Jack Toft
Years ago

R20: Sixers v Cats

Who wants 3rd spot?

It's a simple question, but one that may be answered tonight. Potentially, 3rd spot could give that team home GF is things fall their way.

The Cats played the game of the year last round against the Breakers and Cedric "The Cat Slayer" Jackson didn’t just put a dagger in the Cats heart, he gave inspiration for all 10 year old basketballers to go for the prayer shot. If it was the Arena, Jarrod would have given Cedric a second go to see if he could do it again.

The absence of Knight for a few games showed just how central he is to the Cat’s plans and just how fragile the Cats can be without the big fellow lumbering up the court for the mismatch seal in the paint. Don’t worry, that’s why they have Beal. Surely their gameplan isn’t just dribble the ball aimlessly around the key looking for a mismatch and when it does happen, kick it out to the $ for a three.

The Sixers are playing with Mojo and look hard to beat at home. They are carrying form into this game.

How bad do you want third spot?

Sixers all the way.

Topic #36533 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who lives in Adelaide, needs to go to this game tonight.

It will be an absolute cracker !!

Reply #516436 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

Cattalini cup and rogers medal awarded tonight

and 36ers supporting the CFS and wearing Their "AWAY" yellow strip

should be a cracker of a game!

Anyone know how ticket sales are for it?

ill be there!

#36ersnation #injoeywetrust

Reply #516443 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

We certainly are getting spoilt for quality match ups heading into the finals. A lot riding on this game for the Wildcats particularly . They are coming up against the in-form team on the road and should be a good game for fans to gauge weather they are contenders ir pretenders.

Last game between these two was an absouloute cracker and scoring feast.
I've got my rose coloured glasses and my one eye wide open for this one . Cats for the upset and statenent :P

Reply #516447 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Adelaide $1.48, Cats $ 2.67 atm
That sounds pretty right to me.

Reply #516448 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Big game, a bit riding on it too, would be nice to come away with the Fruchocs.

Reply #516454 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Would it?
I'm not sure I want to win this game.
Whatever results in us playing Cairns rather than NZ in the semis is my preferred result.
I guess ideally we would win this one and then still give ourselves the option of losing on Sunday if needed.

Reply #516458 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

36ers will be too good, too much talented, already proven to anyone in the know what they are capable of now... just time to execute consistently.

They want 3d if they can get it, you always strive for a potential home court adv in the GF.

Reply #516461 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Dunkin Dan, thats my preferred match-up but I'll take a confidence-boosting win right now, over the favourable match-up. Knocking off the form team in front of their several hundred screaming & knowledgable fans will do us wonders.

Reply #516463 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Uwe Blab,

It would also have the chief benefit of being funny.

Reply #516466 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Great match up to end season. Can see Adelaide getting this one at home. Would rather finish 4th and avoid Nz in semis they're still the favorites imo.

Reply #516470 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Just got an email from Ticketmaster about Happy Hour tickets for tonight.
I thought 36ers used ProTicket?

Reply #516489 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Ticketmaster bought out Proticket. It will now cost an additional $6+ "delivery fee" to have your existing swipe card validated for the final.

Reply #516495 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Lawl.

I hate TicketMaster and Ticketek...

Say what you will about litigation in the US, but at least someone was able to successfully sue TicketMaster over their fees there :P

Reply #516496 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Think of the all the money you guys saved during the Marty Clarke era!

Reply #516497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone got odds on how long it will take Flophage to hit the ground, over or under 2 mins in?

They try and set the tone so early so hopefully our guys don't get sucked into it.

Reply #516514 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Cats too inconsistent this year and have had plenty of opportunities to make a statement. It wont happen this game the sixers will flog em by 10+

Reply #516523 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Anon : 6514 Probably the same odds as it is for Petrie to commit an act of thuggery or Wilson to flail his arms around in an attempt to get a foul :P

Reply #516525 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

526 - Really Peach is a thug ???? Take a Chill Pill please and take your rose cloured or should I say Red comiured glasses off...

Reply #516529 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Surprised that Perth are only $2.45 for this game. Perth even at full strength just aren't consistent enough to contend.

