a big ask to focus on such a large competition with so many divisions. Maybe better to start threads on Big V Champs or D1, Youth League, men/women etc...

Just a thought!

Reply #511779 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Just wanted to get in first HD...

Reply #511799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both Nunawading Youth League teams have recruited a lot of players from other clubs so will probably do very well. Sort of pointless to be recruiting in YL, should be about a pathway for juniors. But if they're that desperate to win all the power to them..

Reply #511801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Name the non juniors in their womens YL team?

They Couldn't be worse than last 2 years.

Reply #511809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The women have Yasna Cook, Taylah Simmons, Sonia Dirito, Rachel Poke, Rebecca Eddy and Saraid Taylor are the only former or current junior players on their list which means that at least 6 or 7 have come from other clubs, seems a bit stupid to have a YL team if they're gonna be juniors from other clubs..

Reply #511816 | Report this post

Anons  
Years ago

I would also be interested to know details of this alleged heavy recruitment.

6 athletes promoted from 18/20s to VBL Yth in Women's program under new Coach, and 1 import.

So no heavy recruiting but I'd be interested to hear you back up your statement.

Reply #511825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I've heard the Nunawading girls have recruited Brittany Wunhym and Rachel Brewster and I remember hearing about a couple others, but don't know names. I know that the boys program got Remo Simankevicius and Eddie Bourke as well

Reply #511829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ANY concerns McDonald's Geelong Supercats Big V women’s coach Candice Rogers had about the loss of more than 500 games experience from last year’s championship-winning squad have been put to bed by some impressive recruiting.

Following the retirements of Kylie Morrissy, Vicki King and Charmaine Ferguson, Tash Daffy’s decision to have a year off and Grand Final MVP Ebony Rolph’s return to the SEABL program, it appeared there would be a hole that would be tough to fill for the rookie mentor.

However, the arrival of McKinnon trio Tess Feery, Brooke McKay and Jill McBain, who between them have played more than 500 games at Big V State Championship level, ensures Geelong should again be in a position to again challenge for the Division 1 title.

As well the McKinnon trio, Emily Kornoeos has stepped back to Big V after more than 50 games at SEABL level, Lauren Bellegante and Lauren Moloney move up from Youth League and Courtney Thompson (nee’ Primmer) arrives after more than 100 games with Warrnambool.

"I am very excited to be coaching the Division 1 women’s team this year," Rogers told Supercats.com.au.

“Already, after a few training sessions, I have witnessed the depth of talent across the Supercats’ women’s program.

“We already had a strong team pre Christmas but with the addition of Tess, Brooke and Jill we have added experience and depth to our team.

“It has been great to see returning members from last years championship group welcome our new faces to the team with enthusiasm and look to take on more of a leadership role with some of our younger players.

“I am really looking forward to the challenge and working alongside (assistant coaches) Sharni Ward and Gary Rogers with the aim of winning back to back titles.

In:

Tess Feery (McKinnon- Big V)

Jill McBain (McKinnon- Big V)

Brooke McKay (McKinnon- Big V)

Emily Koroneos (SEABL)

Lauren Bellegante (Youth League)

Lauren Moloney (Youth League)

Out:

Ebony Rolph (SEABL)

Vicki King (retired)

Charmaine Ferguson (retired)

Kylie Morrissy (retired)

Natasha Daffy (year off)

Kendyl Collins (Youth League)

Reply #511840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Above credit from the Supercats Web Page

Reply #511842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West - Nunawading Junior
Torney - Nunawading Junior (playing 20's)
Withers - Nunawading Junior
Ibbotson - Nunawading Junior (playing 20's)
Dirito - Nunawading Junior
Simmons - Nunawading Junior
Taylor - Nunawading Junior (playing 18's)
Poke - Nunawading Junior (playing 20's)
Eddy - Nunawading Junior (playing 18's)
Loutit - Nunawading Junior
Cook - Nunawading Junior (playing 20's)
Lowe - Nunawading Junior (playing 20's)
Zuijdwijk - has been there for 1 or 2 seasons
Kroussoratis - has been there for 2 or 3 seasons
Brewster - new to Nunawading
Wunhym - new to Nunawading

Those that are from outside the program would be on their SEABL radar this year or down the line.

7 of them still playing for Nunawading in VJBL. Hardly heavy recruiting.

Reply #511844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top two teams for each division?

Reply #511851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't dorrito a Knox junior in 16s and 18s?
Brewster was from Tigers so to Wunhym neither are particularly strong so would be saying they have recruited heavily

Reply #511856 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dorito is a Knox junior I have watched her play from u/8's.

Reply #511859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My predictions for the season
(A lot of them just guesses)

SCM - Ringwood, Waverley (DV to be the surprise tho)
SCW - Hume City, Ringwood
D1M - Warrnambool, Southern Pen
D1W - Geelong, Werribee
D2M - Keysborough, Maccabi
D2W - Coburg, Melb Uni
VYCM - Kilsyth, Waverley
VYCW - Knox, Hawthorn
Y1M - Werribee, Geelong
Y1W - Coburg, Mickinnon
Y2M - Chelsea, Warrandyte
Y2W - Keilor, Camberwell

Reply #511860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D1M - Geelong

Reply #511861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #511863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taylor is also new to Nunawading - came across from Bulleen this year.

Reply #511864 | Report this post

Stuart  
Years ago

Interesting how no one is on Casey to take it out, considering they had a full revamp.

Reply #511867 | Report this post

Stuart  
Years ago

Am Sticking to Peninsula to win it, Either Southern or Chelsea.

