Jick
Years ago

Best NBA writer?

Zach Lowe for my money. Network does some funny stuff. Windhorst (sp?) good solid guy with a lot of experience.

Woj best twitter follow / news guy

Individual Nba blogs (pounding the rock etc) pretty good for analysis.

Used to like chad lowe on collegge / prospects, have gone off him a bit

Anyone else got a favourite / recommendations ?

Topic #38234 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best NBA writer or "who is the Boti Nagy of the NBL?"

Reply #556220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best NBA writer or "who is the Boti Nagy of the NBA?"

Reply #556221 | Report this post

Boti isn't good. He's just the only one we've got.

Reply #556236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was my point.

Reply #556238 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think you need to separate the basketball analysts (Lowe) from the guys who work the gossip / rumour trail (Windhorst, Broussard, etc...most people at ESPN).

In the NBL, Boti is the latter. Doesn't really have any capacity for basketball analysis. The game has passed him by.

Reply #556282 | Report this post

GSM  
Years ago

Any Lee Jenkins fans here?

Reply #556295 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Aah the Boti haters come out of the closet.
Mick & Supernintendo Chalmers - Boti has probably forgotten more about basketball than you have ever known (which may not be a lot). If you actually speak to anyone associated with basketball in Australia (particularly NBL coaches) then you will discover that he is highly respected for both his knowledge and analysing of games and players.
I'm sure you will have a rebuff to my comments, but let me assure you you are way off base with your comments re Boti.

Reply #556411 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

If you want really good analysis, check out Jonathon Tjarks writer for realgm

http://patternofbasketball.blogspot.com.au

Reply #556490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon12,

Speak to any club he has been involved with in SA and you will find the opposite.

Reply #556496 | Report this post

"then you will discover that he is highly respected for both his knowledge and analysing of games and players."

Cool. So why didn't we see more of that, instead of his rumour-mongering and scoop journalism?

Reply #556501 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Anon 556496. This is not about personalities (and I am aware of the animosity amongst some people and clubs in SA)and I am not referring to Boti's association with a club (which is not relevant) but his journalistic abilities and reputation. You will find that he is highly respected throughout Australia (and has received awards for his reporting and articles)and is often interviewed on television for his assessment of games and players.

Reply #556504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti has no competition. You can only beat what's in front of you...

Reply #556509 | Report this post

Gotcha Anon12. Only ask for an opinion from people that like him.

Reply #556516 | Report this post

Anon12: "Boti has probably forgotten more about basketball than you have ever known (which may not be a lot)"

LOL that's exactly what Boti writes in his articles. Hi Boti.

Reply #556517 | Report this post

billyhoyle79  
Years ago

scoop jackson used to be write the best articles about basketball , NBA , College etc...

Reply #556584 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Clive Nicholls Jr - LOL - sorry not Boti. Isaac would know I am not Boti (from 36ers days) but I have a long association with SA basketball and at a national level.

Reply #556683 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Lee Jenkins has done some good profiles for sure.

Have checked out Tjarks on realGM, smart stuff!

Reply #556990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754