Scott
Years ago

NBL Betting odds

Are any of the major betting companies going to be producing betting odds for the NBL? Can't find any anywhere.

Topic #38072 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They were previously but nothing on Centrebet when I checked today.

Wouldn't surprise me if at NBL level some bookies followed the lead set by another, and some were waiting to see what the leader was going to do with Melbourne's odds, for example.

I'd be curious to know who's coming up with their numbers half the time. At one point they had Illawarra at $15 for example when you could tell they had a good coach, decent core, no likely chemistry problem with their one import, an import spot up their sleeve, etc. Not favourites, but certainly not $15.

Reply #551936 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I won alot of coin in game 2 of the SF between Cats and Taipans last year. Sports bet were paying nearly $2.50 for Cairns even with Perth crippled with a good chunk of their team injured. No idea how they came up with those odds but it was a nice pay packet :P

Reply #551937 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Sportsbet have the odds up for the championship
NZ $3.60
Sydney $4.00
Perth $4.33
Melbourne $6.00
Cairns $6.50
Illawara $9.00
Adelaide $10.00
Townsville $26.00

Reply #551945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paddy power in the UK have had NBL odds for the last couple of months.. The Hawks were paying 17/1 so I got on it!!

Reply #551947 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sportsbets odds have barely changed since they were first touted a month or two ago except Illawarra moved in from 15 to 9.

Melbourne remains at 6 despite their strong Blitz; the signing of Warrick and the apparent brilliance of newbies Holt and Majok. And NZ haven't moved despite The massive question mark over Webster.

This must just be an indication that no one's actually betting.

Reply #551960 | Report this post

Scott  
Years ago

Thanks for the responses... But no match odds anywhere which is weird.

Reply #551965 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Train, my favourite was the Dragons at $9 in the pre-season with Goorjian as a coach and a strong Australian contingent with two import spots to sign. Wish I'd put on more than $100.

Reply #551968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The place my mate works for said with games from Wednesday through Saturday that they'll be going up a day before the match for a while. eg, they put up NZ v 36ers on the 6th of Oct. Once things settle and they are used to the new rosters, etc odds may be put up a little earlier.

Reply #551970 | Report this post

Scott  
Years ago

Fair enough I suppose.

Reply #551973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrebet's championship odds are back up. No Round 1 odds yet, though.

New Zealand Breakers 4.50
Perth Wildcats 4.50
Sydney Kings 5.50
Melbourne United 5.50
Cairns Taipans 6.50
Illawarra Hawks 8.00
Adelaide 36ers 11.00
Townsville Crocodiles 26.00

Reply #551975 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Centrebet has stripped some value off.

But Sportsbet still has good value with United at $6 and Hawks at $9. No idea why anyone would be touching NZ or Perth with those teams available at those odds. Get on it...

Picked NZ from $8 last year- they were still $8 even after dominating Perth in round 1 in Perth, when it was clear new import Ibekwe was for real. Then a few weeks later they were still $8.

Reply #552000 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

@Isaac Well they do have the Hawks at $9 this year but yeah a Goorjian led team should never be at those odds.

Reply #552002 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Odds are out. I forgot Sixers have 3 games in 4 days to start the season. That is ridiculous

Sixers $1.74, NZ $2

Kings $1.74, Sixers $2

Taipans $1.45, Hawks $2.63
Crocodiles $2, United $1.74

Sixers $2.00, Wildcats $1.74
United $1.45, Hawks $2.63

Breakers $1.14, Crocs $5.20

I like United's value against Crocs. I think that will shorten. Only issue is usually home teams play really well in the first game of the season and can steal wins against better teams so it wouldn't surprise me if Crocs steal the win. Also the crowd and players would be extra fired up since the Cowboys won the NRL.

Reply #552533 | Report this post

Fworld  
Years ago

Perth have no martin or Jawaii

Reply #552537 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Isaac can you bump this thread and maybe rename it to Round 1 betting odds?

Fworld that is good news for Sixers but the problem is how tired they will be after playing 2 games before that.

Reply #552538 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

The sixers only have 2 games in round 1 the kings game is against Cairns

Reply #552539 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Matt you are right. Sportsbet has them playing Sydney on Thursday. I think the error is Kings are playing Cairns and on Saturday not Thursday. Sportsbet go home you are drunk!

Reply #552541 | Report this post

Fworld  
Years ago

Sports bet draw for rnd1 is crap. Totally wrong.

Reply #552545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sportsbet are amateurs.

WOW NBL just announced another new sponsor. Ladbrokes to be official wagering partner of the league. Hopefully they have some NBL promos.

Reply #552778 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754