Anonymous
Years ago

Big V historical records regarding turnovers and points

Whats the closest a team has come to having the same number of TURNOVERS as POINTS?

Pakenham D2W had 30 turnovers and scored 39 points against Mornington.

Topic #36776 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There have been YLW games with 40+ TOs and less than 30 points in the past.

Reply #522206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry less than 40 pts ^^^

Reply #522207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW.

Just Wow!

Reply #522210 | Report this post

dot nunk  
Years ago

Well the week before the Pakenham Women had 43 To's and 24 points.

Reply #522212 | Report this post

Skip  
Years ago

This is the exact reason why the Big V has turned into a laughing stock, joke of a league. The competition is subpar, is full of players in disgusting physical shape to be a State league' player, and there's far too many teams that it is now pretty much a domestic competition with music and player intros.

How can a fair dinkum team in a State league competition have 30-40+ turnovers and have more turnovers than points. What a farce! No wonder no one wants to play in that league anymore.

There was a time when Big V or the VBL used to have NBL and WNBL players scattered throughout it.

Reply #522245 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Skip. I am sorry to tell you that you are wrong, there are far more compelling, single, exact reasons why the BigV is now a laughing stock of a league.

- the league website went down for the first time in living memory over the weekend and for the following reason
- because they have a host of their internet tv show who makes too many bad jokes

If we are going to be completely irrational, completely without context, at least lets do it properly.

Pakenham are clearly very poor, but they are bottom of the ladder in the bottom division of women's competition. I don't think you can judge the whole league on that.

People used to say the same (laughing stock, joke) about the CABL when Centrals women (it think this was the team some South Australians can confirm) went years in a row getting smashed almost every game.

Reply #522258 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Pakenham have been poor in the 1st 2 rounds, that is clear however they will improve as the season goes on. Everyone associated with the Div 2 league was aware that they probably wouldn't have a strong year and probably wouldn't win a game (i for 1 hope they win a game)

Pakenham is a growth area and im sure we will see them come to be competitive over the next couple of seasons with player development and some top up players.

Reply #522259 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Lets judge the Seabl on how the Gunners were a few years back then

Reply #522263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pakenham have a good experienced coach. He will turn this around long term. Understand Youth Basketball.

Reply #522265 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Good luck to them, lets hope they win a game.Sounds like an experienced pg could help this group.

Reply #522266 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

An experienced PG and a Good Shooter would be ideal for this team.

Reply #522267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps they decided to enter way to early into the league. Talk that they will be bringing in 5 players from the youth team at Dandy next year. This will defintely help, but my question would be why do they need a senior womens team in the first place?

The whole selling feature on proposals from club to get into the BIG V is that they need a senior team in order to not lose junior talent.

If this is the case why didn`t they go down the same path as Corio Bay and go into Youth League.

The Pakenham side would not beat the bottom side in YL2W.

No different to club who say they need a YL side to keep juniors, then they have tryouts and fill a team with not one local player, how is this a need for a youth side?

Reply #522271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pakenham are playing another very poor team this weekend in Keysborough`s women, if they can`t be at least competitive in that game they shouldn`t be there at all.

It`s been well docomented on here the poor coaching ability of the Keysborough Coach and the fact that the team is in bad shape. If Packy want to show that they belong this is the week they have to do it.

Reply #522272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy Days and TP how many experienced PG`s are going to drop to play D2 basketball? If they are decent they won`t be playing at that level. Unless a team is opening up the cheque book, which seems to be happening more and more at this level with the amount of imports floating around Metropolitan teams in D2.

Reply #522275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Big V still has not updated box scores form the weekend and the ladders are still 'after Round 1'

Does it really take 3 days to upload this information. My domestic competition has it done over night. Every time!

Reply #522278 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

It would help getting a experienced PG, didnt say it would happen. Good luck to them this year! should be an interesting game the Keysy vs Pakenham game.

Reply #522281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting?? Battle it out to see who can miss more shots and get the most turnovers.

Reply #522283 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

HO - love your passion. Maybe too passionate that your views may be clouded by some of the feedback given about big v personalities in recent days?

