Nobody
Years ago

Brian Kerle to coach the 'Bullets'?

Great coach and character undoubtedly but is he serious?
http://bcove.me/1mkdl4ho

Topic #36343 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Not April Fools is it???

Reply #512088 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can someone explain what is going on? Weird short URL, random video player, someone I don't know. I bailed.

Reply #512090 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Looks like a brightcove short URL, used them a bit before, but if it's questionable, I'm not gonna try at work...

Reply #512092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brian is a legend.

GET HIM INVOLVED !!

Why doesn't he contact the NBL about his desire to be involved ??

Reply #512093 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

APN are an out door media company. A bit odd that they would be watermarking this

Reply #512095 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Don't know how this has come about. Kerle notorious for not being a people person, can't imagine players wanting to play for him and hasn't coached any serious basketball since he got the boot from the nbl. Possible name being raised to try and stir nostalgic interest from old time fans.

Reply #512096 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

Kerle posted it on his own FB timeline.

Reply #512113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol at FB post, so he is scrounging around for a job then?

while we are at it Wildcats should sign the Black Pearl. actually that wouldn't be too bad to see Perth play a nice offence for the first time in years instead of Rob "Goorjian Lite" Bevo or hack Gleeson

Reply #512139 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

Yeah, Bruce Palmer, Al Westover, Alan Black, David Ingham all wants gigs too ;)

Reply #512149 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Kearle seems passionate enough, certainly putting his rep on the line he was to be out of his depth. I like the nostalgic angle personally.

Reply #512227 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Wayne Hammerling used to cover the Bullets 'back in the day'. He was also the one doing that Derek Rucker vid last year. I think if Kerlie was that keen on coaching he would have stuck with the game somehow & somewhere. There is no doubt that Kerlie was responsible for the golden age of the Bullets, but he also has made some of the classic life/business/leadership mistakes your parents/teachers/leadership books warn you against, and from what I've heard, hasn't learnt from them.

I remember talking with the Bullets GM & one of the players (a Boomer squad member) on the last night Kerlie coached the Bullets. The GM was saying how Kerlie was going to get sacked, and I said "but Kerlie got you (the player) to play here"...trying to point out Kerlie's recruiting skills and the player just said "I didn't realise how bad it was here."

Those days were great days. I have fond memories of Boondall filled to capacity & the players were amazing. But those days are a memory. Basketball has changed a lot since then.

Reply #512266 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

ps. Good to see you're still around bEn :)

Reply #512268 | Report this post

imousuck  
Years ago

JvG wants a job how can somebody with his mastery of the points system not be in an NBL position lulz.

Reply #512380 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Whole page in the Courier Mail today was an interview with Brian Kerle. He says he doesn't want to coach but instead he wants to work in the front office.

Reply #512640 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Also he doesn't want them to be called the Bullets because of gun violence...

Reply #512641 | Report this post

Nobody  
Years ago

JVG has a very good job.

Reply #512647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has to be Bullets

Reply #512701 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754