Anonymous
Years ago

Casey Cavs sack Womens coach

Apparently just gone up on there Facebook page.Why would you be sacking a coach 4 weeks into the season???At least its 2 weeks longer than Mornington...

Topic #36954 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sacked the wrong guy. Men's team is 2-4 and not looking like getting any better soon. Look at all the hype and cash pumped into that team.

Another chapter to add to their story of annual incompetence. When will the clubs members realize and make a stand?

Reply #525909 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

Was it performance related ?
6th last year, and only fourth currently...?

Reply #525915 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Just visited website, trotted out your standard lines, will the pressure be put on Mens coach now?

Reply #525918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tail wags the dog!!!

Reply #525923 | Report this post

Y??  
Years ago

That's a shame and surprising! Tim is an outstanding young coach and has been a very committed club person for surely close to 20 years and most importantly a great guy!

Reply #525944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like he was the sacrificial lamb.Cant sack a coach with a 5 year contract.

Reply #525950 | Report this post

Miss K  
Years ago

I've played under Tim and he is one of, if not the best coach I have ever had.

Such a nice kind hearted guy. I'm realty sad to hear of this. There will be some really lucky club who will pick you up Tim. Best of luck coach.

Reply #525969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Went to check their FB group for the statement, it was conveniently buried down the page by any sort of post they could think of. Which kind of sums up the lack of professionalism down there.
Stay Classy Casey.

Reply #525975 | Report this post

Ganymede 26  
Years ago

Its all politics down there at Casey, if you don't agree with them, then forget it

Reply #526001 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Will scare alot of coaches and players from going there just like Mornington.

Reply #526002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy is in a better place now. Sitting at home has to be better then being at that Evil place. 1 week to go from clearances, will be interested to see if players jump ship. Comments from players and family on that facebook page seem in support of the coach, not the club.

Reply #526004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if you dont agree with people that have no idea?
Sounds like a great place to be at, sign me up

Reply #526006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow the southern suburbs must be a great region to coach in!!

Reply #526026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Notice that all the problems happen at the small lower division clubs?

This is why they are where they are and will never get out of there.

Small minded people looking out for there own interests.

Reply #526047 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

How much would a seat cost return to Mildura in June from Melbourne?

Reply #526121 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

Tipping all the fuss will blow over in a week, and nothing will actually come of all the talk.
Much like the Mornington and previous Casey stuff.

Nothing will change.

Reply #526214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see the Lady Cavs team come out and beat Mornington today!

Reply #526215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree as per above, It is all talk. Players will play out the season and the talk of walks outs etc is just that TALK!!

Reply #526242 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Players usually play the season out unless they have another option.Is there a cutoff date for players changing clubs?

Reply #526244 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Cut off for clearances is this week i believe.

Talking to people associated to the club, the girls are playing out the season and having a crack at the title.

What happens beyond the 2015 season no one but the players and coaches themselves will no.

Reply #526245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are people so scared of standing up for themselves down there?

Reply #526247 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Does a player have to get a clearance from his existing club to move to another club?

Reply #526248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearances are sent through by the destination club. The club the player is leaving can`t refuse unless money/fees are oweing.

Reply #526328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on the replacement coach for the cavs, Had a look at the draw, they have the bye this weekend comes at a good time for the team.

There Facebook page very quiet also.

Reply #526574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Chelsea YL just lost a coach too.

Reply #526580 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Approached Tim Parker?

Reply #526617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chelsea women or me YL?

Reply #526618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://bigv.com.au/index.php?id=755&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2015&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=04&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=4440&cHash=be75720ee68d5be82c4362962e8ad6ca

Reply #526626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YLW

Reply #526627 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

You're all idiots, Tim Parker is a manipulative prick who only cared about what's best for him and the players he believes are worthy of his time, all the other players simply get left in the dark. As far as I''m concerned Tim got too big for his boots and they called him out for it. And as for the team, if they were so hurt they should have walked, if they had really cared it wouldn't matter if they played or not it would be a principle thing. Besides there are a few girls on the team that need a good boot out the door. #cleaningoutthetrash

Reply #526906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoops ^ obviously someone related to a bench player lol

Reply #526924 | Report this post

Justforlaughs  
Years ago

Wow, that's a big call ???, would love to know your sources down at Casey, I have heard the exact opposite. But a very interesting take on it. Either way it has caused a stir.

Reply #526927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In this day and age of equality how come Casey are not spending as much money on their womens program?

They would be very good if the paid players in the womens program like they do in the men's.

Reply #526952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Equality in basketball - you're killing me.

Relentlessly male dominated and sexist.