Reply #516531 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Anon: Pipe down would ya lol I think your the one who needs to chill, i was just poking a bit of fun to one of the above comments ;)

Reply #516536 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Or for Motum to get up in someone's face after a simple lay-up (or his favourite Euro-step away from the basket). :P

Reply #516537 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Or Joey to throw a punch at a member of Perth's coaching staff :P *Shots Fired*

Reply #516540 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I believe Adelaide can and will win tonight. Perth's defence is back to its usual self, especially since Matt Knight returned from yet another injury. But lately their offence has been misfiring.

Perth didn't have Matt Knight the last time the two teams played in Perth. But Adelaide didn't have DJ either.....

36ers by 12.

Reply #516541 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Adelaide by 4, I suspect. Under ten, anyway.

Reply #516544 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

"or should I say Red comiured glasses off."

No, you shouldn't say that.

Reply #516546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad you clarified that Train coz if you think Peach is a thug then you must be playing for some fairies competition!!

Reply #516547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Dunkn Dan, if Perth win tonight they go 16-11, Adelaide 15-12. Perth lose Sunday & Adelaide win, their records are equal. Perth finishes ahead on 'the split' & still have to travel to NZ to face the Breakers.

Only way to guarantee a Cairns v Perth by the end of tonight's matchup is to:

1) Lose to the 36ers by enough tonight to lose 'the split'
2) Lose both games thus ensuring the 36ers win puts them ahead regardless of Sunday

Perth may still get NZ if they lose tonight, then win on Sunday whilst Adelaide lose.

Why flirt with form trying to manipulate the side you get in the first round. You'll have to beat both NZ & Cairns on an away schedule, unless 3rd & 4th make it through to the GF, a situation you'd want 3rd place for the home GF series.

Reply #516548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@UweBlab - thanks for continuing to acknowledge Adelaide fans as the most knowledgeable. We're glad & honoured to be able to continue to teach you the game inticacies. Enjoy tonight's matchup, regardless of the result.

Reply #516549 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Agree. Flirting with form right now would be madness. The only time I would do that is to rest players when the result doesn't matter, like last year when Perth rested their starters against the Sixers in the last or second last game.

Reply #516550 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Hmm, could be an interesting game.
Cats have seemed to be back to their defensive best. In their last encounter they allowed Adelaide to run the tempo, so it will be interesting to see if they challenge that.
Also interesting to see if the 6's lower defensive pressure allows some of the Cats who have been struggling to cut lose.

Adelaide have obviously been in good form, so would approach this game with confidence. I honestly don't think HCA means as much when these two teams play, they both shown they can play well and win in the opposing city.

It's difficult to predict an outcome. I tend to think that it will either be the Cats in a closely fought slog, OR a comfortable win for the 6's if they can open up the D.

Reply #516559 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

"No, you shouldn't say that."

*snort*

Reply #516560 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The games this round are obviously important for determining who plays who, but I'm not sure that really matters. Different if 2nd place was on the line, but this is just shuffling deck chairs.

Nobody likes the idea of travelling to Auckland twice, but at the same time NZ have looked the most inconsistent & vulnerable in recent weeks.
IF they are such a bogey team, then they will make the GF and you'd have to face them anyway.

Cairns are the best team in the comp, and too many people are disrespecting them by implying a SF series against them is somehow easier.

Reply #516569 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Cairns are the best team in the comp, and too many people are disrespecting them by implying a SF series against them is somehow easier.

Best record does not automatically equate to best team. A lot has gone right for Cairns this season, while all the other top four teams have had adversity. That's why I don't rate Cairns as the best team in the competition. They are also unproven in playoffs historically, unlike the other 3 teams.
I'm not writing them off, they could potentially win it all, I just believe they're the most vulnerable of the top-four.

Reply #516574 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

It doesn't matter whether Cairns are pretenders or the Harlem Globetrotters, we'd still rather play them than NZ.

No doubt that warms the cockles of many a Kiwi heart, but that record in finals is getting absurd.

Reply #516579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let's go 10 in a row by close of sunday!

Reply #516581 | Report this post

sixers147  
Years ago

Adelaide by 29, Motum to burn it up, DJ to get a double double, Redhage and Wagstaff to get called for techs for Flopping.

Wildcats dont deserve to be in the playoffs after their recent form, they will be the only team making up the numbers, but in a way thats a good thing to see them get smashed.

Reply #516582 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Sixers147 is on the hard stuff again

Reply #516583 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Good finish to the first by Adelaide (coinciding with Knight on the bench) but its Perth 20-19 at the end of the first.

