david
Years ago

ABL ALL STAR GAME..

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHETHER THE ABL IS HAVING THE ALL STAR GAME ON AGAIN THIS YEAR,HAVENT HEARD MUCH BOUT IT IF IT IS HAPPENING!

Topic #3733 | Report this topic

Lippy  
Years ago

No it is not happening.

Reply #43367 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

That is a really good question david. Lippy, can you elaborate? Why would the All-star concept be scrapped after just one year? With the level of interest in ABL produced by this forum alone, i would have assumed getting people to support the idea would have been very easy.

Reply #43418 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

there is no doubt in my mind that the all star game is a winner, and promotes the league very well. having said thin i was unable to get to the game last year, so cannot comment on the crowd, but i heard it was only average.

Reply #43427 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The crowd was a bit average last year but I imagine that the players enjoyed it. Lots of clowning around and smiles on their faces. That makes it worth doing alone. Awwww...

Reply #43429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The new Academy should play an ABL all star team at the first sixers home game. Any chance Paul Bell?

Reply #43434 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

I was at the game last year- small crowd but enjoyable- Reesy going for threes and others with dunk attempts. I have alot of photos if anyone is interested. Havent loaded them, so not sure of quality.
They should incorporate into a carnival type weekend- dunk comps, three point comps, maybe a fouling comp!

Reply #43437 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Disappointing if they let it go. Had a lot of potential. Then again, I'm sure they had their reasons. Probably didn't have enough referees if I'm reading other posts correctly!

Reply #43455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just think that BASA forgot about it.

Reply #43458 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

I cannot elaborate at this point in time. I am just saying BASA are not going to be having one this year.

Reply #43461 | Report this post

The Godfather  
Years ago

I would love to see the 36ers game become a platform for a 3pt Playoff. Imagine, you have a 3pt shoot out for the season. Eg

One player Under 23 from each team. Two go against each other each week.

Winner of each week goes through to the finals

Reply #43513 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Hey Lippy why can't you "elaborate at this point in time" is something else happening or you just don't know what your talking about or do you have a little information and trying to big time yourself come on spill the beans why isn't there an All Star Game.

Reply #43518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754