Reply #511868 | Report this post

Stuart  
Years ago

I just don't know if Casey will be a team, but hey who knows who will be a team? But hey!!! The Champs are still in the Division so Latrobe is definitely top 2.

Reply #511869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geelong D1M for me! Will be hard to beat

Reply #511895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What basis do you have for gee long? No more goodgame who ran the show for them. They didn't come close to sth pen both times last year. Will still be up there but will be a year older and might be hard pressed to get over latrobe also.

Reply #511904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Addition of Harrison in the Front Court, Varley will cover Goodgame, and Hutchy will help too.

Latrobe will not have imports this season and Sth Pen were a one hit wonder.

Warrnambool will be strong. Replaced Stone with Adelaide CBL League MVP of last season and rumour of picking up one of the Mildura imports floating around too.

Obviously Casey will be very strong now with the addition of Sedale Threat Jnr solving the guard issue.

Reply #511907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SCM - Corio Bay, Waverley
SCW - Hume City, Ringwood
D1M - Warrnambool, Southern Pen
D1W - Geelong, Werribee
D2M - Oakleigh, Pakenham
D2W - Chelsea, Keysborough
VYCM - Kilsyth, Waverley
VYCW - Knox, Nunnawadding
Y1M - Werribee, Geelong
Y1W - Coburg, Mickinnon
Y2M - Casey, Warrandyte
Y2W - Keilor, Camberwell

Reply #511908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Varley was in the SEABL squad?

Reply #511910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lewis is. He brother Emerson will play PG for D1M

Reply #511916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When did Sedale Jnr move to Casey? That's a good group now, wasn't overly sold given their guard rotation before. Certainly some good experience in that team now, if they stay healthy they could be good to watch.

Reply #511919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when has Casey Recruited Sedale Jnr?

Reply #511921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the above is true why would casey not move to state champ. Agree they needed a lot of help at the gaurd position but a signing like that is laughable at the D1 level.

Reply #511923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harrison in the front court? Only if he's grown six inches as a 35-year-old.

Reply #511926 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Should Big V got to Promotion/Relegation system 1 up 1 down or 2 up 2 down.Let clubs find there level.Seems like clubs get to pick and choose where they want to play.

Reply #511929 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

Think Geelong will be fine. They always put out a quality outfit.

I understand Latrobe may not have changed much, so I think they'll also be there at the pointy end.

Sedale Jnr ? That's a huge signing if true !!
Question though, does anyone who plays for Casey actually from Casey ??

Mildura will again bring out to gun imports and be competitive and Bobby will put another good team on the floor out west.

The Southern Pen "one hit wonders" have only gotten better from my understanding, and will also be there at the end.

How about the other new promotions Shep & Keilor ?
Haven't heard much from out that way...

And yes HD, have always been a big believer in proving yourself instead of choosing when you should go up.

Reply #511930 | Report this post

anononon  
Years ago

511908 and 511860 both have Waverley to play off for VYCM.

Interesting, because their published roster is VERY different to the roster that won it last year.

If I recall correctly, nobody that featured on the court during the final is in this years squad?

Reply #511934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How are sp one hit wonders?

Reply #511936 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Expect SP to be stronger in year 2 by maintaining there core group and the import returns with a better understanding of the league. Teams with multiple changes take time to gell so i expect them to come out of the gates hard.

Reply #511946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First year squads rarely live up to their potential.

Happy Days, you know full well promotion/relegation makes complete logical sense which exactly why BigV will never adopt it.

Just like pushing the season an extra week into the year to leave a weekend off after the tournament.

If it seems like common sense chances are BigV will do the opposite.

Reply #511952 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Looks like the tail is wagging the dog....WOOF WOOF!!!

Reply #511954 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

Billy Hoyle, rumour is Shepparton will be deep and the coach will have a tough time rotating the players.. That's the word from people here anyway. But realistically I think the Gators will have a decent side, win the games they need to win and finish just below the middle of the table if the roster stays healthy. Our import has returned as well so there shouldn't be too much of a bedding period with him and hopefully he has toughened up and matured like most guys do back home after their first campaign.

Reply #511955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And people wonder why there is often the "domestic" jibes made about BigV...

Reply #511958 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

huh? what in this conversation leads you to that conclusion. It is exactly the same style of conversation you would expect about SEABL or other state league programs. And I got to declare "domestic" here first, stop muscling in on my theme.

Reply #511962 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's not even domestic, lunchtime in the school yard I reckon.

Reply #511972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its hard to take a tiered competition totally seriously and as elite competition when the ultimate grading of teams isn't determined by win/loss/relegation/promotion.

While ever there is a "user chooser" aspect to participation its going to have question marks over it.

Reply #511975 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Actually know it all's the clubs decided when the season would start due to it conflicting when players would have to go back to college.

Reply #511976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And my argument is W G A F about working around College.

Is BigV an Australian State league system or American College feeder system?

Reply #511977 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

So the criteria for a competition being elite is that it has promotion / relegation?

The league has a promotion / relegation system AFAIK.

Reply #511980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The pre season Tournament is actually Rd 1 for SYCM & W. Their start has no impact on the Divisional comps so keep them starting early to meet the college issue and still start the rest of the comp 2 weeks after tournament. Problem solved.

Reply #511981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HO, can you post what the Promotion/Relegation system is then???

Reply #511989 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

No, as i said, AFAIK. I thought the league agreed a promotion / relegation system a number of years back.

Reply #511995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope, they have none.

Reply #511998 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

OK. Happy to stand - as I said, I was not certain.

It doesn't change the point however. Having a "set" promotion / relegation system does not make you "elite" or "serious". As much as people might like it.

Reply #512000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nobody said it was the only criteria, its simply part of forming an overall impression...