Perth led by as much at 10 at a couple of points and were dominating on the boards before the 36ers clawed their way back in.

Looks like it'll be a good game

Reply #516586 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Cairns are Easily the best team, they will not be easily overcome.

Reply #516588 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

No train you are a typical arrogant perth supporter, watch adelaide show you who are the championship favourites for this year when we get out of 2nd gear

Reply #516590 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

yeah they are totally looking like championship material right now :P

Reply #516592 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

Hire has 2 threes :0

Reply #516594 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Good teams win when they don't play well perth can't play any better and adelaide playing poorly and on,y down 3. Says a lot about your team

Reply #516595 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"Adelaide by 29, Motum to burn it up, DJ to get a double double "

I think there's something wrong with your octopus

But in all honesty, I think the games been a cracker so far. Looks like being another high scoring game which is weird because Perths offense is rubbish.

Reply #516596 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Typical call from the NBL refs. Flopper had Wilson's arm locked and Wilson gets called for the foul.

Perth are without doubt the best defensive team in the league when they get going. But they are also the best at fooling the refs. Though Beal was cautioned for a flop.

Perth lead 51-48 at the half.

Knight has 12 points and 6 rebounds. Flopper has 10 and 6 while Beal has 11 and 1 with 3 assists.

Wilson is the only 36er in double figures scoring 15. Creek has 9 and 3, Peach 8 and 3. Motum with 3, DJ with 2 and Gibbo with 0 need to step it up offensively, though DJ has 5 rebounds and Gibbo has 3 assists.

Perth lead the rebounds 25-19.

Lets face it, Adelaide's defence has not been the best by a long way this year which is helping Perth tonight. But despite Perth's better D, Adelaide is still finding ways to score.

Will be a good second half. I can still see Adelaide getting the win, but they won't do it by 29.

Reply #516598 | Report this post

Budgie  
Years ago

Why is One showing Kings and un-United? Haven't they heard of game of the week?
Dickheads!!

Reply #516599 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

Here comes the standard late game fade out.

Reply #516600 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Matty Knight may be somewhat injury prone, but Perth are a different team with him out there.

I've said it before and will again. He plays well above his height under the basket. Though against 7 footers like DJ and Big Red even his muscle can't compensate for being about 4 inches shorter.

36ers won the 3rd 22-16. Adelaide lead 70-60 with one period left.

Reply #516601 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Make that lead 70-67

Reply #516602 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

True colours showing now, cats cannot handle the superior adelaide team.

Reply #516603 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

Dat white flag

Reply #516604 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

A 20 point turn around since the first period. If only we hadn't started off so damn slow we could have given that 29 points a shake.

Motum is on fire from outside. He's hit 5/6 and 3 in the last 3 minutes.

Reply #516605 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

Adelaide have ridden their luck this year with their personnel with first Motum and the Anthony going down and DJ becoming magically available.

Guess it's dat fate.

Reply #516606 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

Adelaide have ridden their luck this year with their personnel with first Motum and the Anthony going down and DJ becoming magically available.

Guess it's dat fate.

Reply #516607 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Overrated cats lose again. Sixers cairns grand final

Reply #516608 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

Dat Motum dagger :(

Reply #516609 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Adelaide 98-92 with 32.2 seconds left after Peach iced 2 FT's. Time out Perth.

Motum limped off with what looked to be an ankle or knee. How lucky are we that we have someone like DJ to come on as a replacement.

Reply #516610 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Can not believe Gibbo hasn't scored tonight. 0/4 from the field, 3 of those 3 point attempts.

He has 6 assists and 2 steals though. 3 turnovers too.

Reply #516611 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Yep two wnd in a row to the Sixers against our arch rivals. First two games no DJ or motum so I'd measure our performance when we are at full strength.

Reply #516612 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Motum said it was just a knock to his calf. Doesn't think it's too serious and hopes he'll be ok for Sunday's game.

Reply #516613 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Jamar Wilson will have to give league MVP a shake.

Reply #516614 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Great game again , Wilson is a beast. Hope he wins MVP. Perth did well to stay in touch but they will need to tighten a few screw if they are going to win any road games in the finals .

What's the deal on Motum, was he injured or just a corky ?

Reply #516618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Can not believe Gibbo hasn't scored tonight. 0/4 from the field, 3 of those 3 point attempts.
He has 6 assists and 2 steals though. 3 turnovers too."
Good thing he isn't playing for a contract.... Oh wait.