Reply #526953 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Hearing some crazy things that surely are not true...

Anyone know how much they are spending on their programs? Have heard rumours of $100,000 for the men (most going to Lester) surely this ain't true?

Also heard they are not paying a single player for the women's team ?

Have also heard the rumour that the womens team was denied an import when items were being discussed.

Interested to know what the real story is and what is being paid (if anything) and to who. Or are people talking crap?

Reply #526962 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I'd be asking for the money back for Lester.Overweight and vertically challenged.Shadow of his former self.

Reply #526968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'A' from what has been said about that association your dreaming if you think they are going to just straight up answer any of those questions...

However,
I agree, it would be interesting to know and I reckon if your a financial member of the association you should be entitled to know.

I am aware some associations detail all of their spending at their AGM but I don't know what Casey do (or even if they have an AGM).

You don't ask you don't know.

Reply #527018 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure how you can bag out Tim. Having worked with him for a very long time I would say that he is one of the most committed people around the club.

I agree 100% with the comments about Lester. He is lucky to get a foul shot in.

As for Casey being upfront with their finances. I am sure that won't happen in my lifetime. They need to move out some very influential people who are only there for their own benefit and so their kids get the chance to play.

I hope Tim takes this further and that the truth comes out.

Men's coach has to go. He is lucky not to be tech fouled every game and is rude around the kids. And his association with players is sickening.

Reply #527814 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Anonymous527814,
i agree whole heartedly with what you are saying. i would be amazed if the truth comes out(what ever it is ) because it will destroy the program that is being used to drive the size of expansion of the new complex to be built.

Only one player has left and the coach gone, if the women were so concerned about the issue plus other minor issues (compared to what i'm hearing) and have done nothing it shows a lack of leadership.

The longer it goes without a single boo from the players the more i believe there is nothing to the bigger issue.
"The truth will set us free" and Casey can go on and build and grow their base.

Reply #527854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

from what I understand the women are happy to put this issue behind them and go out and play basketball. Which is what they are all at the club for.

Crying over spilt milk isn't going to help anything.

I noticed on the live stats that there was a Parker playing in the men's team? Any relation? If there were issues between mens and women's team would the family member of a sacked coach play in the team?

Reply #527856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with the above, If the women actually had a problem they should have stood up and said it or walked. Seem like toothless tigers to me.

As for the Parker in the mens side I assume the kid is wanting to play basketball. Given the stage of the season we are at none of the women or the men can get clearances.

Reply #527879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many players actually ever go when theres a coach booted? Very few if any and we're seeing a lot of examples from the last two seasons. Love the coach, but not too much...

Reply #527885 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Alistair should be playing Men's all the time not Youth League. He is exciting at times and i can see him being a leader as he matures mentally. ATM only one other in the Youth side would play Mens, McKinnon.

Reply #527951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alistair is a good player, but why say he should be playing men. Isn't the whole idea of a Youth League to develop the youth to move into the next level? Better to play minutes and get experience than sit on the bench?
They all train together Anyway.

For those saying why doesn't he leave because of what happened to his Brother, maybe he doesn't agree with his brother or what was done.

Reply #527992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous 527814
Apart from 1 post I'm not sure who's actually "bagging out Tim", and he's not the only committed dedicated person that puts in and volunteers their time around this and any other club.

Obviously someone disgruntled with the club and just trying to bag out the men's program and the coach. Sounds more like someone who didn't get picked or what they wanted? Plus slinging personal attacks at someone's character even when your anonymous is pretty low.

Name me a club that post details about their programs and who they pay etc, I've worked in plenty that don't. There's a board to handle that, stop muddying the waters just to stir the pot. Your just using this post to continue your Casey rant.

As for Tim, good luck to him he won't take it any further for fear the truth will come out!
Sometimes when someone thinks they are the centre of the universe and they leave and the universe keeps turning, it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Reply #527995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Makes post about someone bagging people out Anon then proceeds to do the same about Parker from an Anon post ha ha.

Reply #528013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#527992,

What has Tim done? You are implying he has done something wrong but not giving details.

Reply #528018 | Report this post

Pallas  
Years ago

Tim didn't do anything wrong, the committee didn't like him. Casey is all about their committee.

Reply #528073 | Report this post

J dawg  
Years ago

I heard a rumour there has been some mismanagement of funds by the Casey committee and accurate financials are no where to be seen? Is there any truth to this? Does anyone know anything more on this or is this all just rumour and here say? For the sake of the club I hope this is all only rumour and not factual.

Surely not true but interesting that it has been mentioned

Reply #530649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much was spent on the Men's team this year?

Reply #540983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754