Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Approaching end of Season

Both the Women and Men's competition is getting tight for final spots with only five rounds to go. Too hard to call who will make it. Anyone have any thoughts

Topic #37420 | Report this topic

Years ago

top 2 in women sorted about 4 teams in race for last 2 spots - will get down to splits

Reply #536074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sharon Simons gone next season at forestville, heard it here first

Reply #536086 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Don't think Sharon wants it anyway

Reply #536107 | Report this post

Hogwash63  
Years ago

South men looking impressive

Reply #536112 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Men's League
Woodville and Norwood are in a tight battle for the Minor Premiership. West and North look solid in the Top 5 with South, Forestville and Sturt battling for the final spot.
Centrals, Mavs and Tigers are all having early showers this year. Time to throw caution into the wind boys, clear the bench and plan for next season.

Jack's Tip: Woodville, Norwood, Norf, West, South

MOTY: South @ Sturt this round. Must win game for both sides. Refs better get their white canes out. When was the last time South played a finals game?

Women's League
Norwood have locked in the Minor Premiership so the pressure is on the Norwood men not to be second!
Only the Tigers and Lions out of contention. Forestville need to win every game so you would think Wayville might be a ghost town come finals time.
South still a mathematical chance, but look like they will fall short by a game or two. Mavs in a similar position. They may have to beat Woodville at St Clair to force a three way split.

Jack's Tip: Norwood, Norf, West, Woodville, Sturt

Reply #536122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker not interested in premier league wants to win reserves and 23's, shows the incompetence at southern continues!

Reply #536134 | Report this post

Even older  
Years ago

Why where is she going..

Reply #536346 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Wouldnt say Tuc isn't interested in premier league.... the problem is the 23 side is pretty much the premier league side. Can only work with what you got

Reply #536348 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

More anonymous #keyboardwarriors bagging Forestville and Sharon maybe you should get a life.

Reply #536417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it bagging when the info is straight from a current player? Contract isn't getting renewed. More are happy about that than aren't

Reply #536420 | Report this post

NFI  
Years ago

When did players make contract decisions on coaches. I would have thought that would be a board decision.

Reply #536429 | Report this post

NFI  
Years ago

More than who are happy..Have you surveyed the group perhaps ?

Reply #536430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't think the players wouldn't have talked about it at any point?

Reply #536439 | Report this post

NFI  
Years ago

with an average age of 22 i am not sure the decision will rest with the players..

Reply #536442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We can all only hope that Forestville does reappoint Sharon as the club will continue to lose players.

NFI - if you think that her playing her own daughter hasn't had a massive effect on player moral, then you really do have NFI

Reply #536455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're leaving BECAUSE of her...

Reply #536476 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

I have been to most games. Young team i think they are doing okay. Have you Anons been to any games?

Reply #536514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Family member plays for them. Whatever you've seen is nothing compared to what I know

Reply #536528 | Report this post

Laughing  
Years ago

Annon ripping into forestvilles coach probably plays at southern now, the best run club in South Australia where it's a criteria to have a daughter in the senior team to be on the committee

Reply #536530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting look of the leagues...
In the women's

1st Norwood (locked in)
2nd North (Locked in)
3rd through 5th
Woodville (11-7) with Norwood, Sturt, South, Eastern remaining expected final record 13-9 after losses to Norwood and South (I'm 50/50 on the Sturt game but would tip Woodville)

West (10-8) with South, Southern, Norwood, Forestville remaining. Expected final record 13-9 after losing to Norwood (I am 50/50 on the South game but think West will get up)

South (9-10) with West, Woodville and Southern remaining. Expected final record 12-10 (although that depends on the West result)

Sturt (9-9) with Eastern, Woodville, Forestville and North remaining. Expected Final record 10-12 (I expect Sturt to lose to Woodville)

All others out of contention

Top 5 in the Women
Norwood
North
West
Woodville
South

In the Men
1-2
Norwood/Woodville looking at the last 4 games woodville has the better run home, if Woodville gets up over Norwood this weekend they finish 1st

3rd
West (12-6) with South, Southern, Norwood, Forestville remaining. Expected final record 15-7 after losing to Norwood

4th
North (11-7) with Forestville, Norwood, Centrals and Sturt remaining. Expected final record 14-8, losing to Norwood

5th
South (9-10) with West (loss), Woodville (loss), Southern (win). Expected final record 10-12 finishing outside the 5

Forestville (9-9) with North (50/50), Centrals (win), Sturt (win), West (loss). giving both teams the 50/50 win forestville final record 12-10 making the 5

Sturt (9-9) with Eastern (win), Woodville (loss), Forestvile (loss), North (50/50). final record 11-11 outside the 5

Top 5 in the Men
Woodville
Norwood
West
North
Forestville

Reply #536768 | Report this post

W  
Years ago

Big game this Week in the mens (woody and flames).
Home court advantage a big bonus?!

Womens: Outside of norwood, the rest of the pack is tight. Haven't seen much of Norths former olympian. They are V good when she plays

Reply #537452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can all start apologising to me now

Reply #553236 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 pm, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754