People are expressing comments on matters that they would like to see the big v fix or change. I'm struggling to understand why you so emotional.

I think Skip makes some valid points and rather than talk about the poor website and boring TV comedians (which I think also are valid points) let's debate what skip is on about.

Is the league getting too big? Is the standard up to scratch. Do we have enough experienced officials to meet this growth. Etc.

I say good on you Skip - some good input that's worth debating!!!

Reply #522285 | Report this post

rabi  
Years ago

an ex-keysy player who played for them last year and left to go to Paky said last week to someone I know that she reckons Paky will get keysy easily

so safe to say Paky are confident

Reply #522288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well she will be able to prove that this weekend wont she!! I am tipping a horrible game but Keysborough by around 20-30.

Reply #522290 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Shit Anon, I thought I was just taking the piss out of Skip, I was feeling neither emotional or passionate when I wrote it. I was just being usually pedantic. I like people who attribute a whole series of conclusions to a single piece of evidence.

Its a little like saying that because you saw a Cat that was black that all Cats are black. Because Pakenham had more turnovers than points the ENTIRE league is a laughing stock.

All those points you make might are valid about the league btw, and its always a good chat.

Reply #522295 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

You'd probably have to pay a few $$$ to get a point guard but for a young group struggling they need it.Only take a few phone calls to dig one up if your network is strong.If they dont win a game this season you'll probably find a few of the girls drop out which is not good.

Reply #522298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will they try to recruit a female equivalent to Brett Rainbow?

Maybe go back through the files of WNBL in the 80's and see if they can get someone? Rumour had it Brett was on 6k and didn't have to train.

Reply #522302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big v is too busy filming the next big v tv that no one watches according to the facebook page but they can't update simple ladders and scores from the weekend. Get the priorities right, big v tv is pathetic.

Reply #522312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Packy is Keysy 2.0 Only they are doing it without spending money.

Keysy having to pay a heap of money to get people to their club in mens and womens. Import for two years running in the mens, plus Kevin Benn and Miraflores dropping from state champ (Nothing to show for it)

The womens side has brought in players from everywhere and is still struggling.

Womens and Men`s coach both need to have a hard look at themselves and start developing from within rather then having a high turnover year after year and poaching from elsewhere.

Take out the import and Keysy would struggle to win a game, poor form from a team that won a title with its Youth side last year. Word is that only 2 from the squad of 18 were brought back, how does that work?

Looking at stats most seem to be having success elsewhere.

Reply #522322 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

"Packy is Keysy 2.0 Only they are doing it without spending money."

Funniest post ever! Pakenham have an import, and we all know Pakenham don't spend money on players (sarcasm)

Reply #522331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the D2m teams have imports except Collingwood

Reply #522336 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

People whinging about website and stats... they had an issue over the weekend. For the 4 years i've followed the stats/ website have been great. Settle. Down.

Reply #522422 | Report this post

hopscot  
Years ago

good call, lets get back to baggin Keysy

Reply #522430 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Who is Pakys import???

Reply #522432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Galloway, played his first game on the weekend.

Reply #522434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think the shortage of officials is bad just wait till SEABL goes back and the SEABL Women's comp goes to 3 officials this year...

I know of heaps of officials doing double headers on the saturday night and games again on Sunday already.

You watch the shortage once SEABL starts up.

The league is growing at an unmanageable rate while the number of available (let alone experienced enough) officials is currently declining.

Reply #522446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone in league has been saying this for past several years but the league has not listened

Reply #522451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also heard a rumor most of the officials from the top 3 panels will refuse to officiate BigV this year and only make themselves available for SEABL this year due to the difference in environment/treatment they get between leagues and workload..

Reply #522453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with Pakenham and its women in particular is they do not have a good enough junior feeder team to allow for a senior team to have competitive players. The main ones (in the women's team) who are playing this season are in their late 20s, not juniors, they were part of their MMBL team. Any half decent junior goes to dandenong or Knox or another top VJBL association before they hit un18s to be able to play VC. The issue has been the same for years and years, and it will take a committee that can have a good 5 or 10 yr plan that is not driven by personal interests to get this working so they can one day keep their juniors to be able to progress to BigV at any reasonable level.

