Baller
Years ago

More Problems At Mornington

Heard a whisper Berry and his assistant had back sacked as coaches, anyone know whats going on

Topic #36648 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

'had back sacked as coaches'

No idea what you are asking?

Reply #519659 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

May need an interpreter?

Reply #519661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

have been sacked??

Reply #519666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back crack and sack waxed?

Team bonding?

Reply #519667 | Report this post

Baller  
Years ago

have been sacked thats it,,,, is it true ??

Reply #519683 | Report this post

player  
Years ago

Pretty sure he's still there

Reply #519685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they can do a swap with Keysborough Women, Heard word from someone down there yesterday that the club is meeting to discuss the removal of the women`s coach down there.

Reply #519688 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Who wants to be a coach these days....

Reply #519696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to the Hawthorn and Blackburn mens Youth League coaches? - they have both recently departed - season has not even started!!

Reply #519711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Would suggest it is committees having there own opinions on how things should be run.

Reply #519713 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Hang on, does anyone actually know for sure if he has been removed from the program? Otherwise this is all a waste of time.

Reply #519716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with Ashke
Waste of time here if this hasn't even happened.. If it has then I wonder if he will still play there?

Reply #519718 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

You'd be surprised this close to the season.

Reply #519723 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Heard the Blackburn YL coach just up a quit. He made a decision that he didn't want to do it and left.

Nothing secret about it, no conspiracy either.

Reply #519730 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Blackburn YL coach quit because of issues with Div 1 coach. Basically the issues relates to not being given the opportunity to put development time into his young group.
Div 1 coach controlled training content and the younger kids were mainly being used as training fodder. I'm told there were many more issues but the coach is reluctant to elaborate out of respect to the club and playing group.

Reply #519775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YL coaches need to know their place. Should be working with the Div 1 or C'Ship or SEABL coaches. No club can have the tail wagging the dog.

Reply #519781 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yeah I agree but don't think this was the case at Blackburn. YL coach was big on development and promotion to senior team. I'm hearing it was about getting the balance right. YL teams do need to spend time training together as well as working with the seniors.

Pity these two coaches couldn't find a compromise as both were huge assets to the club.

Reply #519788 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What happened with Hawthorn YL coach?

Reply #519796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard that rumour about Keysborough womens coach as well. Dead man walking!!!

Reply #519799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be clever, get rid of only coach that's ever been successful developing anything there.

Reply #519810 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

If what your saying the Keysborough coach being a "Dead man walking" is true I'd think it would be interesting to see what it does to their team. Might result in a walkout? That'd definitely send them back to the cellar of Div 2.
They destroy the YLM team he won with so that's a possible indicator he doesn't have support.
When this meant to happen?

Reply #519877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Keysie womens coach will not be going anywhere, he has the support of the club! Why would the club get rid of him? There is not a single reason to indicate otherwise. I am part of the club and I can confirm this.

As for destroying YL, please explain what the hell you are on about there? What has the club done to destroy it? Look forward to your knowledgable response.

Reply #520222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Keysy women's coach is the only decent coach to ever set foot in the program. Doubt they would get rid of the only person they have ever had that even comes close to having any idea about coaching.

THE GUY WON COY LAST YEAR.

Trust me he will be staying.

This is probably just the trouble makers from the YL team last year that have ran off to Pakenham and Westernport. Silly kids think bagging people doesn't get back to them. LMAO

Why start rumours? Is your life that sad?

Reply #520259 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Its funny how people call for the coaches head before Round 1.Quicker the season starts the better.

Reply #520260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty evident from the teams display over the weekend that they are not responding. A loss this weekend will spell the end apparently. Already a number of disgruntled players. Apparently one has already quit his team following the tournament.

Seems his in your face approach has put people off side with a number of players and key officials at the club wanting him removed.

Watch this space "dead man walking"

Reply #520581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they would rather rainbows lollipops and losing by 50 each week?
Maybe he's not the problem then.

Reply #520584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets see what happens, it is time he stopped promoting himself above his players all the time and started giving them credit for last years grand final win. It`s all about him and his amazing coaching, not once have I seen any credit given to anyone but himself.

My money is on him being shown the door and replaced by someone who actually knows how to coach.