Reply #512001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To add: If there's no consequences for under performing i.e dropping down a division for finishing last as an example, then its more about participation than performance.

Likewise winning should be rewarded with promotion.

It puts more onus and pressure on winning which is what elite sport should be about. (But not the only criteria).

Reply #512002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The VJBL don't seem to have an issue making junior teams qualify every year via winning to participate in the highest possible division.

Why wouldn't you place the same demands on BigV Teams via promotion/relegation?

Reply #512005 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

2008 Big V By-Laws, not sure if they have changed:

Appendix 9 Promotion and Relegation

Promotion and Relegation systems will be operated in all Big V Competitions (non-ABA Divisions) according to the following:
Promotion and Relegation

Where the league is played in more than one division the following promotion/relegation principles will be adopted:
• Teams should play in Divisions in which they are competitive both on and off court.
• Divisions are not governed by numbers - that is, there are no limits on the number of teams that should be in each division, rather, the size of each division is flexible to cope with those teams that have the capacity to compete in those Divisions.
• Where appropriate, the Executive will rule on a year to year basis the best means of operating the competition within a Division, including home and away games break-up, use of conferences and other variables.

Promotion of Teams
Promotion of teams will be on the basis of a formal application.
1. By the end of July each year the General Manager of the league will call for expressions of interest from those teams interested in competing in a higher division in the following season.
2. Clubs wishing to compete will then submit an expression of interest by the date set by the General Manager..
3. An executive sub-committee of three (including the General Manager) will review each applicant and seek input and provide feedback on the following areas:
– playing strength, current and proposed
– Game promotion
– Administration (club to office)
– Ability to meet financial commitments
4. After interview, each applicant will then be required to submit a proposal for promotion, based on feedback received.
5. The executive sub-committee will review each proposal and make a recommendation to the General Manager of the Big V.
6. The Executive Committee will be empowered to decide on which teams will be accepted for promotion – these will be informed prior to the annual general meeting of the league and an announcement of same made at the AGM.

Relegation

Relegation will be on the basis of formal application or on the recommendation of the Executive.
1. A team may apply for relegation based on its own assumptions about future playing strength, financial capacity or other reasons.
2. The Executive may decide to relegate a team based on failure to meet the league guidelines as set out in section 1.2 of these by-laws,
3. In all cases, an executive sub-committee of three (including the General Manager) will review all teams performance and, in consultation with the teams, make recommendations to the Executive Committee on teams that should be relegated.
4. The Executive Committee will be empowered to decide on which teams will be relegated – these will be informed prior to the annual general meeting of the league and an announcement of same made at the AGM.

Reply #512007 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Nope, just had a glance at the revised 2014 By-Laws and look the same.

Got a question though, with all the criticism of the Big V, can anyone give me a comparative league that is better than the Big V in this country, happy to be shown which state league is better than Victoria's...?

Reply #512008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In other words no formal promotion/relegation system based on season performance.

Once you introduce "discretion" and "opinion" into a law you might as well throw them out..

Reply #512009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

QABL if better than Big V Championship.

Waratah is horrible. SBL in WA isn't much better...

Reply #512014 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

That By-Law isn't worth the piece of paper its written on.

Reply #512021 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Okay anon, here is your chance then, let us know why and how QABL is better, please?

Reply #512030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Happy Days, a fancy wall of legal writing that effectively means nothing...

Reply #512050 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

The great thing about promotion/relegation is there is interest all season in both ends of the ladder.Nobody wants to be relegated so the last few rounds can be a fight for survival.Let clubs find there own level and earn there position.

Reply #512054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely.

Hard promotion/relegation forces teams to play out the season till the end and ultimately makes the product better.

Reply #512057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

QBL is by far a better competition than Big V SCM.

There are 5 times the amount of current NBL players running around in QBL than SCM.

Mackay, Rocky, Cairns, Townsville just to name a few put SEABL quality teams on the floor every year. All 4 of those teams would smash any Big V SCM team, including Waverley, Ringwood, Corio.

Reply #512059 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Calvin Henry has resigned and women have signed new import Ivy Abiona.Deal for Mens 2nd import fell through so back to the drawing board as the Coyote would say....

Reply #512063 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

From everything I have seen Bear, QBL is certainly a better standard competition (by a reasonable margin), and probably better administered.

Reply #512066 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hard to gauge with QBL as there are some really good teams and very average ones as well.Best comparison would be Rocky, Mackay, Cairns with Ringwood, Corio Bay, Waverley.

Reply #512069 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I know little about other leagues, not in Vic, so thanks guys...

Is there a competition where they all play against one another, or is this potentially BA's master plan down the track now they have control of SEABL perhaps?

Reply #512071 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thought I might do some surface research on the web in relation to the comparison between the QBL and the Big V.

Interestingly the QBL appears to be strong (13 teams including major cities and towns) while its secondary leagues SBL & SBL D2 men are obviously lower divisions (8 teams and 9 teams in more regional and smaller centres). The women's competition appears just as strong with 13 similar teams in the QBL but they combine 15 teams in the SBL.

Comparing this with the Big V in its structure at least, the Big V last season had 13 teams in SCM, 7 D1M, 11 in D2M, 10 in SCW, 11 n D1W and 10 in D2W.

I have not found a comparison for the Youth League, maybe QBL don't have something similar??

On the face of it the leagues are measurable in the amount of teams, although different in structure, however the QBL has teams in Brisbane, Gold Coast and locations where in Vic they would be in SEABL, so maybe in Vic the Big V is slightly lower in standard due to the volume of teams capable of playing a higher level that QBL!??