Reply #522457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IM sure they will spend some money or get some players from Dandy who graduate from Youth in the coming years. Not all those players will go onto play SEABL at Dandy and will be looking for a home where they can do as they please.

Reply #522462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is wrong with Big V TV? When they get the stats right on the web site and things get up and running again, it is actually quite entertaining. They split the competitions and the shows are easy to navigate. I think they do a good job, considering they probably do it for love!

Reply #522486 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Well I think we are about to witness the single worst game ever played under the BigV banner this weekend, Keysie V Packy! First to 10 will win!

Reply #522510 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

For love my arse! Get in the real world.

Reply #522515 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Ashke i was going to go to that game...

Reply #522521 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

"What is wrong with Big V TV? When they get the stats right on the web site and things get up and running again, it is actually quite entertaining. They split the competitions and the shows are easy to navigate. I think they do a good job, considering they probably do it for love!"

Yeah I've said it before as well, it's not exactly ESPN but a good way to pass some time at work so no complaints from me. Also maybe people are looking for too much from these lower divisions, I have always looked at D1/2 as "development" leagues so I don't go to a game expecting an amazing standard but for clubs and our sport to grow we need to start somewhere.....

Reply #522533 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Happy Days, you might very well be the only person in the crowd if you do go. At least you will win the half time shoot out lol

Reply #522535 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Do i win a car for the half time shootout?

Reply #522540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has the database fallen over? BigV stats are missing for some games, players don't have whole game stats for some rounds because of this? I hope they don't rely on their stats to nominate league MVP's!

Reply #522544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ashke, What do you base that statement upon?

Reply #522548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah regarding the player stats from the weekend some teams only have it down as 4 players playing the game.

Reply #522566 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Well i will go with the following, Keysie shooting @ 24.7% and Packy making it rain with 13.3% and 20.03%. Therefore i believe it will be a horrible game to watch, though i am happy to be shown up should it turn out to be a cracker of a game with both teams shooting over 40% and over 70 points each. Guess we will just have to wait and see

Reply #522573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its ok Ashke I heard its free entry so you can get your money worth

Reply #522580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be lucky if there is 70 points score total in the game

Reply #522620 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

they will be counting turnovers, not points.

Reply #522622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ashke Casey whp are arguably the favourites to take out the title in that division and beat Packy by 70 plus points only just shot at 42%. This is BIG V not the NBA. Not to many games where both teams are shooting 40% plus.

Reply #522647 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

If you are beating teams by 70 points, i would assume a lot of your score would be lay ups? So therefore 42% is also sub par given the circumstances, would you agree?

Reply #522658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly my point Ashke, so how is it you then judge the two bottom sides having a good game or not if they are shooting at or above 40%.

Alot of teams struggling to get to that point in state champ mens consistantly.

You are right in the sense it will probably be a very poor standard of game, however having walked passed these two playing at the BIG V tourny I think Keysborough should handle them comfortably.

Reply #522660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have noticed also that the Big V Overtime magazine has not continued its publication since November 2014?

What is actually going on at Big V at the moment?

Reply #522666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, the Big V is advertising for a new communications coordinator! Is this why nothing is being done, has the video guy quit?

Reply #522668 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

The BigV announced previously that overtime was ceasing production - shame, it was one of the better things they did.

Reply #522670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Callum is no longer there having moved over to BV so they are looking for someone new to fill the role obviously with it being advertised.

Reply #522672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keysie should not lose to Pakenham at all.
If they do something needs to happen ASAP down there. I do not see Pakenham winning a game this year. Still cant understand why their committee would force the issue and put them in the league. Surely someone there has enough basketball IQ to decided to go down and watch a few games last season to get an understanding of the level and realise that their girls arent up to it.

Reply #522680 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

I am assuming most of their players are locals or juniors? If so then i don't see a problem with entering them as you have to do it sooner or later, however signing a marquee player or two to help them in their first few seasons would have been a wise decision.