Reply #516619 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Adelaide win 101-94.

Adelaide won the rebounds 40-36, dominating Perth with a 21-11 second half. DJ was our best with 9. Flopper led the Cats with 11.

Motum had 25 points on 7/12 shooting with 6/7 from outside. Wilson has 24 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists. Creek had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 2 assists.

Beal had 23 points for the Cats. Knight went 20 and 6 while Flopper had a double double with 17 and 11 with 4 assists.

Perth's shooting let them down tonight. They had 14 more shots than Adelaide (79-65), but the 36ers shot at 49.2% (32/65) while Perth could only hit 43% (34/79). Adelaide were also 60% from outside (9-15) and 82.4% from the line (28/34). Perth were 9/27 from 3 point land (33.3%) and 73.9% from the line (17/23)

Motum just confirmed he got a knock on his calf. Oh, and he also won the Paul Rogers Medal.

Reply #516620 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

We have now beaten every team at least 2 this season which is a great effort when we lost our first 2 games against Perth, Cairns, Melbourne and Sydney

GO SIXERS

Reply #516621 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Perth gave everything they had and were doing ok for the first half, but just didn't have the talent or athleticism to stick with Adelaide for 4 quarters.

These 36ers have too much talent and come at you you every night with someone different. I mean Gibson didn't even score, DJ had 8 and they dominated the second half. Perth to there credit didn't let us run away with it, but never felt in doubt once Motum got going.

Dazz I disagree, Cairns aren't the best team, not easily, I believe thats the Adelaide 36ers at this stage.

Reply #516623 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Definitely played according to 6's tempo, and that was never going to work for Perth.
Cat's offence predictably mediocre.

Reply #516624 | Report this post

ronny  
Years ago

If it wasn't for motum, perth would have won.He was incredible with some huge momentum killers.

Reply #516626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin is in terrible shooting form. & your putting your house on Motum shooting like that again..NO!
Enjoy the night,but it's Cairns v NZ GF series boys.

Reply #516627 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Cats will be lucky to win a game in the finals, just don't look sharp enough for long enough. maybe it was the tired factor from the double OT game, but ran out of gas. Martin still can't hit the ocean, its actually remarkable he hasn't obviously bothered to do extra training on his shooting. Massive liability in that area.

Reply #516628 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Really, thats what you guys get out of that, IF Motum doesn't make those shots, Perth win. Key is he did, he was given 6 wide open 3's thats Perth fault, and if they closed out, straight to the rim and would've been more foul trouble or finishes.

6ers won 9 out of 10 now, and every time its been a different weapon, tonight happened to be the long range bomb. Try again.

Reply #516629 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

When the guy taking the most shots is shooting at 37% your in trouble. When the guy playing the most minutes can only find 2.5 rebounds your in trouble.
If he turns form around Perth can win it. Unlikely tho! Very poor season!

Reply #516630 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

D'oh, oh well.

Reply #516632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Bulls didn't have michael Jordan ....

Reply #516634 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

Why is the guy Martin's guarding scoring 25 points.

I guess the guys have just lost the desire this season Asher the jubilant high of last.

Reply #516635 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'll be very suprised if Sixers aren't in the grand final . They are certainly the best team at the moment. Its pretty scary when you score 100 points in a game ... Twice .... Against the best defensive team in the league.

Reply #516636 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

They're good, I just wonder if they're not pulling a Richmond Tigers here...

Reply #516639 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

No Nathan, there not. C'mon now, its legit, they've got the deepest roster out of the 4 and they aren't even fully rolling yet.

Reply #516643 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

But you have considered it, haven't you? :D

Reply #516645 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

& your putting your house on Motum shooting like that again..NO!
Well, not 6/7 threes, but he is shooting at 49% this season from three which is one of the best marks in the league. Hasn't shot under 50% 3P in a game for over a month.

Daniels seemed like a non-factor. Knight had 20 points but only played 23:45. Beal and Martin carried the load with 36+ minutes each. Gleeson not saving them for finals?

Nathan, you don't know Kobe24 - he's not afraid of the woofing gods. Telling it how it is while the rest of us hold back so it doesn't bite us on the arse. He's right - certainly on paper, Adelaide have depth, form, decent HCA, attitude to win them some road games, and aren't scared of Cairns or NZ. And they haven't been at 100%. At best, it's been scrappy and fast-paced play that just overwhelms the opposition.