Reply #512073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for obvious reasons SEABL makes the STD of State champ BigV lower than some of the other state leagues (QBL, SBL Warratah) because the top 10 or so Vic teams play in the SEABL but to counter that geographically Victoria allow for the most complete state base competition because its possible for teams from all parts of Victoria to participate.

Big V as a league is "bigger" than other state based leagues due to geography but not better.

Reply #512074 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thanks Anon^, do you think it would be nice to see the state champions of each Division (Championship and D1) enter a National tournament at the end of the season, so we could see them all play off for an Australian title?

I would love to see how the Big V teams would go in such an event, I'm sure other state teams would also love to know they won a National title at this level...

Reply #512076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL makes it almost impossible to get the best teams from every state.

In theory (and not far from the truth some years) the Best Vic, Tas, SA, ACT, NSW and QLD teams could all technically be playing in SEABL.

But only 1 or 2 could play in a proper Nationals?

The other issue is nobody wants to foot the bill to participate in a pointless event where many teams will be minus their NBL and WNBL content...

Reply #512079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There used to be nationals up till about 2009/2010 I think. If I recall Cairns won it a few years in a row with Aaron Gribau and the Cairns NBL import killing it.

Sandy at the time were in State Champ and lost two years in a row to Bendigo at the siren who then lost at the nationals.

Could be wrong on this though.

Reply #512104 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

The old Nat champs was always top QBL or SEABL teams fighting it out

Reply #512109 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dandenong played off twice for Nat champs while in the Big V

Reply #512135 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I am unconvinced that hard promotion/relegation is as good as everyone thinks it is.

Often at this level the bottom team is known long before the season ends, the hopes of a tightly fought out "bottom of the ladder" retaining interest just doesn't meet the reality.

And the factors are more inconsistent with basketball, the fact is that at D2 one single player has been shown to make a team competitive. Likewise losing one player can damn you.

Its not like football where the structure of your club long term plays a much bigger part.

I happen to think the by-law above is ok, if its well administered. I don't know how thorough the league is (i suspect its not) but if the league does a good job then its manageable.

If Casey have stocked up as everyone here seems to be saying, then hard promotion and relegation should be dispensed with and they should maybe be put straight to championship. Having said that, the league should rule against this sort of stocking up in the first place - it needs to reward talent development, not recruiting.

I'd be very interested to know if people actually think the league has recently made any real howlers in terms of promoting teams they shouldn't have, or not promoting teams that deserved to go up.

Reply #512252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard promotion/relegation would make teams think twice about buying a premiership too.

Reply #512261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CB should have been made to climb their way into SCM and earn the right to participate in SCM.

Reply #512264 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anon^ I don't get your point? Why should this be the case for a team obviously good enough to win SCM?

Also, why should CB be made to go through lower Divisions with a team as good as it has when they have complied with all the By-laws and obviously their submission for SCM was endorsed?

In the end the decision to play them in SCM was validated, so you may just have to explain your opinion a little better or we are left to presume you may just have an axe to grind!

HO, I tend to agree, it is what it is and if it works, then the By-Laws are okay. If there is a glaring issue, I guess a submission to change them can always be made...

Reply #512270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because CB bought their team, they didn't develop it.

Reply #512271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Axe to grind^

Reply #512302 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I notice Darren Best got cut from BBL....couldn't have seen that one coming!

Reply #512305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #264 & 271 if you are the same poster, CB developed their SCM team in the CBL for three years before they entered the Big V.

Reply #512306 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Best got cut but them got picked up by a team in a lower division.

Reply #512312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets Get back on to the Topic of talking Basketball rather than having personal cracks at each other!!

We are 6 weeks away from Tip Off.

there are how many other teams In D1 men?? because all i seem to read is the constant bickering towards Casey.

Why aren't we talking about other clubs programs including the Womens and YL??

Reply #512342 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

D1 Side of things, Southern Pen in the men and Geelong in the women's.

Reply #512353 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Ashke, where have you been?

Reply #512364 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Happy Days, just taking a break my friend but i am back in action now mate.

Reply #512370 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Champ Men- Ringwood to win. Eltham to be big improver and make finals.

Champ Women- I think it will be wide open, leaning towards Hume City though

D1M- Latrobe would have to be favourites. Geelong, Warnambool and Sothern Pen the big challengers. Smokey on Blackburn

D1W- Camberwell to win with a new look squad. Geelong and Latrobe to be there or there abouts.

D2M- Keysborough, Oakleigh to be alright

D2W- Chelsea, but I don't know that much about the competition.

VYCM- Nunawading/Knox

VYCW- Knox/Sandringham

Y1M- Geelong, Werribee, Bendigo

Y1W- Coburg

Y2M- No idea

Y2W- Camberwell

Reply #512373 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

SCM - Ringwood/Waverley
SCW - Ringwood/Hume
D1M - SP/Sunbury
D1M - Whittlesea/Camberwell
D2M - Keysborough/WP
D2W - Coburg/Chelsea
VYCM - ??
VYCW - ??
YL1M - Werribee/Geelong(? They in this dig now)
YL1W - Coburg/warrandyte
YL2M - Coburg/Chelsea
YL2w - Camberwell/SP

Reply #512387 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Bear, at the time CB were admitted there was a heap of discussion about this.

My issue at the time was that the local content was basically one or two players - and this was substantiated throughout the season with only Osborn playing meaningful minutes. It goes to my point above about Casey, that really CB built a team to enter championship.

If the league had thoroughly reviewed CB's application, they would have had a fair indication that the team would be competitive only if they added a bunch of talent to a very thin local roster. it was thought at the time that if CB had been put in D2, a number of those players would not have played with CB. The CBL as the development ground argument is rubbish.