There is no way known to man that Keysie will loose, unless they forfeit the game for some reason.

Reply #522682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Keysy lose the coach is done it is that simple. Spoke to the guy who runs the club last weekend at their men`s game and they will be watching this game closely. They said he already had a player walk out on him before round one which this person had to council, if Keysy are not successful this weekend he is gone.

They have a lack of confidence in that fact that he is the right person to lead their women`s program in the right direction.

Reply #522690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great leadership from their "board" if that's the case.
Only coach to have success there. He probably doesn't fit their culture of no accountability and chasing has been players. Any wonder the club has never taken off.

Reply #522692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently the fact that he chooses to do things his way and doesn`t do anything to help out at the club are amoung other reasons they want to push him out.

Abusive to players, shows up late to training sessions and a general disregard for anything the club has tried to build for the past 2 years.

The way this person made it sound I am surprised that they have kept him this long. The guy seems like a real piece of work and will find himself out of the system pretty quickly I am sure.

Reply #522693 | Report this post

triton  
Years ago

he surely wont be sacked he won the club their only championship and built the yl team from nothing

he also won coach of the year last year

players loved him and thats why they all left as they wernt going to play for the coaches in the mens program as they've never been successful

he'll be coaching elsewhere at a higher level next year and that club will be like oh we shoulda kept him

this is all what ive heard from round the traps I don't know the guy

Reply #522699 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Cut the guy some Keysy some Slack they have a tough schedule to start.

Realistically they were going to be 1-5 to start the season at best any way.

Reply #522701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Triton I recall speaking to someone at the end of last year who said that he was offered a few gigs at a higher level, but knocked it back to do the Keysy women's role in an attempt to try and turn things around for that side of the club.

I know a few people down at the club and they have overheard people mentioning a number of the things raised on here.

Would make you wander if he is still happy he stayed. I guess that is a question only he can answer. Certainly seems like a bad situation.

Who'd wanna be a coach!!!

Reply #522703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol the guy has run their social media and attracted sponsors over last two years.
Abusing players? If you're not getting drunk with your players and not holding anyone accountable on court I guess actually coaching them would look a bit odd.

Reply #522706 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Agree HO, I thought the Overtime was a decent product. Take note Big V, we want that magazine back please...

Reply #522711 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

Firstly, we live in a free country, where everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, I find it amazing that so many people do so anonymously. This is the first time I have looked at this site in a long time, and I am amazed at the level of uneducated, wrong information, that is being used to form a personal attack on someone. And yes, I am associated with the Keysborough Coach, I have assisted him last season, and doing so again this season. So I have a pretty good idea of what he does and does not do. And I am proud to say this is the case. I genuinely believe he is one of the best coaches going around. In addition, my son was coached by him last season, and he, and the other players, loved him as a coach. And guess what, he led them to a title. Everyone expects a bit of banter, that's fine. But I think some of these posts have gone beyond that, both in relation to the coach, and the players involved in BOTH the teams that the post started about. no problem talking about a game, but just remember, there are people involved. I am sure both sides will be giving it a red hot crack on the weekend.

Reply #522746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is the men's coach 'ash'. The yl coach from last year should have replaced him

Reply #522779 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

Men's team will be competitive this season anon, they have a good squad including a cpl players from the starting 5 of the youth team that won the title last season. And just to clarify, of the remaining starters from that youth side, one is doing well at college in the states, one is playing div 1 men for Mornington and doing well, and one is taking a year off after playing 3 seasons with a shoulder injury.

Reply #522819 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Yeah Keysie! Getting it done!

Reply #522923 | Report this post

Castilian  
Years ago

Saw the team play and those girls looked well coached. Don't know what the fuss is about. Good work Keysy girls!

Reply #522946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abusing players & kicking drink bottles = good coaching?

Reply #522955 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

"abusing player" ?
There's a difference between that and holding players accountable for their on court performance, or lack there of.

Reply #522964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, I was at that game yesterday I didn`t see any abuse or drink bottles being kicked. Please clarify what you mean?.

