Anonymous
Years ago

State Champs 2015

State champs is in 4 weeks.....

Any news on seeding's…..or any news in general? the website hasn't been updated in almost a year!

Interesting to note Adelaide Arena may be out of action for most of the weekend due to a potential netball Clash! The Adelaide Thunderbirds are scheduled to have a game their on Saturday the 17th!

Topic #36929 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

won't be referees to ref it. so it has been cancelled to a date when someone can care.

Reply #525476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that because the refs are having a cry about their pay?

Reply #525481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no Victorians coming over. coaches to their whistles

Reply #525490 | Report this post

i  
Years ago

We used to get a calendar / timeline schedule I.e. nominations close, seedlings released, programme released Etc bsa can easily get another stadium if the arena is n/a one day. Refs may be an issue, sad to hear no vics heading over, I liked the idea of that - made me realize we are calling it too soft here in sa.

Reply #525493 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I think the refs should be paid the same as the coaches!

Reply #525621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

coaches to ref one game before and after they play

Reply #525625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find it interesting that refs are asking for their pay to go up when the standard of refereeing is rapidly going down.

Reply #525631 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Cause and effect. It's becoming much harder to retain quality because of the higher dropout rate not heped by poor treatment and little reward.

Reply #525645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which is part and parcel of a lack of development and education they receive.

Reply #525646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps refs should be on incentive-based pay...

Reply #525679 | Report this post

Rig My Game  
Years ago

I'll pay incentives lol

The old Ref Quality of pay scale debacle..

Pretty sure a Vic and Sa ref may confirm they get paid better - SA pay rate is rubbish per game I'm sure Vics on a better wicket. I wouldn't travel if I wasn't getting paid well, stay home and earn it local.. Not like SA has anything to offer.

Reply #525685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754