There is a vast difference to adding two players to a developing player list, and creating a list with only one or two developing players in order to be at a level.

No question, the league got the grading correct - they put that CB side in the right league.

But, does the end justify the means. Even today, entering their (fourth?) season, it will be interesting to see how many of their own developed players are logging serious minutes in the side.

This isn't pro ball, the emphasis (not complete emphasis but emphasis nonetheless) should be on player development, and the league should reward clubs that develop their own talent, rather than those who recruit from others.

If Casey are doing what they appear to be doing, it is a shame.

Reply #512396 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

The CB champ men will hold their own again this year. Solid coaching staff, Hicks and Reardon are a handful for most teams, and they have had a fairly good run with imports.

The Youth league womens team are hungry to get back out there after losing to warrandyte, as long as they dont let Sam loughhead shoot so damn much. she is a ball stopper if i ever saw one.

The youth league Men should improve now that Mckee has gone back to being an assistant, great skills guy, terrible tactician. however the new coach is going to have a hard time earning the respect of his players at such a young age.

on a side note, I can handle teams "buying" talent at State champ level, or recruiting from outside the club. however at a youth league level its poor form by a club.

I know for a fact that there are locallly developed players in the CB YLM team that have been pushed out by the Coach bringing players/friends over from melbourne to play.

gahh annoying!

Reply #512415 | Report this post

Develop Your Own  
Years ago

HO and Lo57 have nailed it. For the life of me I could never understand the likes of CB entering SCM when they have no real junior rep ball club to back it up. The same can be said for many clubs who overlook junior after junior to get a competitive team. The same can be said, perhaps to a lesser extent to Ringwood, Sherbrooke, McKinnon and Whittlesea.

I find it even more prolific in YL where local kids are excluded over people recruited in. Sometimes its not about winning, its about developing.

I know some people will shoot me down and thats fine, but like some posts earlier about Nunawading, playing a season of juniors does not make you a Nunawading junior in the real sense of the term. Good luck to Melbourne's Wynym and Brewster coming into Nunawading, but what real juniors were overlooked to bring them in.

Reply #512417 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

Youth League should follow VJBL's footsteps with clearances and allowing no more than 2 players per team (Not entirely sure on the actual rule) it wont stop this overlooking of home grown juniors but it may stop the people who are doing it because they can

Reply #512418 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

But lo 57, why should a club be buying a team to be competitive at Champ level? I think its stupid.

Its even a little silly at SEABL level.

What does winning that championship actually achieve?
Does it make you a better association?
Does it attract more juniors?
Does it attract more domestic players?
Does it generate more media coverage?

I reckon its largely done to satisfy ego.

If it was a true state championship, that if, it is was a contest of the best 10-12 association teams in Victoria, it would make a little more sense.

Reply #512420 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

HO,

yes its stupid, but i can see some (not alot) avenues of justification for it.

Winning a championship helps you market your association to potential players,coaches etc..... at all age levels.

the negative side to that is though potential customers/members may a) push other members out or b) become disgruntled when they dont get the chance to be apart of it.

im sure there are other reasons aswell, and i may not be right, but im only trying to look at it logically with common sense

Reply #512421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So HO do you suggest we not keep score at any of the games then?

Reply #512422 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Anon, when you work out how your question correlates to what we are all talking about let us know will you?

Reply #512437 | Report this post

CHOOK  
Years ago

In D1W Mildura and Geelong will be hard to go past. Geelong lost a lot of experience but have recruited extremely well in the off season. A rookie coach may be their biggest weakness, having said that, I believe with her playing experience and the professional program that Geelong runs, she will do a fantastic job.

Mildura have a new import to accompany what they already had. Losing Jasmine Simmons to the CoE will definitely hurt, however, Import (which is always an MVP candidate at Mildura) Power, Delcastegne and the supporting cast will lead the team to the finals again.

It will be interesting to see how Camberwell go with such heavy recruiting and a new coach. The pieces they have been recruited are absolutely legit! The true test will be seeing how they all come together during the season, if they click, they'll be hard to beat. It seems as though they may have the biggest budget in the league and hopefully results will follow.

Latrobe will be a massive drop off. With Dickson moving to SCW at Sth Pen and apparently no import, they will struggle. They still have a fantastic group of young players and IMO have one of the best regions for junior hoops in the state. I know this isn't junior basketball but the best junior hoopers in the state are definitely up to quality minutes in D1W. Look for D'Angelo to have a breakout season with more game time.

Whittlesea have supposedly had a clean out and brought in an import that appears to have had a fantastic career at NCAA powerhouse Baylor. They have kept last years crucial pieces and added some great players, my tip is they'll make the 4.

Sunbury have lost 1 of the O'Nial sisters and I believe Vogelzang aswell. If they actually field a team they will struggle to win a game.

Werribee have lost some experience so ive heard, as well as their best young player, however, their junior program is going very well and I expect with Lloyd involved again they will have some great success and IMO will just miss out on finals.

Western Port will win a few games but will not be successful by any strech of the imagination, the only thing that may stop them from finishing last is sunbury being worse. They had a good group of players that they have retained from the D2 championship, mind you, it hears as though they have only added players who would struggle to get a game at most other D1 clubs whilst they needed to add legit D1 level players.

Cragieburn will be another cellar dweller after losing Cann, McLean and the coach. They had some good size last year but the club was driven by a good coach and great players in Cann and McLean.

Hawthorn and Keilor had some great upset wins last year and if they can do the same this year, they may change the balance of the whole competition. I don't think either team has the talent or coaching to make finals, but having said that, every year has a surprise and 1 of these teams may supply it.