Joey's challenge appears to be keeping them moving when things go dead as they did tonight part way through the fourth.

Reply #516646 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nah no time to think like that, busy winning.... a lot ;)

Reply #516647 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, that's what Richmond said ... well, at least you won't have to worry about kicking with the win come finals!

Reply #516648 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

That's how you tank a game properly. Thanks Trevor for keeping it interesting to the end. Don't forget to give Andrej a copy of the game tape.

I was disappointed in Beal getting warned for a flop, he fell over while on offense, I thought he understood the team rule "we only fall over on defense" that's a guaranteed call in perths favour.

Schench and Hire were having disagreements about who has the better hair ties but otherwise both teams were civil.

Reply #516649 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ahh boy.... Richmond got on a roll. Adelaide have made massive roster changing and as Perth are now aware, have become nearly unstoppable. So, no don't disrespect the 36ers by comparing us to any team with Jack in it!

Reply #516650 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Daniels has been the Achilles Heal of the cats this year. Just not aggressive enough and when he is, it usually results in turnovers. He has had a few decent games but replace him for Ennis and they would be #1 again.

Reply #516652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ or Adelaide win it all

Reply #516655 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Wont be getting Ennis back anytime soon. Daniels has been a big flop for mine, was expecting huge things from him, shows just how special Ennis was. Just because your drafted doesn't mean much unless you can actually play.

Reply #516656 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Kobe24 : I'm still scratching my head on how he was picked as high as he was in the draft. There's no way he is ready for the NBA in the foreseeable future. Hopefully it's a lesson learnt for the Cats and they scout a little better next year.

Reply #516657 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

You'd have to think any NBA draftee would be awesome at NBL level, just unlucky really, would've happened to any NBL team if he wanted to play out here. Probs hasnt helped his cause he has followed up behind Ennis. Thats like going on after the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show!

Reply #516660 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Haha true, still I expect more from their recruitment next year. They got the coin to get a Childress- like player....do it.

Reply #516662 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Agreed, the league doesn't need Daniels types, god knows he'd be on decent money yet not a decent highlight in sight. Wish Childress had stayed healthy, was great for the 'sports fan' type with no alliances. Childress types get people on board.

Reply #516664 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

How good was that game? Some super players involved. Loved Joey Wright's move, Motum is getting murdered by Knight so gets him to PF and then moves back to C when Knight off the court.

Wilson and Motum have become such a great combo, how often do they find each other? Great to see another big Adelaide crowd too.

Perth will take some heart from the game, they can play better and were still close. Hard to see them winning the title though, they're 1-5 on the road v NZ, Cairns and Adelaide and they'll have to pinch at least two to get the championship.

Reply #516666 | Report this post

sixers147  
Years ago

CATS 1-5 on the road against other top 4 teams, seriously, the only game they won was against Adelaide when we had no DJ and Brock had only just joined the team, I think any team would of beaten the sixers that night.

Is Damian Martin the most overated player in the NBL. He cannot shoot if his life depended on it, hes a back up point guard at best. Sixers confirmed 3rd spot, will steam roll Hawks, sweep the breakers hopefully then its another grand final for the sixers, 2 in a row.

Reply #516668 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I hope Sydney can secure Childress for next season (and beyond). He is a major asset, not only to the Kings but the league.

Is Motum, Wilson and Johnson signed for the sixers next year ?

Reply #516669 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

sixers147, just keep your emotions in check before typing, some of the stuff is a little over the top. Martin can't shoot, but to say he is a backup at best is just wrong.

Reply #516670 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Sixers147 : I get your a passionate fan and all but a your posts are Sixers rule and opponents/cats suck. Good on you for your team winning at all but you'd be a much cooler hoopsster if you stop being so " in ya face" . Martins game is defence, he's never been a profilic scorer and he is great player. See the game for why it is - an awesome game between great rivals.

Reply #516676 | Report this post

sixers147  
Years ago

KOBE 24 please, you telling me Damian Martin is a super point guard, the guy averages 3 points a game. Tell me one NBA team that has their starting point guard averaging 3 points a game. I would think none

Reply #516677 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

There are a lot of good sixers fans on this forum but sixers147 isn't one of them.

Reply #516678 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Good thing he isn't playing for a contract.... Oh wait."