Reply #522972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More players have walked out

Reply #523035 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Of the Keysie women's team?

Reply #523038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the club was informed overnight of another player that has called it quits and left the team due to the poor standard of coaching.

Reply #523073 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

For the record, correct another player, as in 1, as opposed to players being multiple, has left yes. As for the reason, people on here are very quick to jump to one conclusion. And it appears to be always a one sided conclusion taken as opportunity to bag someone. As in any side at this level, playing time is based on required match ups and merit. If players chose to go elsewhere in search of more court time, we wish them well in their future endeavours.

Reply #523145 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Who would want to be a coach these days....

Reply #523146 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

Well said Happy Days

Reply #523148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seemed to be many club officials standing behind the bench listening and taking in how the game was being coached at the keysy womens game.

Must be a fun situation having your every move watched and words evaluated. People I was with had discussions with the GM among other people at the game and were told that their has been a vote of no confidence in the coach.

Seems the guy has made a lot of enemies at the club. Must be something pretty bad that he has done by the way people within his own club are rubbishing him.

Reply #523149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As mentioned earlier, actually holding players accountable and trying make players perform, something that hasn't happened in a senior team there from day 1.

Reply #523155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The women's coach at Keysy is better than the 2 coaches in the men's program who neither have any clue

At least he's trying to coach the other 2 just try to give everyone equal courting and play happy families

Leave the bloke alone it's kinda getting old bagging a guy who 2games ago won a championship and was coach of the year

Reply #523156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re post 523149

Pretty sure Keysy don't have a GM as they are completely ran by volunteers

Nice try

Reply #523157 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Come on Happy Days, coaching is easy! If you ever need helpful advice from experts, all you have to do is log on the Hoops!!! LOL

Reply #523170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^Might want to re-think that statement, It is actually publically listed on the internet who there GM is, if that isn`t true then why is it posted.

Reply #523171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anybody really care?

Don't people have anything better to do then pay out on clubs/people (especially if they are volunteer based)?

Its as bad as the bagging of Mornington, Casey, etc

Worry about your own club and use this forum for more useful purposes

Reply #523172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a well-known fact there is plenty of people within that club who want to stick the boots in and see the guy fail.

He`s rubbed enough people the wrong way over the years that he deserves everything that is now coming his own way.

I Don`t rate his coaching ability based on the feedback and things I have heard. He doesn`t seem to be able to keep anybody happy at all.

I do find it funny that people from the club come on here and deny a number of the things are being said. Yet they are consistently saying stuff to people about the coach and the fact they don`t want him around.

Can`t come out publically and say you are happy with someone then tell people you arn`t in private.

Strange as I am pretty sure that the coach actually thinks he is pretty good friends with the people who want him gone, how wrong he is.

BIG V is a small world, if you talk it will get around and get back to people.

Do yourselves a favour Keysy and get rid of the guy, it`s just bringing you negative publicity for every moment he is there. Surely it can`t all be worth it.

Reply #523173 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

To Anon Reply 523173
If you are not part of the club, why are you so passionate about bagging this guy? You made the statement " I Don`t rate his coaching ability based on the feedback and things I have heard. He doesn`t seem to be able to keep anybody happy at all."

Every statement you make seems to be based on things you have heard. I know, yes personally know, a lot of people that are very happy with what he has done and is doing, myself included.

And for that reason, I am appalled at this constant stream of character abuse.

You seem to have a personal vendetta, and are taking every opportunity you can, to smear his name in a public forum. And of course, you chose to do so anonymously.

Reply #523178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#523171,

Where is it publicly listed? I just looked at the clubs website and nothing there. Also no mention of it on Facebook or the Basketball Vic and Big V websites

Sounds like you are just trying to cause trouble like all the other keyboard heroes
If you going to make a claim like that put your name to it

Reply #523188 | Report this post

Cres  
Years ago

Very good point Ash, put your name to these comments or don't make them.

You'll never find a club or coach or even a player that EVERYONE likes.

It's just a shame that people only voice their negative opinions but people keep their positive views to themselves.