Reply #512458 | Report this post

Gelder  
Years ago

YL2M-Casey looking real solid. Will go the distance this season.

Reply #512469 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

HO, I recall the posts that both criticised and commended CB when they entered SCM. On the surface you would be correct in presuming that local content was very low and during the season, yes the imports and former SEABL players had the bulk of the court time.

What is local content though?

This is a hard one to quantify, especially when kids in Geelong itself play at both Geelong and Corio Bay, have done so since under 10's and more than two or three in the original SCM CB team are in that group.

My point here is, where is it written that we may actually determine what qualifies as local content? Find this, or agree on what it should be and then we can make an intelligent assessment, otherwise it is speculation and opinion...

Reply #512491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Power back at Mildura? Heard a move to Melbourne had happened and Warrandyte had secured her services.

Reply #512493 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Further

Winning a State Championship in basketball is no different to winning one in cricket, football or other sports. Your club, or in this case Association, benefits from all the points made. It builds club culture, club history, makes juniors walk taller, makes everyone happy and keen to be involved.

Egos aside, and we know without ego you just fall by the way side, all your points HO are valid suggestions why winning SCM is a good thing. Maybe you don't get a big financial kick, but if it was not worth winning, why bother with sport as a contest at all?

If your point is specifically that SCM isn't worth winning, compared with other basketball leagues, then I feel you are off the mark here, IMHO...

Reply #512495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you develop a program around "pathways" and place a local content requirement on your senior team (i.e you can only have say for example 4 players in your 12 that have not played at least 2 seasons of juniors for your association), then you are compelled to provide the best possible junior program to ensure you get a flow feeder players into your senior team.

This then creates loyalty and aspiration for your juniors because over time people can see the results of progression. It also creates unity at a club level.

Clubs that continually recruit over their juniors and place themselves at an artificially high level above where their program sits (think Eltham in 2009/10) will eventually end in upheaval and discontent.

CB run a big risk of this if they don't start to feed their juniors and YL players into their senior team and potentially adopt a "local content" policy like other better associations do.

IMO buying a Team that sits so far above where your program standard is for the sake of it does nothing to develop your base.

Reply #512511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ It also allows your club to find its natural level and place in the pecking order.

If you want to get further up the ladder you need to work harder to develop your juniors.

Reply #512513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dandenong Rangers program does that, their bigv sides are full of dandenong juniors, the SEABL groups are predominantly former junior rangers. It's when it comes to wnbl, but even then compared to all the other wnbl teams they would still a e the most players who have been former dandenong juniors

Reply #512514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keysborough VS Southern Penn men's
Practice game on tonight

Reply #512525 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

You have missed the issue Bear.

My point was about BUYING a TEAM to be competitive at championship. Winning that championship is fine, but a team buying in up to six or seven players to do that - that is just out of whack for the level of competition that championship is.

And the whole team list was debated at the time for CB. Given how immature (and I don't mean that rudely, I mean it literally) CB's junior program was at the time it was pretty well shown that basically only one player had genuinely come through the CB development program.

Corio Bay recruited a very good team to player Championship and a year or so later won it. Good on em. They chose to do it.

But as some others have pointed out, they are still recruiting to fill the same team, because they never had the development infrastructure and quality of program to bring kids to that level.

Reply #512551 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

Corio Bay Youth League Mens Side

Aiden Kennedy (Melbourne area)

Brad Armstrong (Bellarine Junior Rep Player)

Brandon Maplesdon (Melbourne Area)

Callum Walsh (shepparton Junior)

Chris Eichler (Local/Homegrown)

Drew Killender-Straughn (Melbourne Area)

Jaiden Carter (Bellarine Junior Rep Player)

Jake Barton (Bellarine Junior Rep Player)

James Headlam (Geelong Junior Rep Player)

Joseph Frese (Local/Homegrown)

Lachlan Edwards (Geelong area)

Leondis Spielsburg (Melbourne area)

Marcus Bertino (Melbourne Area)

Patrick Magee (Melbourne Area)

Tom Gall (Warrnambool Junior Rep player)

Zac Birrell (Local/Homegrown)

Jack Benjamin (Development Player) (Local)

Tyson Brasier (Development Player) (Local)

Curtis Watson (Development Player) (Local)

6/19 players in a youth league squad never pulled on a CB jersey as a junior. The Kids in under 18s and under 20s must be thinking they wont get a look in at their local association.

CB will Struggle immensely in a few years at SCM and YLM level

Reply #512555 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

No, actually HO I didn't miss your point about buying a team at all, just avoided commenting on it because I don't think CB invented that process...

As for the CB program, it still has a fair way to go in building the junior domestic and representative skill level, it has come a long way in the last 10 years but still has work to do. It has come from a very low base and many changes.

Whether buying a SCM Championship is going to hurt them or not in the long run remains to be seen. Also, whether their current pathways are as successful as they hope they are will be tested in time.

They have obviously begun to spend money to entice some talent, also upgrading the stadium has been a big improvement and money spent on officials, infrastructure, management and coaching has shown positive results in many ways, not all of these results are commonly known or as overtly evident.

Reply #512562 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

lo 57, thanks for listing the YL2 CB squad. You realise Bellarine has no youth league and players who wish to play this level and not travel an hour and a half to Melbourne choose to try out with CB?

Living on the Bellarine Peninsula may not qualify as local content in some books, but I consider those 3 also to be local content.

Your comment about the under 18 or 20 kids does not bare any analysis of the age or potential for the YL team, nor does it indicate how many current u18 or u20 kids are even capable of YL. Your opinion is just that, fair enough to have one, but it could be viewed very differently I feel...