Reply #520770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just because players move on doesn't mean it comes down to the coach or the club.

maybe after last season they need this type of coach that's the women's side needs someone to be vocal and intense. His approach seemed to have worked with his youth league team last year and results from the tournament at Dandenong show that his women's team has improved and are going to be competitive. If players can't handle a vocal intense coach who is direct they shouldn't be playing.. They need to take in onboard as feedback... If the coach was abusing players then I would be questioning it but from what I've heard and also seen over the weekend he isn't abusive he is always talking to her players when deemed appropriate.

If the club had wanted him removed they would of done so by now ...

Reply #520824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what games you were watching but the Keysborough women`s team only won one game on the weekend. I saw a number of their games and all I saw was a coach yelling at players and telling them what to do no coaching whatsoever. He is going to be found out this year for his lack of coaching skill.

A monkey could have coached the team he had last year to a championship.
The guy is a phoney who doesn`t know his X`s and O`s and will be found out soon enough - watch this space.

Reply #520837 | Report this post

Confused Woman  
Years ago

"The guy is a phoney who doesn`t know his X`s and O`s and will be found out soon enough"

So true. I asked him for a kiss once and he just gave me a hug. I was like WTF was that, dude?? NFI.

Reply #520838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw more than one game over the weekend and I've also heard results from their practice games...
They have clearly made improvement and will be competitive...

If he is a "phoney" and constantly yells at them look at their results so far compared to 2014 season... What are you going to say about their coach from last season if the team lost by over 30 each week with only a number of wins on the board...

Yeah has new looking team but a number of existing players returned... But it is evident that they are going to be competitive and have improved...
The coach has clearly put in the hard yards in preseason with p,ayers to have them show improvement...

We will watch this space then...

But I can assure you it won't be the same as 2014...

Time will tell...

Reply #520839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cmon DM give it a rest mate. Just stick with your zone and all the best for the season.

Reply #520840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This time in three weeks people will be coming back here and agreeing with the statements. The guy can`t coach period!!

They have got closer to teams that beat them badley last year during a pre-season tourney. It`s not like it is the real deal and those teams were going 100 percent.

The butt whoopings will comence once again this weekend, whoever they play.

Reply #520847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So anyone who can't take a team from bottom feeders to champions in one season can't coach?

Reply #520849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woah smh! Smet and the lady cougars are here to stay and ready to fight....got a problem with that then we will see you on the court! Let the games begin baby! 100% all in #together

Reply #520954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^The fight in the Lady Cougars was short lived.

Saturday nights performance showed exactly what people have been saying on here to be true. The coach clearly doesn`t have the support of the group. The team clearly isn`t showing support of the coaches style of play or coaching.

Going to be a long season for this team and if they want to go anywhere they need to remove that guy and fast.

Reply #521294 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

The result was about right in the men.Women very disappointing.There shooting woes from last year came back to haunt them.

Reply #521296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HD speaking to people who were at the game and have seen them in preseason the "shooting woes" are not the problem. It looks like a completely uninspired group that isn`t playing for the coach.

Pretty sure that was the same team that went through 3 coaches last year. Looks like once again they are not happy with the coach and are looking to shaft him.

He obviously isn`t the person to inspire that group and they need to remove him.

Reply #521306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK so the same group went through 3 coaches last year and they aren't happy with this years coach! I think its time to move the player on and not another coach.

Reply #521308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Club administrators who continually allow the tail to wag the dog should step down themselves.....

Reply #521323 | Report this post

JK  
Years ago

All these keyboard warriors, So tough bagging a coach who they probably do not know or have never met. Put your name to it if you are going to bag someone and a club.

That team could potentially play YL but they are stepping up and playing senior basketball, the players have all improved out of sight. The coach has also stayed loyal to the players at the club, he could have just cleaned out the playing group but decided to do the right thing and now all of you are bagging him for it?

All these Keysy bashing is getting a bit old.

And by the way I don't have any affiliation with Keysy before you all jump to conclusions. My club is McKinnon.

Reply #521330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thread title is confusing now, come on here to read about Mornington's problems & all you get is Keysy bashing....

Reply #521331 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Womens coach is a female so i dont get how its a him.Previous coaches were male....

Reply #521332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The knock against him from people spoken to internally is he is expecting the girls to perform at the same level of intensity as boys.