Reply #523189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just googled about the above and it did come up with someone listed as a general manager for Keysy. Perhaps this was someone in a past role.

General Manager at Keysborough Basketball Association

Reply #523190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We wonder why the sport is in the star that it is when all we do is bag volunteers who try to help grow the game

Reply #523195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this all comes back to accountability, if players are leaving this team in droves there must be an internal issue or problem with the culture.

That has to start and end with the coach, it is the responsibility of the coach to build a culture or team that can be competitive on the floor and work together off it.

If what is being said above is true then that doesn`t seem to be the case here.

Reply #523341 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

But you need to understand WHY they are leaving,
Are they simply not up to it?
Do they not have what is required to meet the coaches expectations?
Are they simply complaining because their little cage has been rattled?
I would have a wild guess and say that those that have left are the bench warmers, who don't like the new focus and changes put in place by the head coach? Or have the starting 5 left? I highly doubt it.

Reply #523349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is everyone bagging Keysborough so much? They are a small club who battle away every year, aren't ran to make money but to keep costs down and provide an opportunity for players who wouldn't otherwise get a chance. People need to ease up on them.

Reply #523351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon I don't really see anyone bagging Keysborough! seems like one person in particular is copping the brunt of people's criticism. General consensus from reading this post is that he doesn't have the support of the club behind him.

Not sure if any of this is true obviously but a few people have made points or mentioned speaking to people at the club who you would assume are in the know.

Reply #523359 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

Leaving the club in droves???? As is often the case in these posts, the over dramatization is ridiculous. Thank you Ashke for putting some common sense in the discussion, there are indeed many reasons why players leave a club. And of the 2 that went, no they were not starters. And whatever their reasons are, as I have stated previously, we wish them well.
The other correct statement that has been made is the negative posts within this thread have been an attack on an individual , done anonymously. The motivation behind it, who knows. Each time I think these attacks are over, it continues again, which has infuriated me, hence the reason for another comment. As I cannot just stand by and see a quality individual with bucket loads of integrity , a passion for the game second to none, who dedicates his life to trying to help others, including the club, be constantly attacked like this.
He brought the first championship to the club, and despite many other options , decided to try and assist the women's program who had a horrible year last year. He is a fantastic coach, and a damn good bloke. Now get off his case and talk about something else!

Reply #523381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

51 point loss on the weekend wow

Dead man walking coming through!

Reply #530705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game yesterday.

Don't be to critical against the coach. Chelsea Come out wanting to prove a point after being smashed by Casey a few weeks prior. Chelsea's Bench has more talent that Keysy Starting 5 (Billie Lucas started of the bench!)

Issues i see with Keysy is that they don't have the depth in the roster. and just shows that there development in Juniors isn't providing them with enough Junior Talent.

Will Be interesting to see the Pakenham vs Keysy game in a few weeks, that will prove if Craig has anything to be worried about.

Reply #530706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game yesterday.

Don't be to critical against the coach. Chelsea Come out wanting to prove a point after being smashed by Casey a few weeks prior. Chelsea's Bench has more talent that Keysy Starting 5 (Billie Lucas started of the bench!)

Issues i see with Keysy is that they don't have the depth in the roster. and just shows that there development in Juniors isn't providing them with enough Junior Talent.

Will Be interesting to see the Pakenham vs Keysy game in a few weeks, that will prove if Craig has anything to be worried about.

Reply #530707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the guy knew how to coach why the hell would he be starting his best player and one of the better players in the league on the bench. A player who leads them in all statistical categories and he starts her on the bench vs the top side.

Pretty darn arrogant if you ask me.

Did he think that because his team beat the Cavs that they were just going to waltz right through chelsea.

What a joke,

Reply #530731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billie Lucas still played more minutes than anyne else, starting on bench or not, so it should not have made any difference

Reply #530737 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

maybe she doesn't attend all training sessions??

Reply #530747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's div 2 ......!!!

Reply #530748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt it has anything to do with the coach.

Playing group just not up to it. The coach has done well with the players available.