Opportunity will be created and that is what the Association is attempting I believe.

Reply #512565 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Mornington V Casey tonight 7.30pm @ Mornington Should be interesting....

Reply #512570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Few practice games on tonight.

Any got some results?

Reply #512596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sp 91 to keys 57

Reply #512602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chelsea YLW - 71
Sherbrooke YLW - 56

Sherbrooke SYCM - 69
Chelsea YL2 - 65

Reply #512614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How was the game happy days?

Reply #512629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re BEAR & HO Comments;

Corio Bay look to simply copy the example of their competitor in Geelong and the Supercats. CB is not alone on the tanks being pretty limited in junior talent, its poor across the board at Geelong, CB & Bellarine in U18 & 23's... its bare in real talent.

Geelong continue to recruit and fill all their teams (quality, not D1MW etc) with outside talent... wny not focus on them??

Reply #512635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mmmm that's a big statement regarding Supercats.

U18 Boys in VC, 3 in State Side and majority in NPP or NITP. But hey haters gone to hate.

Reply #512642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CB clearly feeling a bit insecure about the Supercats.

Lets be honest, for decades the Supercats have been the Geelong rep team, they have an excellent program.

Competition is good but doing it for the sake of spite or jealousy is stupid.

Reply #512645 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Watched first half Mton v Casey, Cavs doing it comfortably.Lester carrying about an extra 10-15kg.Hasnt played for 18 mths so will be better once he gets in game shape.Can still dunk just.Hobba was the standout, will do some damage in D1.Mton middle of the road in D2.Starting to play kids which is a good sign but would be surprised if they make playoffs.

Reply #512646 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

This was not about Geelong vs Corio Bay - why make it that? My comments were oriented towards what CB and how Casey seem to be copying it.

And why do you view Geelong as a competitor? Do you view Bellarine the same way?

Reply #512654 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Blackburn YL by 2 over McKinnon. Shot well and well organised.

Reply #512656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think anyone who claims to know how much an association has paid their players is presenting themselves as a fool. Unless you have access to the said association's books you are reaching and relying on corridor whispers only. Poor way to promote yourself on any forum.
I am referring to the comment that CB bought a championship. Unless you know every teams commitment to the season you are not being factual.
With that said, I do concur with the point, if an association over commits to a single season, it will inevitably affect the following seasons negative way and damage the long term goals.
Since CB has not demonstrated anything but a continued performance at the similar levels to that of the championship year, then I would suggest that what they have done overspent for a single year.

Reply #512661 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

It was an Anon who made that comment, I don't think any of the regular posters here have repeated it.

I think CB's mistake is that they are at the wrong level to bring talent through to.

Their youth men play at YL2, and last year they finished 4-14 and second last. What is the chance of solid talent consistently coming from that group into a Championship side? A lot of YLCM players don't go on to Championship.

My major criticism when they joined BigV was that the league just went for instant gratification - they needed another team at that level and went for it, obviously because CB "named" a team capable of playing at that level.

For the foreseeable future, unless Geelong implodes, it would appear that they will continue to have to recruit players to be competitive at Championship level. And often, unfortunately, "recruiting" does means paying.

The league could have done the right thing at the time and said to CB... "why are you presenting us a team for Championship with so little home grown talent, why not slot into D2 and build your whole program over a 5 year plan?".

And my question is, is the same thing happening at Casey? If it is, what is the league, who must see this stuff happen year in and year out, saying to Casey?

Reply #512668 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

I have no issue with the Bellarine kids playing, its understandable. I merely listed them to give an insight into the make up of the team, for analysis and discussion

Reply #512673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Posted by HO:

"The league could have done the right thing at the time and said to CB... "why are you presenting us a team for Championship with so little home grown talent, why not slot into D2 and build your whole program over a 5 year plan?".

ABSOLUTELY spot on.

Eltham found out the hard way what buying a Team so far out of touch with their program standard did..

Reply #512676 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I am not familiar with what Casey have done, nor do I know how much effort their Association has gone to in building their pathways etc...

What I do know is that at CB they have put a lot of work and dollars into many different facets of their program and pathways over the past few years.

These things take time and yes, without imports and non-local talent they would probably be in D2 or lower D1, but they chose to lift the top end to SCM and have to live with that decision.

Right or wrong, well this will be seen in about 5 years I reckon, but unless you guys know all the other factors behind the scenes that have taken place to improve the overall standard of the program and its pathways, maybe you would comment differently?

To develop those local kids takes time and lots of it, the Geelong program is ahead due to its long term domestic competition being so strong in many areas, this has developed over 30+ years, so CB being new kids on the block in this regard will need some time.

Reply #512763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hume City SCM play Sunbury Div 1 tomorrow night at Sunbury.

Reply #512772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear, what kind of value would you place on an association new to BigV, like say CB, that entered D2, used predominantly local talent, continually developed and recruited through their junior program in the VJBL to eventually win it, move upto D1, do the same thing then into SCM but with imports?

Solid, firmly built foundations with progression and clearly defined pathways supported and demonstrated?

Reply #512814 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

No problem with that idea at all anon^, at no time have I stated that what CB has done was the way they should have gone, I have merely stated that they did and I am pretty sure it has been done by other Associations before they did it.

Solid and firmly build foundations are great in theory, how many boards have you been on where this has been implemented as a smooth and seamless transition?

What I have said is that they now have to work on their plans best they can with what they have. If it falls over, well it is the board that has to accept their plan failed, but their entry into SCM was their decision and it was accepted by the Big V...

