Anonymous
Years ago

Which Aussie will win a NBA title this year?

It's crazy to think that most of the contenders this year have Australian's playing. Do people think that an Aussie will win a championship this year and if so, who??

Cleveland - Delly
Golden State - Bogut
San Antonio - Mills & Baynes
Chicago - Bairstow

Atlanta, Houston, Memphis, Washington, Clippers - no one

Topic #36969 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogues

Reply #526162 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Mills & Baynes

Reply #526163 | Report this post

Bairstow  
Years ago

Bairstow will get finals MVP.

Reply #526165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a shame it can't be a Spurs/Warriors finals. But I think the Spurs are a nightmare matchup for the Warriors, and I don't know if the Warriors have been tested enough. They were so casual in their approach to NOLA and they seem to throw a lot of passes in anticipation of someone getting open. NOLA cut off a bunch of those lanes in game 3 and punished them for it, and almost came out with a win. The no-call on Bogut's hold of Davis that gave Green a 3-pt. play was a HUGE swing.

So, given that there's about an 80% chance Delly comes out of the East whereas Bogut has maybe a 45% chance of getting out of the West and Patty/Baynes have about a 30% chance? But Spurs and Warriors can definitely beat the Cavs, and the Western team will have home court advantage? 1. Bogut, 2. Patty/Baynes, 3. Delly, not Bairstow because the Bulls can't beat anyone who can win the West.

Reply #526166 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I watched a full strength Golden State Warriors team dismantle a full strength San Antonio Spurs team live in Oakland in Feb.

The GSW have the tools to win it all imo.

Reply #526167 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Losing by 12 points with Kawhi, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Ginobili playing less than half the game and Aaron Baynes starting? Yeah, wouldn't read into that too much.

Playoffs are another thing all together, Spurs have 17 years consecutive previous playoff appearance to draw upon which probably lends itself as an advantage.

Ps. You missed the other two occasions where the Spurs hammered Golden State by a collective 28 points, the latter win being only 20 days ago.

Reply #526168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starters.
Curry beats Parker
Thompson beats green
Barnes loses to kawhi
Green beats Diaw (they won't put Duncan on green)
Bogut vs Duncan (tough...) (splitter won't start)
Both teams have very good bench players.

Gsw in 7.

Reply #526169 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I didn't watch the other 2 games from 11 rows back from the court sorry hence why I didn't comment on those ones KET.

The Spurs were coming off a tough road stretch & GoldenState were rested and looked much sharper straight off the bat, the Spurs old men weren't cutting it so Pop played his young guys more than he usually would hence Duncan, Parker & Ginobli's reduced minutes.

Reply #526175 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Bogut or Delly I reckon. I think playoff Cleveland is gonna be a very tough matchup for any team in the East - even Atlanta I don't see beating them 4 times.

Reply #526183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#169, that's an oversimplification. Green is an outstanding defender and a brilliant fit in the Spurs system although Thompson is unquestionably a much better individual player. The assumption that Splitter won't start also suggests Pop is more worried about how the Spurs match up with GS than how GS match up with the Spurs. What if Splitter does start, and Bogut has to guard him? How many fouls is green going to pick up guarding Duncan? How much havoc does it wreak on the Warriors switch-everything screen-D if Green's minutes are limited? Duncan v Bogut is not close. Duncan is one of the greatest players of all time and still turning in playoff double-doubles. Bogut is a great defender with some neat tricks and good passing vision but Duncan is better. Pop > Kerr.

Both benches outstanding and it would be an incredible series. I just hope whoever wins it (if it happens) beats Cleveland.

Reply #526202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None

Reply #527792 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, results so far have me worried that I can't pick a winner regardless. This is going to be a wide open NBA final series, when we get there...

What Aussies can win, well at the moment we still have two left, but there are no easy games, just as it should be!

Reply #527868 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sorry, three Aussies, Chicago are not out yet...

Reply #527869 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754