He wants them to view the game the same as boys and make it their focus. They say he is to intense and pushing the team to hard and that he just needs to sit back and let them play.

Looking a lot like a long year ahead for them. Women`s basketball is different and he hasn`t been able to steal players from other clubs teams this year like he did with the last two Youth teams he coached.

Getting it done with his own stock doesn`t seem to be his style and he is now getting found out for it. Seeing that team at the tournament it is very clear they are not playing for him and the result on the weekend basically enforced that.

Keysborough do yourself a favour and make the call now before it is to late.

Reply #521333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HD I believe they are talking about the Keysborough women`s coach not Renay at Mornington. Seems the thread changed from a Demarcus Berry bash to a Keysborough Womens coach bash.

Reply #521334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In regards to Keysy, pretty tough start.

They played melbourne uni who look like they should be in playoff contention, they have the Bye this week then play Pakenham which they should win that (Casey Steam rolled them by 72 points)

Then they have a match up against Casey in Round 4, Coburg in Round 5, blackburn R6.

So realistically on paper they should only have 1 win after round 6 anyway! there Draw to start the season on paper is a tough start.

Reply #521340 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Thanks for the clarification. I only heard positive things about Renay.

Reply #521341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting the talk on here in march about the Keysborough Coach, the results have spoken for themselves this season.

It is very clear that group is non-responsive to him. Saw the game on the weekend bunch of yelling and screaming from the coach and no substance.

Looking at the bench and the players on the court you can clearly see they are not on the same page as the coach.

Spoken with several people at the club over the past few weeks and have been told that he is to be removed the moment the season finishes. The former GM has made it clear to a number of people that they were looking for and have found a replacement to take over.

Players have been contacted and asked if they would stay on board should the coach be sacked. There has also been a number of players from other clubs contacted by the potential replacement coach about coming on board in 2016.

Dead man walking coming through!

Reply #530704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again pathetic low lives with nothing better to do than try to cause a stir.

Get a life, grow up and if you are that sad in your own life don't try to take down a person who is volunteering to help a small club who obviously gives it a red hot crack.

Are you all forgetting that he won a championship for that club less than 12 months ago?

Reply #530758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach is staying - about to be re-signed for another 12 months which will then stop this rubbish. Glad the club is backing him.

Reply #530770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow they are going to re-sign a coach with that kind of record who the players don`t want to play for?

Thats a gutsy call, guess they don`t care about losing the entire playing list.

Reply #530851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the record is as you say, why would they care if the playing list went?

Reply #530853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have caught up with a couple people from Keysy over the last few weeks as well. General thought inside the club they said was he isn't the person for the job. Committee were to meet to discuss wether they make the call now or see the season out.

Reply #530863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is on the committee anon. Clearly you're just trolling

Reply #530889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon I think you'll find you are wrong there. Several people at the club have said that he is no longer on that committee. The guy has been in the outer for some time since having a falling out with the hierarchy at the club.

People in decision making positions at the club are continuing saying or leaking info about him. I don't see why they don't just make the call and be done with it.

Reply #530919 | Report this post

Daniel W  
Years ago

I don't think they are. I think you are just causing a stir.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-8071-0-0-0&sID=185992

Clearly you are just someone who either has been cut from the club and wanting to cause sh!t or from a rival club who wants to try to destroy another clubs reputation.

Its getting a bit old, especially given you are doing it behind anonymously. I'm not from the club but have friends there that are also on the committee and have not heard anything from them. In fact on of them actually said they find it amusing that some pathetic faceless no hoper is has dedicated so much time to doing this.

Boring!

Reply #530932 | Report this post

Daniel W  
Years ago

I don't think they are. I think you are just causing a stir.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-8071-0-0-0&sID=185992

Clearly you are just someone who either has been cut from the club and wanting to cause sh!t or from a rival club who wants to try to destroy another clubs reputation.

Its getting a bit old, especially given you are doing it anonymously. I'm not from the club but have friends there that are also one the committee and have not heard anything from them. In fact on of them actually said they find it amusing that some pathetic faceless no hoper is has dedicated so much time to doing this.

Boring!

Reply #530933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of outdated web sites out there around the league, I Wouldn`t put to much stock in that.

