white guy
Years ago

18's div 1 top 5 teams

what do people think of the top 5 teams in 18's division 1? who do people think will go all the way?does any one think a team can knock southern off?

Topic #3741 | Report this topic

white guy  
Years ago

the top 5 teams are
1.souther tigers 12-0 and 1 forfeit
2.forestville 10-2
3.west 9-3 and 1 forfeit
4.sturt 8-5
woodville 8-5

Reply #43503 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

woodville can beat everyone if they decide to play. this seems to be a very rare thing these days which is a shame. who have southern gained from last season that has made them go so well. they were very average in the short season. sorry for my ingnorance but i have been wondering bout this for a while

Reply #43506 | Report this post

white guy  
Years ago

i dont know who they gained as this is my first season in under 18's div 1 but when we played them they play well as a team great defence and there offence is sometimes a good laugh when they get rhino out at the three to shoot but back to the topic no i dont know who they have gained but they will be hard to stop once finals come

Reply #43507 | Report this post

white guy  
Years ago

and your woodville point about them being able to beat any team if they decide to play i believe is not true if this was true they would have started "trying" a few rounds ago to get them selves abetter position on the ladder instead if being at the elimination position of 5

i dont believe they can beat west forestville or southern these 3 teams play well together and have earnt their spot in the top 5 were as i think woodville are lucky to have that position

Reply #43508 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

The forfeit shown for Tigers and West will be a catch-up game to be held soon.

Reply #43547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Take Luck. Woodville can be a far better team than they are now. Ego might not be a dirty word but until the boys get things under control they will not be a danger anymore.

Reply #43645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south could beat southern they nearly did once in states but Phil brown was put on and he scored 12 points in like 5 minutes. so really it possible to win

Reply #43660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south could beat southern they nearly did once in states but Phil brown was put on and he scored 12 points in like 5 minutes. so really it possible to win

Reply #43661 | Report this post

Phil Brown is quitting basketball to take up a table tennis scholarship with the AIS, no backhand brownie!

Reply #43662 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

is that tru he quitting... Anyway STURT knockd off southern this weak and finishd game with 4 players to win by 3 good on ya boys keep at it just some thing again this week against forestville.

Reply #43668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am friend with one of the woodville players and he has said "i really couldnt care less, i honestly hope we dont make the finals" this comment was backed up by a couple of other players. the team is disfunctional. this has a lot to do with their teeam mates, inparticually the first year players. So i would take this as a far indication on how the team will go throughout the rest of the season

Reply #43678 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

table tennis would suit browny, a sport which is nice and GAY!!

Reply #43688 | Report this post

white guy  
Years ago

well i personally think west will win the grandfinal this year
and no i am not from west

Reply #43712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i personally think that sithern will win lol. and browny quit for table tennis who would even belive that. but we will see on grand final day who wins. Who knows southern might not even make the final.

Reply #43822 | Report this post

The rumours are true folks. Following in his brothers footsteps, Phil will be retiring to focus on 'other interests'.

This has partly been brought about by his excellent showing at the recent STTTT when Phil pushed Ben 'The Wall' Hodges to a tie break in the semi final, only to eventually lose 23-21.

STIGA will be signing Phil to an endorsement contract, likely to be formally announced on the HoopsSA forum in the coming week.

Reply #43863 | Report this post

de bas  
Years ago

almost took home jimmy from what i heard. u can not choke like that if ur going to the AIS though.

Reply #43878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

those comments positively demonstrate how the second year players work to prevent the "team" from being one despite all the best efforts by the first year players to focus on team plays.

when will the select few second year players finally realise there is no "I" in team!

Reply #43935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the above post was in regards to woodville

Reply #43936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because most of the first years for woodville are shit and up them selves. They think that there good but since they've came up the 18's have played like shit.

Reply #43946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just 2 of the first years for woodville i heared

Reply #43957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gee the way u blokes bag the woodville 1st years maybe they would be better off playing some where else next year. they would be welcome at my club.

Reply #44059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the norwood team cant what to kick everbodys arse next year

Reply #44060 | Report this post

talk but not walk  
Years ago

next yrs crop of u18s is very weak. 44060, they are good in a weak group. nothing to be proud of!

Reply #44061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know of 1 coach who has already ask if the 2 of 1st years would like to come to try outs

Reply #44062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood has only 2 2nd years in its group

Reply #44063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is everyone bagging Woodville and their first year players. The two big guys Jackson and Brad have a lot going for them. As they are maturing they are getting stronger and have shown they have what it takes to get better.They are welcome at Woodville and will only improve with time. Matt has the skills to go on with it too, so please lay off them and Woodville. This seems to be comming from a rival club trying to make the boys think they would be better off elsewhere. Train hard and be loyal guys and the rewards will come. Moving clubs all only would hinder your progress.

Reply #44068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive been watching some of the woodville games and it seems that two of the 1st years (the big one with brown hair, and the small guard)have the wrong attitude to play well in the woodville group. The group have centered there game around teamwork and work ethic, this seems to be lacking from these two players.

And this is showing in the performances of this group, and doesn't seem to be a funny that woodville played really well with one of them not there friday night.

Reply #44105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still say other clubs are trying to make these guys seem they are not wanted to further their own goals in getting them to think about moving.A certain coach who was with the club has been seen talking to one of the big guys. Stay where you are the club respects you and your efforts.

Reply #44160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

na i think some of the woodville guys dont want some of those guys either, there not that good.

Reply #44165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The two first year big guys and first year gaud will do well next year. A learning curve this year but will come into their own next year. Don't liten to the negative crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #44255 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Calling someone "shit" doesn't cut it. Do it again and you'll be blocked.

Reply #44301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bagging individuals is pretty gutless especially when its pretty obvious where its coming from

Reply #44324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with that they should have the guts to put their name to it

Reply #44325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754