If they went in top heavy, without building the ground up first, it will be a hard slog for many years and quite costly to support, but if it is the incentive juniors need to hang around the place and they develop some decent players, good on them for having a go...

Anon, you have expressed your opinion and a basic plan for any Association to adopt, but you should also consider there are many more variables and behind the scenes work that needs to be done outside of just the top end team they wish to submit, cheers.

Reply #512863 | Report this post

fubr  
Years ago

In what way has Eltham suffered?

Reply #512865 | Report this post

Captain  
Years ago

How has Eltham suffered? Really??????

Reply #512943 | Report this post

Captain  
Years ago

Anyhow, I think 2015 will be a fantastic comp for Champ men......from what i hear there are some great recruits coming to the league.

Reply #512945 | Report this post

Spoke to one of the Oakleigh boys last night and rumour is they have signed an import who is better than Kaban and he will be landing in Melbourne next week.

They have also had some strong talent over the summer period join the club. Sounds promising for them in D2M.

Reply #512985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love how comparisons are made on imports before they even land....

Like a dollar for every hyped up import that's landed with NBA std highlight tapes and have shrunk 3" on the flight and would struggle in D2...

Reply #512991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear, I know for a fact CB did not intend to enter a team in SCM. They were hoping for D1, however their fear was that being new they would end up in D2.
So when they presented, osborn, walker, reardon, osborne, smith; all never played SCM and were not with any other side at the time.
The league saw walker 7', smith x-nbl, reardon x-seabl then osborn & osborne. With this list the league tempted them up with the idea of an import would make them competitive.
The result has been a good one despite the constant negativity.
The point about the youth is correct. They lost talent every year without a pathway.
There challenge now is not the SCM, that is self sufficient. It is staying constant with the development which is a rocky road.

Reply #512993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who have Oakleigh signed?

Reply #513030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #512991, normally I would agree, but Oakleigh got it very right with Kaban, so I rate their chances again.

Not sure who it is will be interesting to see the announcement.

Reply #513073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting assessment of Kaban.

Sure he posted good numbers but some of his play at both ends of the floor would not have been tolerated by others clubs.

Reply #513077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he puts up the same numbers in D1 then he legit, but lets not forget it was Division Poo.

Reply #513083 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Some practice games on the Peninsula this weekend, Southern Pen Vs:

Saturday 7th Feb - Youth Women V Mckinnon 1.30pm
Saturday 7th Feb - Men V Mckinnon 3.30pm
Sunday 8th Feb - Youth Women V Keysborough 11am
Sunday 8th Feb - Women V Dandenong YLW 1pm

What other practice games are on this weekend?

Reply #513095 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I'm glad they've got airconditioning at Southern Peninsula as it should be fun in 35 degree heat....

Reply #513104 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

Corio Bay Mens are having a game vs a touring US side on the 13th of Feb was a cracker last year be interesting to see what happens this time around

Reply #513121 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Taking the blow up pool with me Happy Days, should keep me cool in the stands lol

Reply #513158 | Report this post

Max42  
Years ago

Keysy playing a touring group from the USA as well Saturday night. Is that the same one as CB are playin?

Reply #513236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats also playing a match against the touring USA Eurobasket team on Wed 11.

I would assume it's the same touring team the different local clubs are playing.

Reply #513237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it is the same team. Playing State Champ and Seabl teams. Keysy coach knows the guy bringin them out so has been able to get the game also.

Reply #513240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gelder,
From 31st January, wondering what information you have on YLM2 Casey team and why they'll be so good?

Reply #514493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched what Casey Youth did to Coburg and a few other teams this preseason. They are well ahead of where they were last year which wasn`t very far off the pace.

They should do quite well.

Reply #514526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't Casey Youth only played one preseason game, against Coburg?
Not much to work from

Reply #514740 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

#Cavsnation

Reply #514747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It`s YL2 the two better teams by a long shot have gone up so Casey will win by a country mile.

Reply #514752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think it's that clear cut in YL2M. Casey, Warrandyte and possibly Chelsea should be top 3. Any of those 3 could win it. There's also a couple of new unknown teams also I guess. So will have to wait and see on them.

Reply #514780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey vs Warrandyte Lock it in. Chelsea and Melton thereabouts. WP and Mornington to get the pretenders award.

Reply #514783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge news at #bredlife. Confirmed import signing of Ivan Harris ex Ballarat SEABL 3 man to replace Anthony Kimble.

Reply #514803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, that's huge alright! Where Kimble going, to play 3 X 3? Maybe 1 x 5?

Reply #514805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Part of Corio Bay's media release on Scooter Renkin

REALLYYYYYYYYY

"specifically the addition of the highly talented young point guard Jarryd Kingi-Hori from the Ballarat Miners."

Are they serious? Jarryd (Watene) last played with the Miners about 6 years ago, played as a bench player at Melton Div 1 last year. This guy is not a PG or a SG. Mark Leader has himself a DUD.

Reply #514806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eurobasket select touring team beat Blackburn comfortably last week in a practice game, was anyone there ?

How did Blackburn look, were they at full strength ??

Reply #514985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watene is a scrub.. terrible in Div 2 and Div1.. Goodluck Corio

Reply #514996 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Isn't Watene also unfit and undersized? Doesn't seem like a champ player

Reply #515009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fixtures up on the BigV site: www.bigv.com.au

Reply #515027 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Southern Peninsula Men beat Mornington by 30.

Reply #517904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone heard any news about when fixtures/info will be posted for the BIG V pre-season tourney. A lot of complaining about Frankston last two years, havn`t seen much different now with Dandy.

Reply #517915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-10722-0-0-0

Reply #517928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754