This constant harassment of a volunteer coach on a forum is pretty sad and pathetic if you ask me.

Reply #530755 | Report this post

!@!  
Years ago

The coach is doing pretty dam well given the players he has to work with!

Reply #530760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we talk about how pathetic the refs are in Big V and the serious lack of anything being done by Alan Garroway?

Reply #530761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You could probably talk about it till the cows came home, but I doubt anything will change lol

Reply #530762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are the Big V not investing in refs?

Charge teams an extra $100 and put that towards retaining your best refs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the entry fee has hardly gone up in like 5 years and it only costs about $50 a year more than it did 10 years ago. that's well below CPI

Reply #530765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have the same record as they did last year and he has brought in SEABL, State Champ and VYCW players. That has to be on his head.

Watched them play a few times now as they have been at venues I have been at. They play with no pasion or intensity. That is a culture issue and the coach is responsible for creating that within a team.

Reply #530775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If those players he brought in to DIV2 were of any calibre in seabl , SCW YLCW then they would not have entertained dropping to a div2 standard.

Reply #530810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Anon, in some cases yes but in others I disagree. I have seen very good players drop simply because they want to play with their mates, guys they have played with over the years and just want to enjoy the game for what it is. It also means that they don't have to take it so seriously and can just enjoy it.

Reply #530825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Results speak for themselves and so does attitude.

I have seen that team play a number of times now. You add that poor attitude and enviroment to the results that they have been getting and you know there is a major culture issue within that team. The coach is responsoble for creating and maintaining the culture.

If Keysborough are serious about building a strong womens program long term, they will swing the axe and solve this issue before it is to late. If they don`t they are just going to end up in a position where players walk now or come seasons end.

Reply #530827 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Just to let people know Billie started on the Bench because somebody smashed Her car window and stole stuff 3 min before the start of game she was visibly upset and not ready to play oh she attends all training sessions too :)

Reply #535657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Context?

Reply #535662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Was it not written above that the coach made a poor decision starting his best player on the bench?

Reply #535890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There were no comments for a month. Sounds like a troll.

Reply #536034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dead man walking

Reply #536064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got beaten by 25 by a Casey team with only 8 fit players and starting with 2 development players in the starting 5.

Missing ryder by the looks of it, but still a tough loss especially after beating casey earlier in the season.

Reply #536073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can`t coach, get rid of him. Spends more time complaining to officials and trying to step on the court then anything else. They are where they are on the ladder because of his lack of coaching skills, the team plays with zero passion so the coach clearly isn`t getting through to them.

Reply #536155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It`s official... The Move has been made and coach informed early this morning he wont be coaching the team in 2016. A replacement has already been told they have the position, the same person the club had been speaking to since early in the season about taking over.

Club didn`t make the call during the season for fear of players leaving and not being able to field a side.

Those who said this was all smoke and mirros will look pretty silly now.

Reply #539131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is all that even related to this forum topic?

Reply #539230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps just change the heading of this and the Mornington posts Issac. To Keysborough Coach bashing thread. Would be a lot more appropriate then.

Reply #539497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cougars Coach has been let go after a very poor cseason for the women in which no improvement as shown. Was told see ya latter last week, club has advertised the position on BIG V website.

Reply #546061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah no, he resigned. Nice try though!

Reply #546068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon you sure about about that? Spoke to someone at their mens final sunday and they said that they had let him go.

Reply #546083 | Report this post

OMG  
Years ago

The other earlier poster is correct. He resigned last Thursday after 7 years with Keysborough.

Too many trolls on here with an agenda..... but that's the joy of these forums, twits can say what they like.

Reply #546085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes im sure, spoke to him about it much earlier than saturday.

Reply #546088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good riddance the club can now finally move forward, especially the women`s program. I tip them to be big improvers in 2016. Feel sorry for whatever club gets stuck with this guy going forward.