However when his own players are saying they don`t want to play for him and have been approached about whether they will stay on if he is sacked certainly says something.

It should be noted that this is the same committee that got rid of coach last season as well after the players had issues with him.

Reply #530962 | Report this post

sidney deane  
Years ago

So maybe its the players? This is a group that won 3 games last year? Says more about them than their actual coach

Reply #530964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks to me the website says committee for 2015.

What year are we in now I cant keep up?

Reply #530969 | Report this post

Iron Lady  
Years ago

So name these players, or shut up.

Either way don't just make random comments that have no substance.

Reply #530970 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

No substance here at all. It's getting very tiring listening to the same old same old from this anonymous poster

Reply #530972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say get rid of the players.

Reply #530973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn`t that what happened this season?

Reply #531112 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

I say scrap the women's team completely. Clearly its not an area that club can manage.

I believe they have had like 5 coaches in a bit over a year? So surely it cant be the coach.

Reply #531149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn`t the point of moving this coach over from the youth side to provide some stability in the womens program? That doe not seemed to have happened.

Other news was that the former Youth league and Mens coach were having completely different views on the game - thats why a new youth coach was brought in who would run the youth team more in line with what the senior team was trying to do.

Reply #531152 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

Again more anomynous people posting.

If you make a statement put your name to it.

Reply #531258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That goes for you too Red!

Reply #531291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spoke to the coach at the start of the season at the preseason tourney. coming off the season they had last year he said he would be happy with a 8-8 season.

Time will tell if they can acheive that. They have 5 more wins to get from 7 games.

Reply #531308 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Hope they get it and shut all you faceless c you n t's up

Reply #531422 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

Well said T

Reply #531620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice language there T. Facst are facts and the team and coach are not performing. Someone has to take responsibility for that.

Reply #531859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They dont have much talent. Players arent very good. Usually results in not winning.

Reply #531863 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

The playing roster could play in YL if they wanted to. Clearly the team is building. Give the coach a chance.

Reply #531888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is this still even being discussed?

Clearly nothing happened when these peanuts started talking about the coach last time, surely that proves there is nothing to discus.

Reply #531890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to move on peeps

maybe post something positive for a change

Reply #531891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said I think we are all bored of this crap. Just let the poor guy be

Reply #531911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The interesting or funny part here is that the rumours and issues about this coach and team are being fueled by those inside his own club.

As has been done with many before him Keysborough eat there own. You are either part of the "In crew" or you are on the outer.

No Loyalty in that place what so ever.

Reply #531949 | Report this post

Rab  
Years ago

'Anon'

You say "As has been done with many before him Keysborough eat there own"

Can you name names? or are you just trying to cause trouble?

Reply #531958 | Report this post

Tex  
Years ago

The silence.....

Reply #532101 | Report this post

puig  
Years ago

hahaha love it when the peanuts get called out

all I can hear is crickets

Reply #532281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who havn`t Keysborough canned in the past?

Reply #532426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Evidence speaks for itself about the coach.

-17 of the 18 players from the roster last year quit the Youth side as they couldn`t wait to get out from under a dictator.

-His womens team is struggling in a huge way despite a number of signings from higher leagues. These players saw success elsewhere, Why not now?

-A number of players have quit and walked out in the side.

-Several players airing the fact they don`t like the aggressive coaching style and lack of player development.He is even inserting himself into training sessions now bullying the female players.

-Was able to see success last year with a team that was put together and handed to him by others hard work. A monkey could have coached that side to a win.

-The Coach, Captain of the mens team have issues with him also. This info has been doing the rounds for a while now. Certainly not denied by the captain either who was telling someone at the last home game standing next to me that he can`t stand the guy.

-He will be done by the end of the season, having no allies on the club committee and having a club GM that is hell bent on getting him out of the place will be the final nail for him.

-As for the club as a whole, it is well known how they speak about past players there. Anyone that has moved onto other clubs in the past few years is bad mouthed consistantly. This is led in main part by those in power at the club. Big mouths get people in trouble and talking BS about people behind there backs or via social media will come back and bite them as it did in the last 12 months.

Someone from the club can come on here and try and deny any of the above statements, but all of them are true and asking any player within the senior program will provide the same info.

Reply #532434 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754