Old Baller
Years ago

BSA - forfeits in Div 4 and lower

I have just noticed the amount of forfeits in the senior competition for Div 4 and lower.

At a count there were 20 games forfeited out of 25.

The reasoning must be the untimed game uproar.

Will BSA listen to this? Have they even given it a second thought?

Topic #38212 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will put their heads in the sand, blame the clubs, not accept any responsibility, increase fines and bit and moan around the office.

Reply #555396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably as its not as if they have anything else to do

Reply #555416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

396 has nailed it...sadly

Reply #555421 | Report this post

Old Baller  
Years ago

My main issue with the whole thing is the lack of communication. BTW I am not a player in these divisions.

If BSA have made this decision based on lack of court space or some other reason, they should have communicated this with enough time for players to decide if they want to play with these changes. With the late notice players have already signed up, been allocated fees and now have no choice.

Just my 2 cents.

Reply #555422 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

my mate played last night, myself and my team chose not to

even though the game time is shorter his team still had to pay as much as a fully timed game cost... if they are going to cut minutes cut the price as well at a minimum!

Reply #555444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard ALL clubs rejected the proposed changes and BSA went ahead with it anyway.

Reply #555470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently round 2 will see much of the same until Hubbard comes back from leave. Good to see most of the clubs United against another poor decision by bsa which they have tried to spin by saying all the clubs knew about the changes. Hopefully this United front can continue against other unpopular decisions or the indecisiveness with new stadiums. Weathers about to heat up again and will once again become a big issue. Would be good to see a blackout of juniors until a guaranteed proposal to air condition at least wayville and Pasadena as a starting point. I'm sure in the meantime clubs may work together and be able to schedule games at practice facilities that have air con, the ball has started rolling (sorry about the pun) and it's time to get behind it.

Reply #555641 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754