Gibson isn't playing for a contract, he has the option next year if he wants to play or not.

Reply #516679 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Daniel's big problem is he cannot perform on the road. He consistently turns in bad performances away from the arena. I think the NBA recruiters got too taken in by the NCAA championship performance. (Would be nice if he reacts to the NBL finals in the same way he reacted to that tournament though).

Mind you, he's still NBL starter quality.

Reply #516680 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

When he gets going Martin can be a very good shooter. He just doesn't get his offence going all that much. Though he's the best defender in the league, but even that wasn't enough to stop an in-form Jamar Wilson.

Still, he scored 6 points tonight. That's 6 more than Gibbo scored. Good thing Adelaide wasn't relying on Gibbo hitting his shots to win the game.

sixers147, try not to put the cart before the horse. Nothing has been won yet and third place isn't even secure. Both teams still have a game to go and if Perth beat Townsville and the Hawks beat us on Sunday then we finish 4th regardless of tonight.

Reply #516681 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Nathan, you don't know Kobe24 - he's not afraid of the woofing gods. Telling it how it is while the rest of us hold back so it doesn't bite us on the arse. He's right - certainly on paper, Adelaide have depth, form, decent HCA, attitude to win them some road games, and aren't scared of Cairns or NZ.

Completely agree. Afraid to put the ocker on the 36ers but if I was an opposition fan, or someone who had some sort of objective view, Adelaide would be seen as a scary proposition for any side at the moment. While i'm a 36ers fan scared of jinxing the situation, or it coming back to haunt us, I dare say, we still have to continue winning games. And what's the statistical chances of winning 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 games in a row? It feels almost like trying to achieve a "perfect season".

KOBE 24 please, you telling me Damian Martin is a super point guard, the guy averages 3 points a game. Tell me one NBA team that has their starting point guard averaging 3 points a game. I would think none

Nobody is trying to say an NBA quality star. But Damian Martin is one of the best in the NBL, particularly from a defensive point of view. I'd have the guy in a 36ers uniform any day of the week.

36ers fans will enjoy this win, mostly because of the rivalry and our meteoric rise but also a little because some of the sh*t posting that goes on haha

Reply #516683 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Daniels is here because he WASN'T ready for the NBA. I guess players at that level are a gamble on the future. They stick them somewhere for a year or two and wait to see if they're worth persisting with.

He's a good player, very good by NBL standards. The problem is he's a very "SMALL" forward which is probably not what the Cats needed. Their biggest problem is that everyone else has gotten a year older, and nobody has stepped up to bridge the gap.

Some 6's fans need to figure out what they want to do more; hate Perth or support your own team?
If the Cats are SO shite, and Adelaide could only just scrape a home victory, then you've got problems. LOL

Unfortunately, I think Perth are just making up the numbers this year. Any of the other 3 could be a chance.

Reply #516684 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixers147 is the only reason that I would love to see Adelaide lose... What an arse clown.

Reply #516685 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Just what the coach ordered, play hard but lose. Every one in Perth knew, they would drop this one, I'll take cairns over nz every day of the week.

Kobe24 & 147 you can't put brains in statues!

Just remember we are still the champs! Layed the smack down in game 3 in the gf, got a copy if you want one and I'll express post it for you if you like I don't mind? You two probably crying like bitches when the boys held the cup! It is a bit heavier than a spoon.

Just remember half the teams you beat in this streak.

Reply #516689 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Guys ya'll need to remember that NBA comes with 3 second defensive rulw wuich clears the key for the small PF's. Unfortunately, when a player sees a DJ, Motum, Schensh or Peach step in under them the help defence from terrier Aussie guards they flail. Different environmment and some just can't transpose. MU has had the same issue.

Perth needs to stop spending so much time on the off ball antics and 'How to get away with Murder' !!!! meaning Murdering their own integrity and just play. Redhage and Gleeson need to go. Their game is no longer what Australian Ball is about. Just can't stand watching all the crap. Prefer a NZ Cairns Adelaide game with an almost clean hard fought game and some great dimes and sweet handles.. Perth is the only team all others get the calls against them and it is getting boring... Knock them out Cairns, Hope Cairns takes out the Wildogs with class !

Reply #516692 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

yes no doubt Gleeson instructed his team to look like they wanted to win but not to play enough to win. Cats 4 Life you need a life .