Reply #546090 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

Congratulations to the one/couple of anonymous posters who have managed to complete an entire season of personal attacks and have managed to get I would say about 5% of their statements correct. Its an impressive record and thanks so much for the entertainment you have provided throughout the season. It has been very educational to know that a person/s can actually create that much verbal diarrhea. And if as has been often stated, that the information has come from a "source", that one could be so gullible to believe it and publicly state it embarrassing themselves in the process. But then I guess that does not matter does it, because it is probably even more embarrassing that you have never once put your name to your comments. Adds such credibility to everything that has been stated over the season. I guess everyone needs a hobby. But Heh, full points for your dedication and relentless pursuit of peddling crap. Took up so much of your thought process that you have forgotten that the Championship Coach, and coach of the year in 2014, was the same individual that you have been so focused on. Your right though, what club would want to pick that up! That was the first championship for the club, hopefully they will have their second this weekend. And hopefully that success will flow through to all the teams at Keysie next year as well. But once again, thanks so much for the entertainment champ, great to know such a class act exists.

Reply #546790 | Report this post

Interesting  
Years ago

Good to see Keysie finally cut that guy loose. Has been a blight on there club for years and certainly doesn`t have any supporters down there.

Have to wonder how they keep that place a float though. No domestic junior comp, No domestic senior comp. 12 juniors sides from what I can see with none above east level.

Yet they support three senior teams, well done to them. Guess it will be another big season of recruiting from elsewhere to keep the ship a float next year.

Reply #548005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So let me get this straight, Keysy don't have domestic in juniors or seniors yet they still have affiliation and are able to participate in VJBL and BIG V? Right!!!!

Reply #548024 | Report this post

What a mistake  
Years ago

I noticed that Chelsea Gulls have gone and hired the past Keysy Cougars coach that was sacked as there new coach. So they go from winning a title and moving up a division to hiring a coach who took a team to a bottom two finish? Seems like a really smart move that one.

Good luck to Chelsea they obviously have no idea of the problems and issues they are getting with this guy coming on board.

What ever this coach touches turns to dirt so 2016 isn`t going to be a very positiive year for the Gulls.

Cougars must be pumped that they finally cut out the cancer

Get out now Gulls while you still can.

Reply #551864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha the hiring of the century this one, stay tuned for the ship to hit an iceberg. Can`t run a team and can`t coach.

Reply #551870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch this space, can see a very frustrating and eye opening year for the lady gulls with this guy in charge. Pretty irresponsible appointment if you think about it. Unproven and bottom of the ladder in D2. Hey let's give him the reigns to a D1 side.

Reply #551964 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

That's probably crossing the line there.

Reply #557018 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Absolutely agree, too far

Reply #557029 | Report this post

What a mistake  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #557052 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

This is getting to an all time low

Reply #557054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure who you are mate, but you've clearly got an axe to grind. When you give up on solid argument about his ability and start attacking his personal life, I think it's you scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Reply #557081 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more, pathetic at best. Leave the bloke alone, and good luck to him this season.

Reply #557119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty low to attacking the guys personal life. Issac could you delete that post?

Reply #557232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disgraceful comment re his personal life!! Over stepping the mark

Reply #557246 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

I think this thread needs to disappear

Reply #557273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like everyone is getting a little bit prescious, If it is all true then what is the problem?

You reap what you sew...

Reply #557280 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

To not shocked, and what a mistake. Wow. There is some real quality people in the basketball game, many of who I have formed long time friendships with on and off the court, including the person you are attacking. Unfortunately there are some real low life's as well. I have no doubt you have prob both contributed to this disgusting thread in the past, but now you have well and truly crossed the line. So I am shocked. Shocked that anyone would lower themselves so far into the gutter to post what you have. And of course, you do so anonymously. Guess you would not want anyone to know who you are after sinking so low

Reply #557282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is Anonymous, that this has nothing to do with Basketball, on what is essentially a hoops forum. Nor does it have anything to do with the topic. Or even what the topic diverted too about his coaching ability (which by the way, he has a championship and a COTY).

Reply #557420 | Report this post

THE BEAR  
Years ago

It would appear that some of the details that gave been posted have some credibility.you have to be doing something wrong to be struck out at 2 clubs.

Reply #650691 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754