AsIseeIt
Years ago

Biased ref at Port

PLEASE- If there was ever a biased ref at Port Adelaide on a Friday night, he /she would have to be a visitor.
The regular refs usually go out of their way to not show any favourtism and the home teams suffer.
If there is a "cheat", please name him/her so that we can request them to even up the calls.
The problem we find is that you expect the "home" calls experienced at any other stadium, only to find the refs go overboard to ass ist visitors.
Worse lately because refs are coming from the Dome (Woodville) and will support any team except West.
Not a spit, but fact

Topic #3693 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

people (not neccisarily you ASISeeIt) should not confuse interpretations with biasness (is there such a word?)

my suggestion is that if you get regularly reffed at your home games by a group of 10 or so - the UIC cultivates them to a certain style.
As your home court - you do not want blues week in week out - so a medium is found between refs, teams and calls.

Good refs , coaches, clubs and player commincate and find a comfortable medium where they can all do their best

what might be a charge at the port is a block at the dome

look at the difference between the euro league style and nba - and that is top shelf

go to melbourne and there are different interpretations as well - if it is not what you understand - of course it could be seen as bias

maybe it is more of an understanding thing rather than allegations of favouritism

most UICs have enough nouse to get right on top of any monkey business

Reply #42985 | Report this post

Walking Away...  
Years ago

AsIseeIt,

FACT - Knowledge or information based on real occurrences. Something demonstrated to exist. A real occurrence.

OPINION - A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substaintiated by positive knowledge or proof.

AsIseeIt your name explains exactly which of the above your post comes under. Just by claiming your opinion as FACT doesn't actually make it so.

Seriously all those referees out there that are reading this and that other thread should today ring the Director of Referees or their local UIC and just quit. Simply put just say "nope sorry, not going to go through it anymore!"

Why the hell not? Obviously few parents/players/coaches are willing to show you any respect for your effort, time and experience. The fact you're willing to pull on a shirt and whistle in the current climate should earn you respect in itself. But no, Joblow could do better, knows better and god damn it has the right to tell the world how much you all suck! So I say shove it right back at them; the best way possible. Everyone just stop doing it. See how much Win or Lose, Joblow or AsIseeIt know by making them do it themselves!!

Reply #42986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS refs just go out there to ref a god damn game. Get over yourselfs and realise that not everything is about you and that the refs aren't out to get you, they're there to do their job, not favour you or anybody else.

Reply #42987 | Report this post

AsIseeIt  
Years ago

Walking Away- you probably could not play and could not handle criticism from your "team-mates" so has a spit and thought you would get some revenge by being a ref. Sounds like your umpiring was as good as your game, so a double spit. Now you expect others to follow your bad example.
What about they take up the challenge and raise the bar
Seems that you want to be the STAR when people/players/parents really go for enjoyment and watch the game. The best refs are those who are barely recognised, not the show-ponies and prima-donnas who try to bait players into a 'tech' after a shit call Be REAL

Reply #42988 | Report this post

Walking Away...  
Years ago

OMG you know me so well. I got so upset with people I called teammates that I decided WOW I'll get them and everyone back by becoming a ref.

Clearly they're all evil, nasty and vindictive creatures who only do what they do to make themselves feel better by screwing up the game of basketball for all those poor innocent players, parents and coaches who publicly bitch, sook and critise any call they make simply because they didn't agree or have to blame anyone else for there own limitations.

Reply #42989 | Report this post

molly meldrum  
Years ago

walking away ... good comment

fact v opinion

Reply #42995 | Report this post

Pureballer  
Years ago

Some refs are biased ( human nature) but not all i agree with the comment that interpretations are sometimes seen as biased
Umpires players coaches and spectators all have to remember emotions run high in any sport this is FACT we all need to understand and try to control
You have bad seeds in all (Umpires players coaches and spectators), making it tough on the rest
actions of a few effect many.....

Reply #43024 | Report this post

Was it that Neil Ref he is bias

Reply #43036 | Report this post

enjoythegame  
Years ago

ref sometimes do make mistakes but so do players and the coach . without refs the kids dont play,my son always shakes the refs hand after a game win or not

Reply #43095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey westland do you know the meaning of slander and or libel?

Reply #43096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 am, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754