Reply #516697 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Oh good, cats for life has come along, douche.

Reply #516700 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Muzz Buzz, he is a cat for life remember!

Reply #516703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't disrespect jack and Richmond by comparing them to the spirits, sorry I mean the 36ers...

Reply #516721 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Why did the 36ers wear yellow at home?

Reply #516726 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Amazing how cocky you guy's are when ure team is winning? And you guy's bag Perth supporters! Guess you got to make it count when you can you don't get that feeling like we have every year.

Motum and creek are just as bad as redhage and willson just runs around looking for the call. Guess you can't see that because they are not wearing red.

Reply #516729 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Just remember half the teams you beat in this streak.

Perth twice, NZ away, Melb Utd away before they starting sucking, Wollongong away (never an easy game). Just prior to the streak beat Cairns in Cairns.
Only four out of the nine wins in the streak have been at home.

Not an overly strong argument there...

Reply #516730 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

At this point it's not really worth arguing or reducing yourself down to his/her level of immaturity. It's like a bunch of 10 year olds are arguing

Reply #516732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ket. In support of our Country Fire Service Volunteers (CFS) who wear yellow and did an amazing job in our recent bushfires in the Adelaide Hills. Tins were out to collect donations. Awesome idea with funds going to the units involved to provide equipment and so on. Outside the Arena were CFS vehicles. for everyone to look at.

Reply #516734 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

36ers fans have every reason to be feeling good IMO.
Am I right in saying that they are 12-1 in the last 2 months? That's awesome form leading into the finals.

Reply #516735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats 4 Life will never understand what is meant by dirty vs pushing the boundries and that includes consistently being dirty. Also doesn't watch Adelaide and the rest of the NBl to play to see the difference and the quality clean games to know what everyone is talking about. Sorry you miss out on that.

Reply #516737 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

9-0 is great! But 6-0 on the road since Christmas is what really excites me. Especially seeing as we are unlikely to have any home advantage in the finals.

Sadly I cant make the home Semi Final, so I'll be hoping like crazy we can win game one in NZ or Cairns.

Reply #516738 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I really hope It ends up being a Adelaide vs Perth grand final :P I still think those 2 teams have the greatest rivalry in the NBL.

Reply #516740 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Adelaide and Perth DO have the best and oldest rivalry in the NBL.

Unless you ask Ch.10, then its Melbourne and Sydney. Isn't that why we're getting them twice this weekend, because that's what everyone apparently wants to see.......

Players like Flopper Redhage get away with so much on court BS its not funny. But hey, he keeps getting away with it so why shouldn't he do it to give his team an advantage. Which is more fool to the refs who keep falling for his crap.

Perth tanked last night? More like Perth were just out classed and out played. Perth tanking is just the excuse some (not all) Cats fans will use so they don't have to play NZ in the Semis. But damn wouldn't it be nice to see them swept in the Semis, especially by Cairns. Where will the tanking calls be then???

Reply #516743 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Of course, that would have to mean Cairns win at the Perth Arena and I can't see that happening TBH. Winning twice at the CCC sure, but not in Perth.

Reply #516744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats for life, the Adelaide 36ers are a superior team to yours. Word to ya motha!

Reply #516746 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

The final frontier for the Cats

Win the title with 0 home court advantage.

It can be done

Reply #516772 | Report this post

DDA  
Years ago

And if not, no worries.

2 titles at home in 5 years did me just fine :)

Reply #516773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No its not, lets be honest its eating you up how badly they have fallen. Wheres Uwe through all this... last night was a cracker of a game and no words of wisdom. Love messing with cats fans, they are too easy!

Reply #516787 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Lol anon, its great watching your psychoses play out along with sixers147 =D

Reply #516791 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Tanked?
No.
I don't think Perth were frantic about the result, focus is now shifting to the finals, but there's a big difference between that and "tanking."

Not that I would discount them being "strategic," but I just don't think this supposed preference to play Cairns is material enough to warrant not playing to win.
Damo had another game where he couldn't hit the side of a barn.. Had he connected like he can (on occasion) the Cats could have won. SO no, I don't think telling Damo to "shoot badly" was their strategy.

Reply #516805 | Report this post

ronny  
Years ago

I said a while back, no one is beating Adelaide in a 3 game series home court advantage or not.This is coming from Cats fan. To much depth will wear teams out.

Reply #516811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754